Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 04:20
Registered Member

Plan: Protein power life plan
Stats: 194/189.6/135
BF:44.9
Progress: 7%
Default stay positive

I DO try to stay positive and that little green man sitting by my shoulder keeps his ugly face telling me I can not do this. I am discouraged. I am going to exercise this morning and start a new day
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 06:12
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Scotiagrl - You should just keep trying.... say your affirmations many times a day (whether you believe what you're saying or not) and eventually you'll find the ugly green man gets bored and goes away!! Big changes such as these do not happen overnight or in a week.... so just stay with it, ok? You're doing fine!
  #138   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 07:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/130/115
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default scotiagirl

I sometimes feel the same way you do, Scotiagirl. I want to get rid of my little green guy too. if you want we can try together.

Or if not, just remember that there are people here to listen and help u out.

have a good day

PiggyPiggy

p.s. Terri===Thanks for everything
  #139   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 12:03

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%
Smile

I think we'd all like to see dramatic "results" from our affirmations. Immediate results would be even better. But to be honest, it usually doesn't happen that way.

What does happen is that one day you realize that you don't talk so negatively to yourself anymore. Or something will happen and you'll respond pro-actively instead of reactively.... and you'll be amazed. After awhile you'll notice subtle changes in how you think. It may not happen tomorrow, but it will happen.
  #140   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 13:08

Plan: Protein Power (more or less)
Stats: 285/231/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default surrender gracefully to skillful behavior

Quote:
I think we'd all like to see dramatic "results" from our affirmations. Immediate results would be even better. But to be honest, it usually doesn't happen that way.

In meditation we don't assume that results are going to come immediately.

Skill grows with time and patience, and the best results occur when we eliminate striving.

Cheers --
  #141   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 19:45
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi All-

I love reading this thread and learning so much...

I ma having trouble SAYING my affermations. Not that I don't want to, but I guess since I am not used to it, I just forget. Then later on when I am reading it it reminds me, but then I feel like it is futile because it is the end of the day.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have tips for getting into a routine for affermations? I have been thinking positive on the way to work...that much I have remembered, but I need more help than that! LOL (Is that negative?? )

Thanks for all the help. This is new to me and I really want to make it work!

~ Michelle
  #142   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 20:46
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

I'm trying so hard... I really am...
but I told myself I wasn't going to get a cold... and I did anyway.

Now seriously... I'm not having a good start... I have my possitive affermations in front of me now. I will try harder.

I need to go get some reading materials on this subject. I went to some of the links... but I don't like buying over the internet... had a bad experience. So Friday I will go to my favorite book store.
  #143   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 21:05
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Default Sticky notes

To help you remember to say your affirmations, I recommend putting them on sticky notes .... tack them to your bathroom mirror, your refrigerator, your front door, the dashboard of your car, in your wallet, on your computer, on your desk at work, etc., etc., etc!!!

The greatest reminder of all, however, is when you hear yourself saying negative things to yourself! "I hate salads." Turn it immediately into "I enjoy eating healthy foods." and say it 10x. "I don't feel like exercising" .... turns into "I LOVE to exercise!" and say it 20x! "I look so FAT in this dress" turns into "I shed excess weight easily."

Get the idea??

LISTEN then affirm!!
  #144   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 04:25
Registered Member

Plan: Protein power life plan
Stats: 194/189.6/135
BF:44.9
Progress: 7%
Default green man

Thanks all for the support. I will try try try again. Did pretty well yesterday. I think I'll try Terri's suggestion about the sticky notes. I have my refrig full of pictures, I'll replace them with positive affirmations. Was that redundant, Positive affirmations. Oh well!
  #145   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 04:45

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 230/136/136 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

well I have been "affirming away " and I wonder if this has brought me unexpected results.

my affirmation "Iam a slim and healthy 10 stone woman"

"working in mysterious ways " comes to my mind.

Ive been doing Atkins since August. Believe it 100%.Committed 100% Nothing would have shifted me. Nothing. Determined to see it through.

then a series of ? coincidences have led me to try out CAD. Its early days. But I feel terrific and positive as never before

my point is .... keep at it..... maybe you'll bring yourself unexpected results along your path...... but hopefully will prove right for you.
  #146   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 12:24

I think I wrote this before, I write one affirmation on my bathroom mirror in lipstick. "I can do this." I see it in the mornings, evenings, everytime I'm in there. It gets me thinking while I brush my teeth or wash my face. Plus it's whimsical in a way. It's lipstick. My husband rolls his eyes and jokes "I CAN do this... I can wash it off the mirror." It makes it light. But only because I know he's joking.

The rest of the time, it's there and it reminds me.
  #147   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 10:38
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Where IS everyone???

I am POSITIVE that everyone will come visit this thread today

~Michelle
  #148   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 12:13
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Unhappy Someone please blow this dark cloud away from me!!

I had a long talk with my Mother about our mutal need to lose weight and I watched a show on TV about Obese people. Needless to say, I feeling very sad and upset about my weight.
(You can read more in my journal). I want a positive attitute!
I just can't see success at my weight battle.
And to make it worse I just read that if you yo yo'd dieted before weight loss is even more differcult.
Sigh.
  #149   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 14:53

Lessara... I haven't been to your journal yet so I am shooting in the dark. Are you struggling with low-carb? Do you lose slowly? Are you stalled? Do you exercise?

I guess I can only use myself as an example about weight loss and positives. The positive with me is that I know by low-carbing I am taking action. I know that any activity more than I do now is taking action. I have control. I might get stalled but I still feel better. It's a solution to my weight problem.

You can do this. You are working on it by being here. That's a solution! And a positive one at that. You will lose the extra weight. You will feel better. I know it. Now you know it.
  #150   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 15:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210.0/198.0/165 Female 5'5"
BF: entirely too much
Progress: 27%
Default Hi Lessara,

I know you probably already know this, but since you've started at the gym, your body is building some muscle tissue. Muscle tissue growth is usually accompanied by some water retention. I know how you feel, I've been having a hard time staying motivated lately as well, but believe me, although it takes time, sticking with your exercise program will become easier. Your body just needs a little time to realize that it actually does like to exercise!

If I start to feel down I try to remember that if I had never found LC, I'd probably still weigh 223 (or more ) and feel 10 times worse than I do now. Have faith in yourself because you CAN do this.

Good luck!