Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#451   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-13, 09:39

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Just remember that your counts may vary depending on the exact product you use. Fage Greek yogurt might have different counts than another brand of Greek yogurt, for example. Same with the cream cheese, sweetener, etc.
Sponsored Links
  #452   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-13, 11:04

Plan: Atkins/general low carb
Stats: 160/144/140 Female 5 ft. 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Just remember that your counts may vary depending on the exact product you use. Fage Greek yogurt might have different counts than another brand of Greek yogurt, for example. Same with the cream cheese, sweetener, etc.

yes, thank you for the reminder. I did put in the actual Fage counts. 'Softening' the cream cheese at this moment!

Double checked my cream cheese and adjusted the calculation, now 3 net carbs per 1/12 serving, still worth it!
  #453   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-13, 12:27

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 195/178.6/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Going to give this a try once I get all the ingredients
  #454   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-13, 11:12

Plan: Atkins/general low carb
Stats: 160/144/140 Female 5 ft. 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

this turned out perfectly. I added the raspberry SF syrup for half of the sweetener and used liquid spenda. I really think the greek yogurt gave it the perfect tang. I have eaten this for LUNCH the last two days. The almond crust is awesome as well, can't imagine it without the crust. Delicious!
  #455   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-13, 09:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238.0/238.0/170 Female 5"3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I made this delicious cheesecake the other day and it is great! I had vanilla syrup on hand, so that's what I used for the sweetening.

Last night I had a serving with a teaspoon of low sugar raspberry jam - very nice!
  #456   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-13, 11:17

BF:

I wanted to mention that I made a crust of:
3/4 C almond meal
3/4 C chopped/crushed walnuts
1/2 C melted butter
pinch of salt
Splenda to taste - up to 1/4 C

Pour into bottom of baking pan and spread/press as evenly as possible.

It makes a wonderful crust, but here's what makes it even better: bake at 325F for 10-15 minutes before pouring in the cheesecake batter and then bake as usual. Baking toasts the nuts and butter and brings out the flavour.

I'll be making one or two of these cheesecakes this week and giving most of it to our church bazaar. People just love gluten and sugar-free, especially diabetics.

Last edited by Caroxx : Tue, Nov-12-13 at 11:25.
  #457   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-13, 11:27

BF:

And the best thing is, no one ever suspects it's low-carb!
  #458   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-13, 12:29

Stats: 169/163.6/125 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Going to save this and give it a try
  #459   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-13, 23:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 220/154/140 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 83%

This is still my #1 go-to recipe. Everybody loves it! Now that I'm able to get ahold of DaVinci syrups I've been able to make different flavours. My personal favorite is praline with english toffee whipped cream.

When I make it I have to fight not to eat the batter! It's sooo good
  #460   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-13, 21:05
LCing for health!

Plan: GF whole foods
Stats: 160/140/140 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Marking this to try for thanksgiving. This has been on my to-cook list FOREVER. Anyone have a great crust recipe featuring fall spices?
  #461   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-13, 01:02
LCing for health!

Plan: GF whole foods
Stats: 160/140/140 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 100%

So I made this today as a test run! The texture was absolutely luscious. I saw what Bawdy said about adding pumpkin, and ended up using up a couple of sweet potatoes to make a puree. Added 1 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato and it tasted fab before baking.

The problem came when I tried to bake it in one of those smaller springform pans (didn't see dimensions for the pan specified). The batter came right up to the brim of the springform pan. I'm a total cheesecake n00b, and didn't realize that it'd puff up so much! It overflowed completely and looked totally deformed, haha. Going to try again with the batter coming up to an inch from the top of the pan. The taste of the filling was just too delicious not to try again!

Did anyone else try the cheesecake with farmer's cheese or lf cream cheese instead of full fat cream cheese? I only had the lf stuff on hand. Was wondering if that could've contributed to the problem with it overflowing.
  #462   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-13, 14:38

Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:

Oh, this is awesome! I was looking for something for a "birthday cake" and this is it. But my birthday isn't for a few weeks, so I better try a couple of test runs to make sure I get it right....
  #463   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-14, 14:03
Clueless. ODAAT.

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 290.6/290.6/180 Female 5'10"
BF:I do not care!

Made this today...just as good as ever, Bawdy! I used 1/2 cup of Stevia in the Raw (allergic to sucralose) and the batter tasted great!
  #464   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-14, 18:21

BF:

I've made this with a crust of almond meal, crushed walnuts, butter and sweetener a couple of times - it is SO good! But I find the crust, even when pre-baked, doesn't have that toasted taste I'm looking for. I usually bake it for 15-20 mins. before adding the cheesecake batter and baking again. What DOES make it taste toasted is: I take a serving from the pan, slice off the crust, and microwave it on high for 30 seconds or so. Then I just add back the cheesecake and eat. It is SO good!
  #465   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-14, 04:33

BF:

Wow! That's way more thought than I've ever put into a crust! I really do prefer mine without.

Have I mentioned a variation where you take out a cup or so of batter, mix in sugar-free (or low sugar) orange marmalade, and then spread it on top before baking? Very refreshing.

Another I don't know as I've mentioned is simply to throw some chocolate chips into the batter. Not completely low-carb, but close.