Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-11, 19:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157.5/129 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Exclamation I ate the candy!

Yes, I ate some of my kids' Halloween candy tonight. Not good, I know.

But here is the VERY good news:

1) I had a few pieces of candy - and STOPPED. I did NOT allow a small slip-up to turn into a binge. Hooray for ME!

2) It didn't taste that good! Yay - my "sweet tooth" is abating. I ate the stuff more out of "Halloween habit" than because I really wanted something sweet.

3) It REALLY inspired me to stick with the program without deviating. Like I said, it just wasn't worth it!!!

This is not a diet - it's how I plan to eat for the rest of my life, so I am NOT going to get worked up about one mistake.

Nighty-night!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-11, 19:49

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 165/152/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 52%

Okay, since this is a support forum, im going to give you a little tough love. Dont eat any more candy! It is bad for you! Hope that helps.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-11, 19:59
Registered Member

Stats: 217/210/145 Female 52
BF:
Progress: 10%

I gave out non food stuff. I dont want to make this mistake in the coming holidays so I am now going to get some LC menus in order! The "sweet season" is here...!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-11, 20:18

BF:

Well, YEAH! I KNOW it's bad for me!

I was just trying to stay positive!

Thanks, though!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-11, 20:58

Plan: try to stay under 50 gram
Stats: 139/127.6/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 81%

good for you! I ate a piece too (mini kit kat) and a peanut m&m (yes 1!). I am very proud of myself. And I avoided all the sweets at work yesterday (I'm a nurse and there were PILES of candy, cookie etc everywhere last night).
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-11, 21:44

BF:

Not to be stupid, but how did this post get to the "confession" forum? I posted it in the regular Atkins board. I wasn't "confessing" anything!!!! I don't want to be a b****, but I worked REALLY hard for several years to overcome hideous attitudes about food, including the notion that certain foods are "sinful" or that going off - plan means I need to "confess."

Just wonderin' how the post got here....
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-11, 23:08
Registered Member

Stats: 217/210/145 Female 52
BF:
Progress: 10%

I think a mod moved it.
Good job! One is better than a binge. Just be cautious, one can sometimes lead to a binge. (at least it does for me)

Last edited by juju_khan : Tue, Nov-01-11 at 10:31.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-11, 12:00

Plan: NANY
Stats: 330/281/170 Female 64.5 inches
BF:Mostly Fried Foods
Progress: 31%

They move every post where someone mentions eating something "bad" to this forum. From what I understand, some people here are extremely sensitive and even reading about the "naughty" foods people indulge in trigger something in them, so this forum is used to isolate the lascivious food posts.

YAY for you!! You are so right - this is a way of LIFE, not a short-term diet - so you did GREAT! Enjoy some of the naughty stuff every once in awhile and continue on with your regular LC WOE. That's my philosophy. And nobody should reprimand you under the guise of "support" for your choices.

Hubby and I planned a Cheat Day for yesterday - Halloween is once a year, for goodness sake - and I planned to put some serious hurt on the candy...but I had one Fun Size Twix and one Fun Size Kit-Kat, and neither one really impressed me (those have been my 2 fav candy bars for as long as I can remember).

It was quite a letdown to not have a candygasm. LOL I had really looked forward to it, too...but like so many of the things I look forward to eating on our scheduled Cheat Days, they ended up not living up to the hype in my head.

Again, high-five!