Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Quick Meals & Snacks
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 17:10

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default creative today

i got a little creative today for lunchtime. I cut several squares of tofu, added cayenne pepper, black pepper (i love spice), some monterey jack cheese, and some deli meat (beef bologna) over each tofu square..kind of like an hors d'oevres. and microwaved it for 1 min, till it was all gooey, then devoured it . this was my first time eating tofu on a LC diet. i'm so happy to find something new & very satisfying!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 17:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

sounds interesting bluugirl! i love tofu and eat it every day! always looking for new ways to eat this wonderful food!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 22:49

BF:
Cool burn food faster on LC diet?

i'm so glad to finding the tofu and trying it out-it really does taste good and it's light. I don't usually have much time to prepare something- whatever i have i zap in the microwave
lately have been having teriyaki chicken wings..they are so good! i'm always trying to find something new so i don't get bored and keep eating monotonous foods. I weighed myself this evening - i lost about 1-2 lb.. it's not much, but it's in the right direction. I'm curious to know if anyone out there gets the feeling that after dinner their bodies are burning the food faster ?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 15:16

BF:

i think i'm getting addicted to my tofu snack lol.. now i'm having it for breakfast/lunch and my kitten is attacking me lol... now i've run out of tofu
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 17:38

BF:

bluugirl, my husband doesn't mind tofu, he actually likes it. i've read several different sources that say that a diet high in soy isoflavones is a deterent to prostate cancer, the number 2 cancer in men! none of my sources said what was number one. i'm assuming colon cancer? anyway, i like to make a big main course salad for dinner at least once a week. dave really likes them too. i try to change the protein ingredient. i was going to use albacore tuna tonigh, but i decided on tofu instead. i stirfried cubed tofu w/garlic and mushrooms and tossed them on the salad when it was time to eat! dave loved it and my youngest daughter, therese, who would never eat tofu, just discovered that she likes it, she really, really likes it! this is such a coup for me!! i've been eating tofu for about 15 years and my kids avoid it like the plague. my son was so happy when dave and i started low carbing and eating meat again!
wow, i've gone way off topic here bluugirl! i just wanted to give you another idea for tofu!
by the way, i buy 6 packs of tofu every week. i can't run out!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 17:47

BF:

i think i'll have to get maybe 3 packs b/c that pack didn't last me two days thanks for that recipe tip, i'll try it out, however i'll tell my boyfriend about it since he usually cooks for us. lol
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 20:05

Stats: 188/163/145?
BF:
Progress:
Default what type of tofu?

Hi Girls. I have never tried tofu but after reading your posts, I think I will. There seems to be a variety of types of tofu. Which is the best to start with? Thanks and Cheers. Lara.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 20:09

BF:

hi lara,
depending on what you're going to make.. i like to get firm, b/c the soft is far too soft and falls apart. Even the 'firm' is soft from the water in the tofu pack. I think there is 'very firm' tofu ... i'm not sure if there's any difference in the carb content between the different ones..if there is it's probably very minor.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 16:47

BF:

i use the extra firm. i buy "sunshine tofu". it's organic. the pack that i buy is 350 g. i use 1/2 a pack as 1 serving. it's about 25 g protein, 4g carb, 1g fibre. it's also the tastiest, as far as i'm concerned!