Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 13:28

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Aaargh - another bad day

Hi all

Ummm, I messed up again

I have overslept this morning, so I did not have time to prepare food for work, eat breakfast ( I had 3 biscuits instead ) or any of the other things I had planned.

At work I was starving, but only high-carb snacks available, so I decided to wait for lunch . There is a pub round the corner selling Thai food, so I was looking forward to a nice Thai Green Curry.

Aargh The curry was awful. It was more like a soup, very sweet , had some flour in it ( I could actually taste it!). I had to eat the rice to make it palatable (weak excuse, I know ).

This set off a whole lot of cravings. I had to have extra coffee, as I was soo tired after lunch (and at work we only have skimmed milk, urgh). This evening I could not stay away from the pasta, which I cooked for BF and daughter

Total carbs today : 93

Just wanted to let off steam. Phew. Feel better now. Water is not very good either. Managed to drink just one litre, but I am still working on it. I am just really tired now.

Greetings and to a better day tomorrow.
Sabine
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 13:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

we are but human
Tomorrows another day

Lesley
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 13:56

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Default don't get down!!

just think about how many carbs you used to eat in a day. compared to today, your still doing better that the old way of eating.

keep your spirits up
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 14:32

Plan: Barry Groves - Dr Atkins
Stats: 175/173/142
BF:
Progress:

Most of us do it at one time or another, don't worry and straight back on track tomorrow.

Bez

#5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 16:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/262/175
BF:
Progress: 24%

The trick is to forgive yourself and get back on the wagon. It is really easy to say "I have blown it, might as well finish up that ice-cream in the freezer too" but that is what causes failure of this and any diet.

The cravings will go away again, spend some time, plan ahead and tomorow will be better

Holly
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 17:00

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Don't worry. Just think of it as an *unplanned cheat brought about by the Wrath of Pi$$ed Off Low Fat Gods*

There now, feel better?
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-01, 16:35

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi All

Thanks for all the support .
I was really good today, and even managed to drink all my water, but I am feeling tired and worn out. It could be the carbs as such, or the wheat I had. Never mind. It should hopefully have disappeared by tomorrow. I don't want to go through all the cravings again. I take it the odd carb day can't be too bad. Rice contains a lot of Vitamins, not so sure about Biscuits and Pasta

Just some minor excuses, I know. Weight gain was quite bad, I put on 1kg (2.2lbs) I hope it is all water, otherwise the Thai Thingy would have contained even more sugar than I anticipated !

Funny thing is, I asked my collegues (they recommended the food there), if they find the curry too sweet, and they said it tastes just right I think their taste buds are just too used to sugar. I can't stand sweets anymore (I never liked them much in the first place ), but now things just taste really, really sweet, even if they contain minute amounts of sugar.
Weird !

Thanks again all

Sabine