Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 00:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Daily Menu Thread - Saturday, Jan 5

I'd like to start up this thread again. I think it will be helpful to all of us, but especially to the Newbies. When you're new to LC, it's very helpful to read what others are eating so you can develop your own food plans. If you already are posting menus in your journals, why not copy and paste it in this thread, too, so there will be a lot of different LC menus all in one place?

THANK YOU.

Post what you had yesterday, or what you're going to have today, or both

Friday's Menu (doing Atkins this week)

Breakfast (hurriedly): 4 slices bacon

Snack (on way out door): 1 oz cheddar cheese

Lunch: 6 slices turkey breast with 2 oz provolone

Diinner: 6 oz chicken breast stir fried in butter with one cup broccoli, more butter

Snack: 2 hard boiled eggs

3 liters of water!

-------------------------------

Saturday's plan:

Breakfast: 4 slices bacon, 2 eggs

Lunch: 2 hamburgers with cheese

Diinner: 6 oz chicken breast stir fried in butter with one cup broccoli, more butter

Snacks: salami
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 00:44
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

WTG Alto!

Friday, January 4th

Meal 1 - 2 prime rib bones, mixed greens with balsamic vinaigrette

Meal 2 - Shrimp Egg Foo Yung - recipe in "Let's Talk Induction Foods" thread

Meal 3 - 6 prawns with lemon mayonnaise

Meal 4 - 1 piece "meatza" - ground beef and pork crust topped with mushrooms, peppers, bacon, green olives and mozarella cheese

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 03:24
Registered Member

Plan: 10-20g per day
Stats: 169/129/125
BF:
Progress: 91%

I have been really concentrating on drinking my water now that summer is here... It's very hard but! four litres each of the last four days.

Unfortunately as a result it seems I can't eat much during the day:

No breakfast

Lunch: full cream cottage cheese with dill
Cauliflower pickle
Individual Coon cheese piece

Dinner:

Rare sirloin steak cooked to perfection on the bbq
Spinach salad with cubed boiled egg, crumbled bacon and a mustard, almond oil, kaffir lime leaf and lemon dressing.
Green salad for Brad, I ate some of the lettuce and cucumber.

Tomorrow was to be roast beef but a very high temperature of 39C is forecast so I will thaw out the trout and have that on the bbq with slivered almonds, lemon and probably a salad of sorts.

Last night's dinner was a ripper!!!

Fresh King Island black mussels for two steamed in the most terrific curry sauce I have ever made! An eggplant curry to go with them. Anyone want the recipes let me know but I am not sure it is mussel season everywhere. Another all-you-can-eat food with so much taste!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 03:57

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default January 4th Menu

Breakfast:
3 oz Roast Beef
Mushrooms fried in Garlic Butter
Decaf Tea with Heavy Cream

Snack:
1 oz Brie Cheese

Lunch:
3 oz Roast Beef
1 oz Macadamia Nuts

Dinner:
1 small Lobster
3 Tbsp melted Butter

Snack:
Chocolate Mock Danish

Calories Eaten Today
Total: ~ 1749~ ~
Fat: 137~ 1234~ 71%
Carbs: 19~ 55~ 3%
Protein: 115~ 459~ 26%

I had to work to get the calories as high as they are today. I'm eating less fatty and also less processed food, which is mainly salami and bacon for me.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 10:41

Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thank you! But I'm greedy. More, please. Isn't anyone else out there eating today????

I'm very happy to see more imaginative menus than mine (although Basic Diners should post, too; there are noncooks among us).

Karen, a question. When you say 2 prime rib bones, do you mean with or without the meat on them?
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 11:04

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

hehehe Sorry Alto! I was ummm reading other's journals and responding to questions!

For breakfast this morning I was sick of eggs so tried to be creative. I started out with some salmon, onions, an egg and a bit of bay seasoning. (I was going to make some salmon patties) MAN what a mess that made! Without any binder the "pancakes" sorta flattened out in the pan and decided to stick. Which in turn almost started to burn before I got them flipped over. The taste? Ick. For some reason they were bitter so I umm flushed it down the sink.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo..... long story short:

Breakfast:
4 slices of bacon
2 eggs

Lunch:
Tuna salad wrapped in lettuce (blame it on Doreen for the suggestion!)

Dinner:
Salsibury Steak and mushrooms
brocolli, cauliflower and zucchini steamed with butter and basil!

Not sure what lunch or dinner is. Hubby left for Houston this morning so I am on my own for lunch/dinner ideas.

Last edited by agonycat : Sat, Jan-05-02 at 16:24.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 11:05
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%

Friday's menu

Br - low-salt bacon (very meaty), eggs scrambled in butter, grated x.old cheddar

Lu - cup of hot home-made chicken broth, celery stalks with natural almond butter

Di - chicken breast & shrimp, stir-fried in peanut & toasted sesame oils, snowpeas, red pepper, green onion, fresh ginger, garlic & tamari

Sn - handful dry-roasted macadamia nuts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday's menu

Br - spinach & soft goat cheese omelet

Lu - tuna salad in Boston lettuce leaf "wraps"

Di - meatloaf (mixed pork & beef, haven't decided on a recipe yet, probably Italian-type herbs, onions etc), eggplant slices, brushed w. olive oil, seasoned and simply grilled.

Sn - the rest of the macadamias ~ ½ cup

Doreen
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 11:50

Plan: Southbeach (Phase 2)
Stats: 162/160/130 Female 5'3"
BF:32/%/?/20%
Progress: 6%

Hi everyone!

Friday:
meal 1: steak and cheese sub-no roll, of course! (the guy at the deli I go to will make all the sandwiches without rolls for me-he puts the fillings in a styrofoam container-he's very nice!-that way I can even eat a Ruben for lunch and not feel deprived! YUM!)

Meal 2: tuna with mayo

Meal 3: SF orange jello

water, water and more water!

Meal 4: Had friends over for dinner (non-low-carb friends) made a roast chicken in my Ronco Rotissery (one of the best things I've ever purchased over tv) with salad and green beans-made my friends some rice and french bread-none for me though!
2 scotch on the rocks! 1 glass of white wine

Sat. Plan:
Meal 1: 3 sausages-2eggs

Meal 2: Tuna with Mayo and some salad (leftovers from last nite)

Meal 3: Making chicken soup with leftover chicken carcass and a turkey leg I found in the freezer-no carrots- just with some onion and celery, some bay leaves and peppercorns. Will finish it off with some shredded cabbage and some canned tomatoes with no sugar added and leftover chicken(this will be good for the boyfriend-he's got a cold-but I like it too!)

water, water and more water

snack on jalapeno jack cheese and SF orange jello with whipped cream with liquid stevia.

Oh-I forgot- supplements: Womens multi vitamin, chromium picolinate, cal-mag w/zink, potassium, fish oil, echinacia (sp?) trying to ward off boyfriend's cold, vit c, alfalfa, gulcosamine(sp?)and ginko-I forget what that does!-Kidding

Have a good weekend all!
Judi B.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 15:09

Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

WTG Alto. Silly me, I actually missed this thread when it disappeared, but didn't have the guts to restart it.

Today has been a grazing day for me. Constant nibbling in between running around and doing errands and chores.

The graze:

1. 2 oz of cheese
2. 2 oz of pork rinds while driving around doing errands. I was lightheaded from not having enough breakfast, so the quick protein boost helped
3. 2 oz of cheese
4. I discovered SALAMI!!!! Found a brand that has no carbs (the others all had some). It's the same brand as the pepperettes I love. I've grazed thru the whole pack of 8 slices while maddly doing housecleaning.
5. A handful of sliced red peppers and a rib of celery, plus a few radishes.
6. a warmed up leftover frozen mini crustless quiche

This is definitely not a model meal day. I'm way behind on essentials, but will sit down to a good dinner with a luscious salad and some canned tuna for a change. Later I'll work out the counts.

Actually, looking back at it now, it falls into a breakfast and a lunch combo, so I bet I'm not far off from being a good girl.

Alto, did ya catch the new red-head on the forum?
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 15:39
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Karen, a question. When you say 2 prime rib bones, do you mean with or without the meat on them?

I want to run with the wolves, so it was only the bones! It's the last phase in the Neanderthin program.

Seriously, it was the meat only. I can get them for a real bargain - $1.79 per pound and they are delicious!

Karen
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 15:40

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Great idea Alto!!

I am just changing my routine of eating. Because I eat dinner pretty late (7-7:30) I decided to try getting my carbs in early in the day and then just have protein for my dinner.

Friday...
AM--- 2 eggs scrambled w/ mushrooms

Lunch----Roast chicken breast w/skin
Salad>> 2 cups romaine. 1 0z shredded parm. cheese, 1/2 cup mushrooms, ceasar dressing

Snack---1 Atkins Zucchini muffin(4 carbs) w/ little cream cheese

PM-----3 chicken hot wings.

This just doesn't sound like a lot... but I have trouble eating alot(just don't have the appetite!)

I'll see if I sleep better-- doing my carbs earlier And maybe I can burn them up before bed and get my weight moving again!!
Ellie

PS>>>> Babs... lucky you!! having summer!! How I long for the warm weather again!! Its cold here in FL. this week and I HATE THE COLD!!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 16:50
Forum Founder

BF:

2 spicy beef patties - flavoured with coriander and cumin seed, cilantro and chili pepper

1 bowl turkey, daikon, cabbage and celery soup with a squeeze of lemon and chilies

Meat balls baked with ratatouille
Mashed cauliflower and cabbage with Gruyere cheese
Frisee, avocado, radish, egg, cucumber salad with walnut oil dressing
Celestial Seasonings English Toffee Tea

Piece of Gouda with cloves and cumin - odd but good and traditionally Dutch

Karen