Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 11:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/148/134 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%
Unhappy frustrated!!!!!!!!!Now fat fast!!!!!

I started this diet January 8th 2003. Todate I may have lost 2 lbs depending on the day! I have followed this diet as written and "tweeking" every aspect of what I'm eating through suggestions on this forum. I'm on no meds, no caff, next to no aspertame. I did this diet 4-5 years ago and had no problems. The keto stiks are saying trace to small every day so I'm burning fat!!!Right!!?????? Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Very Little inches lost also.
I am now desperate. 6 weeks and no weight loss even during induction. Also I've taken my temp in the am before getting out of bed and it does not indicate a low thyroid.
Whew....so now I'm going to try the fat fast.
Has anyone experienced the same horrible results?
Has anyone done the fat fast sucessfully?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 11:40
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

I'm with you, also considering doing Fat Fast next week. I've been doing this diet for about 4 weeks, but didn't do induction properly first time (had wine) this time I'm doing everything to the letter, I take 1 med but it shouldn't affect the diet. I have even given up my diet drinks, coffee, am avoiding cheese, even mushrooms the last few days, anything that could possibly interfere with any possible sensitivity and it looks like - (like you depending on the day) between .5 - 2.5 at the most. I am totally p'd off but not going to give up, I mean I have no choice, I have to lose weight before spring/summer but I need more drastic measures

#3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 12:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, CKD
Stats: 190/155/145
BF:
Progress: 78%

Do you guys exercise?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 12:56

Stats: 230/181/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 58%

I feel the same way, disappointed, but I'm going to stick to it. This is my 4th week of induction, the first two weeks I lost 10lbs and was extremely excited. Last week I lost 1 pound and I am still without weight loss this week. I read all the success stories and desperatley want to be one. I have been faithful to less than 20 carsbs a day. I test every morning to find that I am in ketsois, but no significant weight loss, or inches lost.

Any suggestions or inspiration would be wonderful.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 22:43
Stepford Malfunction

Hi Wesley 101

I exercise, do a Curves for Women Workout 4-5 times a week, use a FasTrack walking machine thingy almost every day, and will be getting back into doing some freeweights and using a small home gym type machine. When weather warms up I walk/trot 3 miles at least 3 miles a day and do a lot of outdoor work.

#6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 23:29
Registered Member

Plan: general low carbs/atkins/
Stats: 167/152/139 Female 5'8''
BF:I'm/fat/again
Progress: 54%

Does "following the diet to the T" also mean that you've been cautious with your portions? What TYPE of food are you eating?? If your eating cheese burgers at McD's thats a totally different story that eating small portions of say salmon....

Do you exercise? Too much too little?

and I HATE to be a devils advocate but the thing that really broke my stall was a nice healthy good ol' BING. I didnt liek eat until i threw up but i went off the diet, ate cookies, and CRAP, not huge portions, so i didnt gain weight in the 3 day period, but it ws enough to scare the crap out of my body when i reaped all the carbs out of my diet again. I dunno, its not the most kosher of advice but it worked for me...and it has to be in a controlled state of mind, not self punishment or loathing.

LEmme know what your status is according to the Qs i asked up there.....

Good Luck!

Jenn
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 01:44

Stats: 137/115/110 Female 5'1"
BF:27%/20%/17%?
Progress: 81%

I went on Atkins Fat Fast after I lost only 2.6 pounds my first 3 1/2 weeks on Induction and was starting to lose motivation. Psychologically, I needed to lose at least five pounds in order to believe that this WOE was going to work.

I did 5-6 days on the 1000 calorie version, and one week on the 1200 calorie version (Modified Fat Fast). Over the two weeks, I lost six pounds, enough to motivate me to continue, so I went back to Induction...which now seems luxurious in comparison!.

I've still only lost a total of 8.6 pounds in seven weeks, which isn't much compared to some stories I've heard, but I've broken through my psychological barrier and I'm totally motivated again.

Plus, Induction seems like a piece of [sugar-free] cake after two weeks of Fat Fasting!

Also, the Fat Fasts helped wean me off of Atkins bars & shakes, which I think were slowing me down.

OpheliaNW
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 05:39
Stepford Malfunction

Ophelia,

Your stats and results sound a lot like mine, thanks for giving me some hope. This morning on day 13 of induction I appear to the same weight as day 1 and thinking all the more about fat fasting.

thanks again

#9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 06:12
Registered Member

BF:
Default first day of fat fast

thanks for all the advice. TodayI will begin my fat fast. Will keep you posted!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 09:30

Stats: 230/181/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 58%

JmakeupLC,

These are typical meals for me....

Breakfast 2 scrambles eggs w/cheese or
tuna w/mayo

Lunch: salad (lettuce w/cheese & almond slivers) and
Hidden Valley Ranch dressing

Dinner: Chicken, cheeseburger w/o bun, or any meat
I make my family for dinner then a small salad
or if they eat pasta, I will make eggs and sauage for
myself.

I am wondering if maybe I am eating too much cheese, or if the salad dressing is bringing me down.

I do have to get off my lazy butt and start exercising. I have been doing some treadmill work, but not consistant like I need to be.

I am also drinking tons of water.

I am hoping that maybe I'll get a breakthrough and the weight will start coming off again.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 09:50

Plan: Modified SB...switched from Atkins
Stats: 150/145/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Day 2 of the fat fast

Hi Koko, milmndude....everyone.

Ive been sharing the same frustrations and started a fat fast yesterday and I am down 2 pounds today.

Great post Ophelia...Im hoping that I break the same psychological barrier ...and I even said to myself that induction should be smooth sailing after this fat fast. I really identified with what you said...congrats on those 8.6 pounds.

I've been doing Atkins for a lil over 2 weeks now...did induction perfectly for the first 10 days...then slipped over my carb allotment by venturing out too soon with some of the wonderful recipes on this site grrrrr ~ me. (had two days at 25 carbs) I lost 6 pounds then gained 3 of them back, and have been stalled for a week. I know that this is being impatient and my stall is small compared to those plateaued for weeks on end, but I have been stuck at this 147-150 range for months (on low-fat, low-calorie and exercising 1000+ minutes a month for the last 3 months straight.)

I really need to see the scale move under 145 again to break my "psychological barrier" I need to see some new lower permanent numbers.

I plan on staying on the FF for 5 days, going on Induction for 10, cycle back on FF for another 5 days, Induction for 10...and then go on to OWL.

Wish me luck and I will all of you that are doing the FF. Good luck on your first day milmndude(military minnesota dude? just taking a stab, milm n dude? lol)...hope you get results.

BB

Last edited by butrf1yb1u : Fri, Feb-21-03 at 09:57.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 09:23

Plan: Modified SB...switched from Atkins
Stats: 150/145/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Update

Hi milmndude,

Are you still around? How's the FF going for you? How was your first day?

Im on Day 3 of my Fat Fast Experiment....lost 3 pounds so far, feeling great, just thought Id update anyone who may be interested.

Love, laughter n success,
BB.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 10:29
Stepford Malfunction

Way to fly flutterbye
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 10:57
Registered Member

BF:
Default after day 1 of fat fast

Well I've done my first day. A test that is for sure. I found I was hungry and had a headache. When I weighed myself first thing this am it said I was down 3.4 lbs....but now it is more like 1/2 lb. Not really sure why that would be. What is everyone eating for their 200 cal meals. I am pretty much sticking to eggs with mayo. Macadamia nuts and cream cheese. I think I'll go crazy just eating that for 4-5 days. I will stick to it though as the induction alone didn't work for me. It is great to hear others are loosing on this fat fast. Keep me posted and I'll do the same.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 11:43
Stepford Malfunction

You probably went from the 3.4 loss because of drinking water or holding fluid because of some salt from the nuts or cream cheese. It just goes like that, so don't be discouraged.