Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-13-17, 07:01

Plan: LowCarb/Carnivo/Intermit
Stats: 365/279.8/190 Male 6 foot
BF:
Progress: 49%
Question Is this normal to get stuck not losing this long?

July 29 my lowest weight was 310.2
July 10 I was 311
July 6 I was 314

I am 314 and have been up and down but not below 314

It is August 13

Ugh!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-14-17, 03:43

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hi, You've done really well so far. It's so frustrating isn't it? I'm also stuck and have gained back a few pounds but I know it's because I've not stuck to the plan. My transgressions haven't been really major but it's enough to stop the LC magic from working. If you haven't cheated, then hang in there, the stall will break sooner or later. Even if you have cheated, whatever you do don't give up. Just try to figure out what is causing the stall and cut it out for a while. Different people react differently to different foods. Keep on truckin' and you'll get there in the end.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-15-17, 07:16

BF:

Thanks, I think there is more going on the second half of my month or so of not losing. I am going to be losing my job due to loss of funding. So one issue is stress. Second is I got off my diabetes meds so one of them was helping me lose so it is taking my body awhile to get back into the correct mode... I today am close to my lowest low I am 311.2 so hopefully that will continue and I will start to lose soon.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-15-17, 07:29

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

yes for me - many plateaus.

Weight goes down, Weight stays same, Weight goes up.

WAIT.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...715&postcount=5
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-15-17, 10:44

Plan: IF
Stats: 198.5/178/140 Female 60"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Oh yes, very normal. I go down a pound, up a pound, hover a bit, until finally, my body lets me go to a lower number. Definitely discouraging but hang in there. Eventually, the scale will budge.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-17, 07:07

BF:

Drives me crazy seeing people who started the same day as me and have lost a ton more than me. I know don't compare but I am human. I worry. I want to keep losing even a little. LOL
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-17, 10:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Look at you! You're down 50 lb, off your meds and no longer considered diabetic. That is a lot to celebrate and be proud of, and thankful for. The most helpful phrase I've come across in my low-carb readings is "fits and spurts" to describe the weight loss process. It is a process. Some days are harder/more discouraging than others. It's a mixed blessing to stay focused on weight loss because it keeps us on track, and accountable. But seeing the weight loss through such a narrow lens prevents us from seeing the big picture. It's good to take some time out to take a broader look at where you were versus where you are now. How you feel. How your clothes fit. Etcetera.

You're obviously doing the right stuff. Just keep doing it and hang in there!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-12-17, 16:22
Registered Member

Stats: 310/310/185 Male 69"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi NSND,
Everyone here has plateaued at some point and yes... it sucks. I am also sorry to hear about your job. That's stressful for sure! I guess you have to ask yourself if you never lost another pound would you be comfortable eating this way and never taking Diabetic medicine anymore? I think you lost weight at the right time. Could you imagine being at your old weight, diabetic and losing your job? Hang in there bud! You will start losing weight again.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-07-18, 20:29

BF:

I am so stuck my lowest point was 302 since Nov 2017 I have bounced up and down from 305 - 315 in the morning tonight my scales says 318... this is driving me crazy nuts...i just want to lose weight 100lbs more at least. 😭
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-18, 00:12

Plan: LCHF / IF
Stats: 333/113/138 Female 5'6"
BF:BMI 56/18/22
Progress: 113%

Hi, I know stuck feelings every so often. You can do it, you've done so well so far This following thread helped me and in particular the post by zoogirl

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=479004

(for me - I ate more and bingo an unstuck. If I weigh myself too often I tend to eat less if it goes up or not down hehe) Hope it might help you
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-18, 07:32
Registered Member

Stats: 310/310/185 Male 69"
BF:
Progress: 0%

All I can think of is calories. How many are you eating daily? I know I used to get caught up in the "I'm eating low carb so I eat as much as I like and lose weight". If you're sedentary like me, you may have to drop below 2000 calories. When I was 300+ pounds and lazy, I was really surprised that my daily calorie expenditure had to be between 1500-2000 in order to lose weight. Especially since I read you need 10x your weight in calories just to maintain your current weight. I hope that helps?
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-18, 08:47
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

The "eat when hungry, stop when full" advice only took me so far. I find that satiety comes too slowly for me and I can eat more food than I need - even if it is very low carb food. For the first 9 months of my weight loss I just kept carbs < 30 net and that was sufficient to suppress my appetite enough to lose the first 100 pounds. But I noticed my weight loss slowing down quickly. I tracked my food on MY PLAN for a few days and found that I was still eating 2800 to 3200 calories per day. That may have been OK when I weighed 440 pounds and had a base metabolism near 4000 calories per day. But that wasn't going to get me to my goal weight. I noticed that my snacks added up to more than 500 calories per day. The first thing I did was to work on eliminating snacking between meals. I started with not snacking after dinner and then worked on the between time of the other meals.

At about the same time I was working on the snacking issue I started experimenting with intermittent fasting. The idea of missing a meal was actually terrifying to me at the time, but it turned out to be much easier than I thought. Skipping breakfast, getting an 18 hour fast between dinner and lunchtime was easy-peasy. Doing a 23 hour fast from dinner to dinner was a little tougher. I only did a few of those in the coming months and they did get easier with practice.

It took some diligence but within a month or two I was able to get my eating down to 2000 (give or take) calories per day. That was sufficient to get me to goal. I didn't have hunger issues with it either. As it turned out the extra eating was more habit than need. I had to work on some bad habits. I also had to lay off of the Atkins bars. It was apparent that they were a "problem food" for me. I tended to binge on them.

Anyway - that's what I did to keep the scale moving. If you've stalled out that long I think that it is time for you to start tweaking your diet. I made several tweaks on my journey to goal. When you eat low carb you have the control that you need to make such tweaks. But you still have to have the mindset to do it. It is work at first, but eventually you will adjust and it will become your new normal

I hope this helps.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-18, 23:26

Plan: LCHF / IF
Stats: 333/113/138 Female 5'6"
BF:BMI 56/18/22
Progress: 113%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsnd
July 29 my lowest weight was 310.2
July 10 I was 311
July 6 I was 314