Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 20:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/228/175 Female 5 ft. 7 in
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default MiniCarb crust Pizza

Had this for our dinner tonight and I was not impressed with the crustat all... Any ideas ?

PIZZA
Crust:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 eggs
2 ounces almond flour, generous 1/2 cup
1 ounce parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup
3/4 cup MiniCarb bake mix*
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded, 1 cup

Toppings:
1/2 cup pizza sauce
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 ounce can mushrooms, drained well
Pepperoni slices
Italian sausage, browned and crumbled
Ham, sliced in bite-sized pieces
Other meats of your choice
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped, about 2 ounces
Sprinkling of herbs of your choice

For the crust, place first 8 ingredients in food processor fitted with the chopping/mixing blade. Process until you have a somewhat smooth batter and all ingredients are well incorporated. Add the shredded Italian Blend cheese and pulse until well blended. Spread batter on well-greased 11x17" jelly roll pan, pushing dough up sides of pan slightly to form an edge crust. The dough will be very sticky, so after spreading as well as I could with a spatula, I covered it with a sheet of plastic wrap and pressed the dough in place through the plastic. Bake at 350º 15-20 minutes until nicely browned and set (crust may puff up in the oven, but will sink back down on cooling). Let crust stand on cooling rack a few minutes to rest and allow it to shrink down, if necessary. Spread pizza sauce over the crust, top with cheese, then the meat and other toppings of your choice. I like to sprinkle a little Italian seasoning and garlic powder over the whole thing before baking. Bake for another 20 minutes, until toppings are hot and bubbly. Cut and eat at once; it cools quickly.

Makes 12 good size slices
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 348 Calories; 28g Fat; 20g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pizza2.jpg (40.8 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 06:30

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Ehhhh, I'll give you a super-simple recipe that everybody loves in my house and maybe you'll like it, too

This is enough to make 4 good servings. I usually only eat 1 serving for a meal, but have been known to eat 2

preheat oven to 350

3 eggs
2 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup crushed pork rinds (plain)
Italian seasoning to taste (I use about 1/2 tbsp)
I like to add about 1/3 c. of parmesan but I was out this time and it was excellent without it - saves on cals and carbs, anyway

Blend this in your blender/food processor.

Take a square casserole dish and spray it with Pam and then line the entire bottom with really thin pepperoni slices, overlapping them and have them go about 1 inch up the sides of the dish. Pour the blender mixture into the pan gently (so it doesn't mess up the pepperoni) and bake for 10 minutes uncovered. I adjusted the heat to 325 and baked for another 20 minutes, until it was light-med. brown on top and the pepperoni fat was bubbling around the sides.

Take the dish out of the oven, put on your lc pizza sauce and toppings and a good layer of cheese and bake again for as long as you like, depending on how you like your pizza, and remove from the oven and let it set for at least 30 mins. I cut this into 4 slices and it's firm enough that you can actually pick it up and eat it like regular pizza.

Honestly, you CANNOT tell that there are pork rinds in the crust but they really, really help to get rid of the taste of the eggs and to make the crust firm.

I like to dip the crust in a mixture of Ranch dressing and hot sauce Just like the pizza dipping sauces
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 06:35

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

oops, guess you want to know how many carbs, right??

I worked it out to 7g per slice and that was going all out with loads of cheese, spinach, red pepper and extra pepperoni and sauce. So, you could enter the crust into Fitday and then adjust your toppings....
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 07:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/228/175 Female 5 ft. 7 in
BF:
Progress: 18%

Wonderful !
Thanks so much