Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-04, 17:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196.8/186.6/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Ricki's Gym Log

I've been working out for the last week...here's a basic run down. I'll keep closer track of it now that I've started a log.

Stair climber 15 min.
Chest press 3x15 30Ib
Chest pull 3x15 30Ib
Behind the neck pulls 3x15 50Ib
leg extension 3x15 50Ib
Back arm ups 3x15 10Ib
Bicep curls 3x15 20Ib
Treadmill (HIll) 15 min.
Ab roller 1 set of 80

I've been varying the weights, so I don't do all of these every time, but I get most of them done. I really hope to increase my weight and also my endurance. Mostly, I just want to lose some pounds!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-04, 18:03
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Okay, good start!

I'll offer my suggestions, since you're posting and I like butting in...

Ditch the 15 minutes of pre-lifting cardio. It actually interferes with fat loss. Do your cardio after, but never before.

I like to do abs as a warmup, while I have all my energy. Not on a heavy leg day, but in general otherwise.

Behind the neck pulls can be hard on your neck. Perhaps consider switching to in front of the chest instead?

Have a peek at the first page of my journal - there's a link to my first lifting programme, and there are little movies in there that describe the movements. You may wish to incorporate a little split like this to get started without missing any bodyparts.

Drop in my journal if you'd like me to butt in some more. And good job in getting started!

- Built
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 11:21
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Ricki -

You're welcome! And by no means do you need to do the whole workout - just try to hit the body groups mentioned in the order they're indicated. If you can lift three times a week, you'll do yourself a world of good.

#4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 12:45

BF:
Progress:

Wow...3 times a week, huh? Sounds good to me since I've been killing myself doing 5 or 6 days a week. I think I'll just do cardio again tonight because I've been really fatigued the last few days.

Last night
Treadmill 45 min.(variable hill)
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 09:59

BF:
Progress:

Last night...
Legs
3x10 Standing leg harness outside, inside 20Ibs
3x10 Standing leg harness back 30 Ibs
3x12 Front leg (pull ups?) 2 ~ 50Ibs, 1 ~ 60Ibs
80 sit ups on ab roller

This took half an hour, which is the full amount of time I had to spend. Luckily, my legs are plenty sore today. Was going to do some squats, but I've never been able to do them without hurting my knees. Possibly, I'm too fat and my angle is wrong. Might attempt on my next leg workout.
Did I mention that I'm sore?
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 15:06

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

looks like youre off to a great start! when i started i simply followed the BFL routine....upper body mondays, cardio tuesdays, lower wednesdays, cardio thursdays, upper fridays, cardio saturdays and rest day sundays....then the NEXT week you flip and do lower monday and friday, upper wednesday and cardio in between with sundays off! you just keep switching every week! i find that lifting 3 days a week and cardio 3 days a week are really working!! it helps for me to have a set routine to follow.
are you taking L-glutimine? it really helps with the soreness....consider it!!

as far as the squats....just take it slow and easy....i find that if i try to go too fast my ankles hurt.....but im only up to 84lbs barbell squats so what do i know?? hehhee....cant wait till im up in the hundreds!

anything is better than nothing girl! youre doing great! just remember to do the lifts correctly and with slow concentrated movements...never try to increase your weights unless you are sure you can handle it either...injury will curb your entire exercise routine! whats most important is that you are doing SOMETHING and not NOTHING right??

im so proud of you!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 10:44

BF:
Progress:

I just can't thank you both enought for your support...it means a lot to me! I don't feel like I'm just guessing anymore.

Last night was arms
shoulder pull downs 3 sets of 12 ~ 50 Ibs
Barbell biceps 3 sets of 12 ~ 10 Ibs (weak)
Barbell kickbacks 3 sets of 12 ~ 10 Ibs
Reclining barbell biceps 3 sets of 12 ~ 10 Ibs
Reclining benchpress 3 sets of 12 ~ 30 Ibs
Chest press? 3 sets of 12 ~ 30 Ibs
Seated shoulder press 3 sets of 12 ~ 40 Ibs (I think)
Forearm extension 3 sets of 12 ~ 30 Ibs

Seems like a lot, but I'm only a little sore today. My shoulders kept popping when I did the kickbacks. I'm a little worried about this, not because I'm hurt today, but just because it doesn't sound like something that should be happening. Other than that, cardio tonight and then we take off Saturday (I know, backwards) then Sunday is legs!!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 10:46

BF:
Progress:

OK, I'm back after a long weekend of rest....too long.
Last night was 45 minutes of hill climbing on the treadmill. I burned about 360 calories and was sweating like an eskimo on an Oklahoma summer day! I plan a workout with weights tonight....need to do my legs.