Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#946   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-21, 05:51

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Trig- good to see your post! I love to read Vacay post from all of you! Kinda like taking us with you!
Bummer on the kid and her glasses. But I get it! I am lost without mine.
Yup today is going to be a STELLAR day outside! Enjoy it- Walmart or not- you got sunshine! Maybe you can look at tents while you are there. They do have a nice section of camping stuff.

Ya I get that your trip might seem a bit "off". Sometimes I think we get in a slight funk and not even realize it. It takes effort sometimes to actually relax........ At least for me. Sometimes the set up is there but I am not yet "ready". Weird that way!

Yay on boogie boarding. Do you have the jelly fish there? They are clearing up here. In Feb- they were "hatching" and littered the beach. I didn't see as many last trip. But still the jellies sorta scare me! I did learn that there are several different kinds of jelly fish. White "is right"/ Red your dead" - just a quick way to look and see if it is a clear one or has red in it. Red are the stingers.
Do you take vinegar with you? I am sure you do!

NIC- You know there is a YMCA a mile down the road from me. I bet they have swim work out swim classes too! I should check it out. There is a gym here but it is your typical apt type gym. A few treadmills and a few bikes and weights.
Add the fact it is always packed with young studs and studletts. No thank you- let me work out with the senior crew.

Pickle ball- I am tickled you love it so much. I know my knees would not be able to take it. I can't do the sideways move.
Enjoy it. Boy it is hotter there than here too!!!!!!!! But I bet it is not as humid.

Lori- How are you doing with your games this week? - Did you sleep well in that hot bedroom? I would be tempted to get a room AC unit for the window! I don't know how you do it! We would DIE here without AC. That is a true statement!
How is the dig coming along?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Nothing much going here.
Hot/ Humid- rinse- repeat.

I am not loving working until 530 everyday. By the time I then feed and walk the pup it is 6. I know that doesn't seem late but I get up at 530-600 am most mornings now that I am working, so I am tired and ready to just chill in the evening.
Maybe 15 years ago I would be ready to GO GO GO at 6 and see the entire evening as play time. But now I am clock watching until I can sleep! I am usually in bed these days about 930-10:00. I need my beauty rest! HAHAHA

Now the weekends are another story! I am so happy for a full 3 day weekend to have literally NOTHING planned except a beach day. NOTHING this next weekend!
The last 3 weekend have been jammed with activities- including that VAX. Urghhhhhhhh

speaking of VAX- they are saying that people might need a booster. I will not be one of those people. What I have ,I have! Truly I just don't think anybody knows.

I am waiting for this weekend. There is a movie I want to see. It has been a minute since I wanted to see a movie! The trailer looks pretty good. Tomorrow Wars..........
I also have HBO Max as part of the package I got and I need to get that set up too. I just have been sorta cruising to get by, but it's the little things still left from the move that need completed.
Hooking up my HBO is one of those things!

ok all have a good one! half way though this week!
Sponsored Links
  #947   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-21, 14:55

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori not bad on 5 min detour but like you, that 5 is annoying HA and I so get it Glad they stuck to their word and are wrapping up so fast...good deal on that not being mega drawn out construction.

Jazz, no jellys but yes we carry 'sting vinegar spray and a few bottles of it too' cause yes we got nailed a few times, not fun

sorry you hate your work hrs, I was like you, I was GO GO and then I flipped like a maniac to 'leave me the H alone' and I am still in the leave me alone zone now HA You are thinking further ahead towards retirement and you had fab 'real freedom' while you changed out jobs etc.........remember one thing, bank the hell out of your money and you can maybe end up working ONLY 6 mos of the year to pay for your whole year and take 6 off and get 'another job' cause girl you can land a paycheck anytime for any length of time....so you got alot of options, just take your time and play your cards!!

Hey Nicco, waiting on check in from ya

---------------so boring LONG day with this 'survival eyeglass trip'

hit breakfast out and golf carted down to restaurant...good omelet bacon and cheese

then back to get kid to go to craft fair.....very nice bought a bunch of things, not cheapy at all HA racked up a bill but got a nice (Jazz) Jellyfish handmade Xmas ornament kiddo loved...not bad for $15 and other stuff.

back to RV

walk dog

left for 1hr trip to walmart where the vision center treated us so nice. Kid got her lens into new frames that fit and they 'fixed her backup pair' and out the door for $75-------super cool and glad it was easy for her.

then another ---get this---$200 of CRAP hubby wanted and I have to say this 'cheapy type trip' is racking up ALOT

the home for hubby out to ACE to maybe buy new tent for camper...kill me

I am rumming it up right now cause I am SO OVER the foodie hubby who wants to eat eat eat and kid who won't walk dog and won't move LOL

I haven't eaten yet today and it is 5......they stopped for fast food on way back from wally world and I said nope...........starve before eating that crap again..........now I am boozin' up and will be a wild day HAHA

yes, my life is a wild ride when I make it that way

back later

''hubby wants''' chicken on the grill with onions, mushrooms, melted colby jack, bacon stacked and sides he will make he said, roasted taters I think....all I can do to even care about dinner or any food now....too much food around point blank but I HAVE to get over that cause other's love vacay food and I don't..........ugh, poor me but best pony up and let it wash over me.

ok done with chat...new rum drink needed LOL
  #948   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-21, 19:22

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

I'm here- will post tomorrow as I'm taking a down day. Too much running around today! Hugs to all.
  #949   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-21, 04:16

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Sitting here pouting because I can't have my morning coffee. I'm going for blood work this morning around 7, so have to wait until after that. It's been torture since I've been up since 4:30! Taking a day off golf today as it's supposed to rain on and off.

Trig.....Wow! You made out great at Walmart with the glasses! Good for you for saying no to the "junk" food, but you must have been starved until 5 o'clock. Hope you had something yummy for dinner.

Jaz.....Glad you have a nice long weekend to look forward to. Yeah, working till 5:30 every day doesn't leave much evening time. Just time enough to have dinner and then think about going to bed.

Nic.....

---------

Nothing much happening here today. I'll do some laundry and just putter around. We're hoping for some more rain today. We had a thunder storm last evening that gave us a little rain, but it is very dry here. Our power was out for about an hour due to the storm.

Well, just about time to go to the lab at the hospital for the blood letting. I have been really "loose" with my eating for quite a while, so kind of worried about some of my numbers. I have a Dr. appt. on July 12 to go over results. We'll see.

Later!
  #950   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-21, 05:59

BF:

Poof- It's gone. Took a LONG minute to load and then nothing. SIGHHHHHHHHHH- I spent an hour on it! Now I am in time crunch.

Had things to say!!!!!!!

Back later- Gotta plug into work now! - DANG IT! - I will be back.
  #951   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-21, 08:07

BF:

sorry jazz that stinks and my wifi is SO iffy it is driving me batty for sure.

-----------just a dot

all good....sun and gonna boogie board with kid soon, hubby fishing........and yes I got a rum drink in my hand already and I have a ribeye to eat in a bit....life is so far, so good LOL

be good everyone
  #952   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-21, 08:48

BF:

Howdy Ho, all!

Trig- If I could have given you my hot weather, you know I would have! It was actually horribly hot. I'm glad you got to enjoy the ocean and waves and boogie boarding though! I'd do that with you!

Glad DD got a pair of glasses that she likes. You really should have her check out Zenni when she gets home. I think that is what it is called. Super cheap glasses so she can have a couple of back up pairs she can switch out.

Sympathy on the endless food parade on vacay but I bet we were like that too, back in the day. I gotta say that chicken your Dh was wanting to do on the grill sounds so stinking good! I guess I'm a little hungry or just suggestible!

Lori- I'm glad all the work outside is finishing up. It doesn't seem like it was too bad, or else you just handled it really well.

How is Betty doing? Any further updates? Did she stabilize?

I hope your "blood letting" goes well!

Jaz- I'd definitely encourage you to try out the Y and see what you think. I love the Y. I go during the day and there are lots of older folks there.. I love older folks. Older folks and babies are my jam. I am lucky to get to know the nicest people there.

I can completely understand that by 5:30-6 PM you would be worn out and just want to curl up at home. I'm that way and I am not working like you are. I think you have dealt with so much recently with all the changes, losing Bella, new pup etc. that it is no wonder you are completely wiped out!

UGH I hate that you lost your post! I'm always sad when I miss out on what someone wanted to say.

Blue- girl it has been so long. Miss you.

•••••••••••••••••

The crazy heat here has finally broken, thankfully. Yesterday was insanely hot, with high humidity and 97 degrees. I went to the Farmer's Market and was literally sweating through my shirt in 10 minutes, no lie. It was horrendous. Today will only be 82, with strong storms and a flood warning in the afternoon. Then we will enjoy four days of cooler weather before the 90s come back again.

DS19 is having a ball on his trip, from what I can tell from a few pics I have seen. Very glad he is getting this opportunity.

Played pickleball for two hours yesterday and my knees were decidedly unhappy yesterday afternoon and last night. I think the fact that I did the weight machines on Wednesday really contributed to that, so I will back off that with my legs and only do upper body for the weights. Doing the swim exercise class tomorrow and for today will do a light walking video in the basement to be easy on my knees.

So, I kept this under my hat, but I did a no sugar (no sugar, no sugar subs, no natural flavorings, nothing!) and no flour (of any kind including nut flours etc) challenge for the past 30 days. Results were shocking- I lost 7.2 pounds from June 1 to July 1. That includes my trip to NYC! I'm continuing on for now bc I'm feeling good. The hardest part was giving up all sweetener in my single cup of coffee- you guys know I loved my chocolate collagen powder and sugar free sweetened creamer! Now I just do 2 TB heavy cream in a 14 ounce coffee and then the rest of the day water with a little lemon from time to time.

I've got a few things on my to-do list today and plan to enjoy a full-on "homey" day today, jammies and all!
  #953   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-21, 11:40

BF:

Nic !!!! Congrats on that huge loss! I am super impressed that you went no sugar/flour and no flavors of any kind. That is huge. I really need to do that to get myself back on track. I just "can't" do it during golf season. I just enjoy my couple lite beers while golfing SO much. I put can't in quotes, because of course I could do it......I just don't want to. Please share some of the staples of your diet during the month. I'm sure you feel awesome.

The blood letting went well once I got thru the registration process. Sheesh! The lab tech who drew the blood was SO good. I never even felt the needle go in....I'm serious......no pinch, nothing. I complimented her on her technique.

I came home and did my laundry and have been watching it rain most of the day. I hope the golf course is getting this rain...it really needed it. Planning to play every day starting tomorrow thru the weekend and Monday. Tuesday is a day off to get my hair cut/colored. I look like a fuzzy sheepdog.

Have a good one!
  #954   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-21, 05:50

BF:

Lets try this again!!!!

NIC- HUGE news on 7 down! I know that you know artificial sweeter still makes people fat because it still raises your blood sugar! That was my entire post from yesterday! So funny you came out with it too!

Yea so I was talking to this lady who could not get her blood sugar under control! High number and insulin dependent. So I was reviewing her diet with her and it came down to her having Diet Pepsi and toast every morning. It jack her up.
So I said- put an egg on the toast IF YOU MUST have toast and skip the soda and I guarantee your blood sugar will drop. It's the science.
It is stunning to me what people think is healthy that isn't. But then again there is SO SO SO much misinformation out there if medical professionals are confused I get that the general public is confused too!

CONGRATS on your 7 pounds down!!!!!!!!!! I am going to take your advice and check out the Y. It is 1.5 miles down the street. A east 4 minute drive. It is 2 stops lights up the street. It's a big one too! I bet I would like it more than the "kids" gym here at the apt!
I am like you- I prefer the senior crowd than a bunch of rowdy 20-30 group.

I think the weather is crazy! To have it hotter up north than here is so odd!!!!! But let me tell you the biting bugs are out in swarms! URGHHHHHH- I hate getting chewed stepping outside for 5 minutes.

Lori- yay on having a day to putter!!!!! I can't wait for mine! I still get up early like you- puppy needs to go out. But he LOVES to nap! HAHAHAHAH

Hope the course is not to squishy this morning! Sounds like your holiday weekend is spoken for!
I am sorta surprised the grandkids are stopping by.

Trig- I wrote a book that went poof yesterday. MEH- oh well. I will sum it to say that people do love to spend a few $$$ on vacay. Plus you needed a new tent anyway since Mother Nature ate your old one!
I think the eats on the grill sound fabulous!
Are you seeing any jellies? I know you said you have the vinegar spray. Just wondering what you are seeing on the beach!
Are you there till Monday? What is your campsite like? I know you have it down......but curious how long it takes you all to unpack / and pack up?
--------------------------------------------------
I am counting the hours! I was ask if I wanted to work OT tomorrow! I considered it for about a minute! NOT NOT NOT!

I don't care if it is raining and I am staring at TV I am not working on the holiday weekend. I NEED some down time.

I am going to think about a menu for this weekend. I have all my kitchen toys now. I can cook. I know ribs will hit the menu for one night! I wish I didn't need to make an entire rack because I am not big into freezing meat and then reheating it. I like my meat fresh. - So yes I end up tossing.

Ohhhhhh....... So when I was in Atlanta- I stopped in the big liquor warehouse to "browse" ........ Anyway to get to the point. It has been on my bucket list to make a true lemon Cello with high end vodka. I even have tried the Myer lemon on water and LOVE it. It is SO special. Anyway. I sat a lemon cello infused hand batch made vodka. So ya I picked it up and brought it home.
Lacroix makes a great lemon cello ZERO carb/ no sweetener sparkling water.
Do you see where I am going with this? SO........... I was thinking a refreshing cello shot over ice and topped with sparking water for fizz. THAT is on the menu for sure! ZERO carb to boot! A special summer drink for sure!

I am so motivated to keep going with my 10 down to keep it going!
So ya like NIC- you find something that works and run with it.

Ok- the count down is on!!!! time to take pooch out and pour another cup and plug in!

Back at ya in a bit!
  #955   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-21, 08:06

BF:

Nicco super cool on your no sugar and you being sneaky quiet on it and down that big 7! Love it. I tell ya, sugar is the evil factor in all our lives Super happy for you!!

yea with weights and workouts and PB and more, something is gonna hurt on ya HAHA but take it easy on those joints!

Jazz quite the hall and yes hold your lbs down.....see above to Nicco....sugar is our enemy and if we hold, always hold, super LC then we do well....keep on trucking!

Lori, hope you get a good cut and color and no sheepdog happening cause I get 'super fuzzy' in salt air and I look like a shaggy blond mop and crazy person, but I pass here cause everyone looks like this LOL

---------holding plan doing well and big storm for morning now is off til later tonight so got a good day. off to beach in a while. cooking sausage now and buying rack of ribs for tonight....yum, local Briny Swine bbq seems good, will eat it and give you guys a report

ALL night coast guard.....2 big spot lights....up and down beach lighting up our camper even.....boating accident, searching for 'bodies' and OMG I AM freaking out to swim today....ya know....I can't go there.....boogie board into a body, geez louise

all fine....rum drink in hand and yes this early and no bloaty and feeling good actually....not eating alot but eating on plan and good........could I lose a lb when I get home? be darn nice HAHA

over and out
  #956   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-21, 12:10

BF:

Good afternoon!

Back from my best round of golf ever!! Scored 88 when I usually score mid to high 90's. Woohoo!! These are the days that keep you coming back. I hope I have the same swing tomorrow as I'm playing in a partner tournament.

I looked up my blood test results on line and am very happy with them and think the Dr. will be too. He has been fussing lately about my LDL even though my HDL and Trig are always great. Anyway, LDL is down to 117, HDL is 130. Trig. are 50. Total Chol is 235, but I attribute that to my high HDL. Whatever, I think they are good #s. My Glucose was 101, which does not make me happy, but it's not bad. When I did a finger stick test yesterday morning it was 73. All good. I'd like to drop at least 5 lbs in the 10 days till my Dr. appt. That will put me a little under what I was the last time I had an appt. with him.

Jaz.....enjoy that weekend of down time and cooking. That drink you were describing sounds SO good!

Trig....How awful about the boat accident and the CG out looking for bodies. Ugh.

Nic....What are you up to this weekend?

--------

That's it from here. Road still closed as they weren't able to pave today because of all the rain yesterday. No big deal except for not being able to get mail delivered. I cancelled my Freshly box for next week since I don't know when the road will be open and don't want my food box sitting in the Post Office waiting for me to pick it up. That's 3 weeks in a row I've had to skip my Freshly box. Oh well. It'll be a good time for me to stick to meat, meat and more meat. I think I could live on ground beef & eggs. That'll help peel some pounds off before my Dr. appt. on July 12.

Have a good weekend!
  #957   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-21, 20:16

BF:

Hi everyone, coming back from a potluck. Will write a lengthier update tomorrow. My Mom did call and say her husband was just admitted to the hospital and has a twisted colon and will be having surgery. She's there with them. Hopefully that goes smoothly. Poor dude, his birthday is tomorrow. What a way to have a birthday!
  #958   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-21, 06:20

BF:

Nicco so sorry on medical for him! twisted gut, MIL had an issue like that, it was 'an ordeal' but we do get thru it and they recover ok so sending BIG HEAL vibes to him for you guys!!! In my prayers!

Lori....super cool...you great golfer you yea rain no pave but you will have your road back soon, better than before Hope your cut/color came out great, must have cause no concerns written LOL

Hey Jazz!!!!

OS FOR ME: Big nice motorhome comes in last night next to us as good quiet neighbors left....omg....big 8 person tent set up and f'ing up our parking, then 2 shade tents, like 12x12s, then big screen tent over picnic table, then tables, chairs, skateboards, bikes, kiddie swim pool, rafts too many to say and then fish rods and now they even got 'crap flying around' with bags coming my way and towels flying here and then....omg Beverly Hillbillies have arrived! And like 20 people between 2 sites....kill me but they are super nice but darn too much activity for me LOL

then they lost power last night and kids were irked and everyone trying to sleep in the other rv.

fixed today and THEN when fixed, I LOST my power....omg then I had to get it handled.

I tell ya....too funny....hey I can say Bev Hillbilly cause I am one of them too LOL

sun with big looming storms but darn COLD compared to real summer for me at the beach....gonna book Aug next year for the 100 deg weather vs. this colder weather for sure.

ok over and out
ribs tonight....last night was a screw up so food will be good today
rumming out....
  #959   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-21, 12:01

BF:

Jaz- do check out the Y. There is so much to do there. Something for everyone.

I hope you enjoy your long weekend. You've worked hard and deserve it!

Lori- How is the cut and color? Really good news about your blood work. Well done!!

Trig-Hope your life is good at the beach in a slow rum haze! I can be really nosy so I would totally be pretending to read or sleep while watching everyone and everything over on the other camp site!

•••••••••

Things are good here. Did the potluck/cookout last night with friends- we had husbands come too so it was fun. There were 9 of us. I brought a caprese salad I tossed together and some mixed berries (strawberries and blueberries) so I was covered as far as a side and "dessert" goes. I keep fruit limited and portions very low so I have no concerns about that at all. Fruit is not a trigger for me at all.

I had a bunless cheeseburger and one chicken kebab, and about a half cup of caprese salad. I took a bottle of Sauvignon blanc and had a little bit of that and otherwise water.

Apparently my Mom's husband's surgery isn't until tomorrow so it must not be too much of an emergency, right? They are keeping him in the hospital though.

Next week will be busy in the latter half of the week with family coming in to visit. I'll be cooking dinner for 12, and one night for 14. Breakfast and lunches all be on each person to get for themselves, and also snacks. I'm planning to do easy things like pulled pork, taco bar, grilled balsamic chicken and something else which has slipped my mind at the moment.
  #960   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-21, 12:44

BF:

Good Afternoon!

Home from the golf tournament. We had fun and I even won $15 in the 50/50 drawing! I'm in the money now! We did have a downpour of rain and had to wait under some trees until that passed by. All good. Drank 1 too many beers and am feeling sluggish now.

Hair cut/color is not until Tuesday. I'm sure it'll be fine. It'll just be my standard color and just a trim.

Trig.....sorry about the "tribe" moving in next door. Hope they don't ruin the remainder of your trip.

Nic.....Hope Mom's husband comes thru the surgery ok. Always a worry. It sounds like you're right on track with your eating.

Jaz....Are you enjoying your Saturday?

Not much going on the rest of today. I'm tired and not wanting to do anything, including thinking about dinner. I'll have to come up with something for DH later.

Time for a nap.