Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#886   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-21, 17:29

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

soooo sorry- I am sticking down a dot. I am so so so tire.... this boy is a total baby- I am wiped.

Back tomorrow with updates and personals. Want to go t bed- only 730.....hahahahah

Updates- learned to go down steps/ first bath due to rolling- and worked a full time......... 3 30 minute walks and more potty breaks.
Hotter than hades here and just dam tired.

Till tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
  #887   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-21, 18:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- CONGRATS on five pounds down and more to come I'm sure, with taking the pup out so often and the walks and so forth. I think Ruger will be instrumental in your weight loss!

Lori- hugs on your hip. Any chance it is mattress related?
Glad DH's procedure went well and hopefully will bring good results.
Yay for lots of upcoming golf!

Trig- Heck yeah at 93 your Mom can eat whatever she wants for sure! I am just amazed at how well she does. You come by it naturally!

••••••

Not too much to report here. Did a deep clean of the upstairs bathroom (master) and dusted and vacuumed all the bedrooms upstairs. Tomorrow I will tackle the kitchen and vacuum the main level, dust etc.

I think the cicadas might be lessening in our area. I went out and poop scooped and it was bad but not horrible. Fingers crossed. I REALLY want to be able to spend time outside again!

That's pretty much it. I'm a little boring right now!
  #888   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-21, 04:31

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Just about time for me to get ready to head to the golf course. My friend has decided not to play, so I'm going to play solo today. I really don't mind it......I'll get lots of good practice in. It's cool this morning, but the sun is shining & it'll get nice in a hurry.

We had a nice time with our friends last night and they loved my strawberry shortcake. We sat on our front porch for a couple hours and talked and talked. They are going to have us to their place sometime soon and will put a brisket on the smoker...sounds good to me! They have an outdoor fireplace and seating area that will be a great place to spend some time.

Well.....gotta run. I'll check in on you all later.
  #889   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-21, 05:43

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

dot down

taking mom home in a while later so back to chat up then

be good everyone!
  #890   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-21, 18:39

BF:

Soooooosorry- dot down for me too- I am hopeful things settle tomorrow! Wild and crazy day. Between getting up at 430 for a pup that truly woke me up because he really had to go.

Then I could not sleep - I had to get up at 6- was at the vet at 8= meaning left at 730. CRAZY.

Today was not the best day with me and pup. He is pushing to see what his limits are. I am worn out! Not a minute of peace! I am watching every video on puppy training!!!!! I need to get his to STOP lunging and biting. But then again he is just a BABY. I have to consciously make that leap he just doesn't know........ I need to teach him............. I forgot Bella was a HANDFUL as a new puppy.

My mother is starting up about holidays and I am eye rolling to the hilt.
I wish the relationship was a healthy one. I will leave it at that.

I get my 2nd shot on Friday and just dreading it......

PERSONALS in tomorrow- promise-

DOWN 9 pounds. That should let you know just how hectic my last few days have been. ZOMBIE- feeding just enough to survive.

I am a new mommy......... Packing my patience..............

also he had a vet appointment at 8- for another set of puppy shots................ another day down.

Tomorrow new day
  #891   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-21, 03:33

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....You sure do have your hands full with that new baby. He looks like he'll require a lot of exercise and attention. Looks like he's going to be a big guy. Good luck!

Trig......hope you got Mom home without incident. Do I remember correctly that she lives about an hour from you? Or is it further?

Nic....How is your week going? Are those nasty cicadas nearly over? Ugh.

Blue......

---------

I had fun playing golf alone yesterday. Had a really good score! I played the front 9 in an hour, but then got behind some old farts on the back 9 and had to wait A LOT. Sigh.......It was a nice day, so I didn't mind too much.

My friend bailed again today, so I'm playing with the ladies group. It'll be fine and could be fun..depending on who I get paired with. I'll make the best of whatever the situation.

Have a good one!
  #892   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-21, 06:15

BF:

Good Morning-
I am sorta feeling a bit out of the loop! But I went back and re-read and it seems everyone is doing just fine!

NIC- Are you using your pool yet? Are those nasty bugs gone yet! ICKKKKKK Whats up in your end of the world! I know you are trip prepping! I bet you are feeling life is pretty much back to "normal". Do you feel that way because you are fully vaccinated?

It will be VERY interesting to see what the fall brings! OMG speaking of Fall- Savannah is going to be just BEAUTIFUL that time of year. JUST GRAND!
AND- I was sorta worried I would not be able to keep up with you all because truth be told I stopping walking alot when Bella got sick. Then I just didn't want to!
Now I am all over the place!!!! HAHAHAHAH- ENDLESS walking.

Trig- I think it's totally cool you still have lunch dates with your momma! How is she doing? Does the kiddo go with you?

Are you using your pool? It is SO SO HOT HOT here. OMG I am a sweaty mess at the end of the day. I have just stopped wearing makeup. It just smears off with sweat. - FRESH FACE! HAHA

You said you are prepping the RV- going anywhere?!- Wait- you did say you were going somewhere and my brain fog is not pulling it up. HAHAH

Lori- I know you are playing your game. Have you ever though about a competition game like a tournament? I bet you would do well!!!!
Do you watch it on TV too???
-------------------------------------------------
I am down 10 pounds and not in a great way! I know that most of it is fluid. I have been outside ALOT and just sweating pounds of sweat.
Add that to not eating much. I truly forgot the amount of TIME and ENERGY of a puppy. Holy cow! I have done the math and he will be the last puppy for me. I already feel to old to be bounding up and down these 3 flights of stairs 10 times a day!
Even without the steps - I am watching him EVERY minute!

Today seems to be a better day. I have removed SOME of the barriers I was putting between me and him. I think he was anxious yesterday and that made me anxious and that was not a good mix.
So I am giving him access to me on the couch AFTER he has done business as a reward and he is loving it, knocking on wood!
Day by day for a few months. He has learned : COME, GOOD BOY, and NO.

Today I am going to eat. It will be ribs too!!!!! Cutting back a bit on red meat- heavy, and swapping to leaner meats and adding some really high end oil.

Time to prep ribs and plug in. I know I have a cake job- I do. It is becoming boring. I am grateful for it though- puts a puppy in my life and high end food and a roof over my head. It is just not super flexible. Even though it is a work from home I got a wrist slap for taking my LUNCH hour to leave and go get the pooch from the vet. I was told if I was in a hospital I would not be allowed to leave and they look at my office as the same way! NOT cool. insert eye roll...............

OK- gotta run......... or sit for a few hours and adjust my tude.

hahah
  #893   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-21, 06:19

BF:

Nicco nothing wrong with a little boring don't worry alot of your days will pack up again and you will be running ragged, well, I hope not tho!

Jazz super congrats on 9 down....keep on going girl!
puppies...yea they are puppies HAHA don't worry, a bit of time and they calm down. Enjoy the puppy stage cause they get out of it quick.

Lori, wow your friend cancelled again on ya?
just get out and enjoy your day with the group!! Any golf day is a good one for you.

Yea mom's house is like 45 without traffic, 1 hr drive with the darn ol' farmers driving their old farm trucks at 35mph or getting behind tractors out on the road, they slow traffic alot LOL around here we are in full hay making mode and alot more tractors/balers out on the roads hitting their fields.

-----------------all good here
8 days to vacay at beach. omgosh I can't wait.

slowly getting camper ready now and will be getting food handled etc.

I just want out of here! Come on!!!!!

over and out and have a fab day all
  #894   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-21, 11:46

BF:

Back from golf and showered and collapsed in my chair. I did something to my bad shoulder and it is hurting more than it has in a LONG time. I really don't know what I did to it. It's not the golf swing, as that doesn't hurt. I think maybe when I lifted my golf bag out of the car this morning....? Who knows. After my shower I put some CBD sports cream on it.....It is mint scented and smells like Ben Gay. It does feel good though.....sort of cool and hot at the same time. My shoulder likes it. I'll use it again at bedtime and fingers crossed that it will be better till morning.

Well, the construction project on our road starts on Monday. It was supposed to be a 4 day thing over a weekend, but now it is a 7 day thing......ugh. I have ear plugs and hope they help. It would be nice if we can get a few hours sleep at night. Plus....all the dirt they kick up will send dust spewing thru our house. We have to have our bedroom window open or we will suffocate. I can only imagine the dust. Oh well.......we'll get thru it one way or the other. We've had several friends and family offer to let us stay at their homes while it's going on, but we're going to try to stick it out. I have to be here for Gabby....she'll be a basket case and I wouldn't want to let her here alone.

Ok.....easy dinner tonight....hamburgers and some sort of sides for DH. Have a good night!
  #895   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-21, 12:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Oh no! Lori, I am sorry to hear that your shoulder is sore. I hope that it is a momentary thing and resolves over the course of the day.

I'm glad you had such a good time with friends yesterday!

Jaz- the biting, lunging, chewing on everything etc etc is all part of puppyhood and that is one tough gig! The rewards are huge on the other side but girl, I feel ya. The exhaustion level is real. It is as hard as having a newborn PLUS there are no diapers AND they don't stay where you left them like newborns do.. so it is probably actually even harder!

Ten pounds down is incredible! Having Ruger is doing great things for you weight wise!

Trig- Yay for beach vacay coming up fast! Is DD coming this time around or is she holding down the fort again?

Blue, we'd love a check in sometime! It has been a lot of days!

••••••••••••

Leaving in half an hour for the train station to head off to NYC. DS19 is driving me there. It'll be about three hours on the train and I'll get in at dinnertime. Looking forward to spending time with my friend.

Yesterday was HORRIBLE. I made a homemade broccoli and cheese soup that is LC, and I have made it before. But I've been much stricter lately with what I have been eating and this soup (a cup and a half, at noon) made me SO SICK. I had a stomach ache until 9 PM and it was pretty darn severe for a while there. I don't know if it was the broccoli, or that the soup had a good bit of dairy in it and I have really cut that back, or what. I mean, I still do cream in my coffee daily but if I use cheese at all it is more like a garnish. Then again, sometime broccoli and lettuce etc do fine for me and sometimes not. Anyway, I was one very sad pup yesterday and pretty much did a not-even-water fast from noon until 9 AM today. Feeling much better but not 100%.

Father's Day plans- Coming back Saturday night so I can fix DH breakfast in bed on Sunday morning. Then we are going to go see In The Heights with DD and SoIL at 2 and have 'dinner' reservations for 4:45. DH is pretty excited about his day, plus he is doing a poker tourney on Saturday.

Ds22 is staying in NC an extra week with his fiancee. They are realizing that once he moves up to NYC in a month they will hardly see each other for the next year so they are kind of struggling with that.
  #896   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-21, 03:29

BF:

Good Morning!

Another day on the course. Later start today by about an hour. My shoulder is still a bit sore, but better than yesterday afternoon. We'll see how it is after golf today. I think I'll take some Advil before heading out....maybe that will dull it a bit. I'm too stubborn to take a day off when the sun is shining!

Jaz.......Sorry your job is becoming boring, but glad that it is not constant stress too. Maybe it'll settle in to a happy medium? Oh yeah...puppy biting and jumping is a thing. Those little teeth are sharp, aren't they?

Trig.....Another beach trip coming soon?! YAY! You'll be in your happy place. Is it a campground where you've been before, or a new place?

Nic.....Have a great time in NYC! Hope your tummy trouble has resolved and that you'll be able to enjoy some good food over the weekend.

-------------

It's a chilly morning again......52 degrees right now just before sunrise. Supposed to get up to 80 today.....perfect.

Another cup of coffee coming my way. Have a beautiful day!

EDITED: Home from the golf course and sipping some iced coffee that I brewed in the fridge. Yum! My friend didn't think we were playing today, so didn't show up. I called her a few minutes before tee time and she said she'd hurry and get ready and meet me at the turn. She did and we played the last 9 holes together. I need to start checking in with her the night before.

Shoulder appears to be good. Between the Blue Emu cream and 3 Advil, I'm feeling no pain.......oh and 2 beers too!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, Jun-18-21 at 11:13.
  #897   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-21, 17:04

BF:

NIC- So sorry you were feeling PUNK! Hopefully you are feeling better!!!!!! Daily- you all know messes with me.....
Safe travels and ENJOY your time! Ahwwww so sweet to give hubby breakfast in bed. WINK WINK....... Dessert with that breakfast???

Lori- I am so enjoying reading about how much you love your game. I enjoy hearing about your day! Sounds so relaxing and workout at the same time.

Trig- - yay oh yay on up coming trip!!!!!!!
Hope you are rolling and doing your thing!!!!!
------------------------------------
Not much to share. Got up at 4 am to a puking pup????? Nothing like THAT sound to jerk you awake.
HE did it twice and then was fine rest of day. No issues. I changed up his foods per the VETS recommendation. So not surprises.

Another accident free day. - He even went and stood by the door - GOOD boy and went 1&2 . Really at 12 weeks he STOOD by the door?????

I am so tired after getting up so early. Then had to work all day. Then got my 2nd shot at 2. Waiting ....... just waiting for the other show of side effects................. Praying I don't get any..........
Ready for bed......... only 7. Planning to lay low this weekend. Not much of anything planned. Hope to get back to square in a few days!

Today WOE- not so much- hoping to keep at least the 8 pounds down.
Have a great weekend.
  #898   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-21, 04:40

BF:

good morning-
Will wait for rest of you slackers- - gotta charge this this up anyway- back in a bit- first cup of coffee.
  #899   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-21, 05:01

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....Look at you....you early bird! Did someone get you up early?

I stayed in bed till 5:30. I didn't have an early wake up call this morning since Gabby was outside. It was very warm overnight and she loves being out prowling around. She came in for breakfast and now has been in and out about 3 times.

I have to be at the golf course at 8 this morning. There are only 2 of us this morning and they may pair us with 2 others. We don't like that, but that's sort of the normal thing for courses to do when they're busy. Not a problem as we'll just split apart after the first tee shot and my friend and I can do our own thing.

It's going to be a hot, sticky day. The humidity is way up. Summertime!

Have good days!
  #900   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-21, 05:37

BF:

Lori I want your hot day. We are cloudy and more chilly here. WTH? I am the one in the southeast and my weather is worse than you guys more up there LOL

Enjoy your golf!! Glad your shoulder etc is coming around and ya feel better.

Your kitty knows.....knows that work is outside, that bridge contstruction is getting started soon and probably has alot of activity.....cats don't like anyone around them that is different mostly....I know my cats never liked it, THEY KNOW LOL They know alot

Jazz, puking dog? hasn't he been on the same food? be careful on ANY plush toys. with teething puppy issues they can eat the fabric and digest.....I know my PIA Bolt ate many fabric toys. I won't allow him anything like that after I saw him eat off the ear from a bunny soft toy and swallow it, and then he ate the black fuzzy eyeball off a duck toy he loved...nope, over and out on that soft stuff for him. luckily it came out the back end, ya, I had to wait for it but I watched LOL and never gave him another. So maybe he got into something off the ground? But heck we all get wonky sometimes

Nicco....tell us about your tons of fun in NYC!

-------So nothing new
hubby off to work his day at car place

I am goofing off/working rv/dealing pool etc.

Didn't know but hubby told my neighbor he could hay my big horse pasture. WTH? Since we sold the hay equip and big tractors it got so tall and out of control almost so he wanted the neighbor to hay it for us but didn't tell me....ugh. Not a fan of being surprised the guy was out there cutting my grass and baling etc. He did get many round bales which is good I guess.....anyway, hate not knowing. Told hubby not to do that again. I like the field is cut and controlled, that helps but geez.....if I knew he wanted to give this hay away I would have called Barb and send it her way. Probably got about $600 in bales off of it. Oh well.....

eating pork tenderloin later and whatever. holding zc very well.

weather sucks rocks tho. June 19 and literally it feels like early spring around here.........this is BS to the ultimate HAHA

Can only hope beach weather if better when we head out........I AM super anxious to go.

picking up mom tomorrow and bring her here for a few days to give break before we leave. no biggie, usual visit type thing.

over and out and be good all