Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 19:36
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%
Default Post-a-meal!

I'm always looking for ideas of meals to eat...post some of your best meals here and help me out! Breakfast is the hardest for me. Amounts aren't neccessary, we can adjust them for our own needs. Here's a few of mine:

B: Scrambled eggs, turkey sausage links, black bean & corn salsa, LC toast (grilled in a little olive oil).

L: Shrimp or chicken, seasoned w/ blackening seasoning, sauteed in a little olive oil, romaine/spinach salad with cilantro, orange sections, blue cheese vinaigrette, wasa crackers.

L: Leftover chicken, beef, or pork, thinly sliced & warmed, on a warm tortilla with sour cream, cilantro and salsa, side of coleslaw

D: Grilled shrimp, lemon/oregano dressing poured over, served over pasta, broiled tomato, steamed brocoli with butter
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-05, 12:54
Registered Member

Plan: 6-12-12
Stats: 184.5/175/120 Female 5 feet
BF:way too much!
Progress: 15%

Quickies:

1.Sunny side up eggs with tobasco sauce. Cup of frozen veggies w/sauce (green giant) on the side. Or throw some spinich leaves in your omlet.

2. Salmon patty-nuke for two minutes, spread some mayo and paprika on top, on whole wheat. (I buy a large piece of salmon and precut patties to the size I like and freeze them, individually.)

3. Chicken patty, pound flat and LIGHTLY dredge in flour, season, and sautee in olive oil. Flavor with lemon or any spice you like. Pounding is the secret to a tender piece of chicken. Dont overcook. Also can be shreaded for salads, prepare a few in advance for snack meals.

mock pastry: blenderize cottage cheese, add splenda, spread on toast. Add a dab of low sugar preserves.

I hate to cook, so I love quickie ideas. Anybody else got any?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 15:22

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Here's a typical menu from this week (my first week on SPP). I go my mini-meals so they're just numbered:

#1: 2 eggs with veggies (raw or cooked in an omelet), slice of organic whole grain bread with a little organic PB, decaf green tea OR 1/2 cup organic cottage cheese with fruit and a tbsp or two of chopped nuts (The second is my quickie meal when I have to be at school at 6 a.m.)
#2: Tuna or salmon salad (tuna/salmon, veggies, canola oil mayo, a little balsamic vinegar for "zip"), rice crackers (the vegetable flavored ones are awsome ) or 2 corn tortillas or 1 slice bread
#3: cauliflower rice (cauli, veggies), 3 oz tofu, 1/3 cup corn or peas, soy sauce , fruit
#4: salad with vinigrette adn 1/4 cup crumbled feta and 1/3 cup kidney or black beans (I don't buy the canned - just make my own)
#5: a carbier version of the 3 minute chocolate cake - I use almond flour, buckwheat flour or wheat germ, egg, coconut oil, organic whole milk, a mix of stevia and xylitol

I'm in maintenance so my goal is to keep my weight as it is right now. I know I probably gained a little this week because I was 3 days high carb before I started SPP. I don't think I gained too much from SPP, although I'm expecting it'll be hit and miss the first month or so until I get used to the added carbs.

However, adding the good carbs to my meals has not been triggering cravings and I don't feel like I'm getting carb "hangovers" so I must be doing something right .

Tam
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-05, 00:08

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 322/240/140 Female 5'6''
BF:I have no idea
Progress: 45%
Cool

B) Omlette with homemade turkey sausage and asparagus with brown rice.

B) HB eggs, steel cut oatmeal with butter and stevia,

L) Tuna, mayo, celery, small or 1/2 apple some carrots on the side.

L) Hamburger, coleslaw with vinagrette dressing, corn with butter

D) Chicken Stir-fry with 4 oz chicken, two cups of vegies, and black beans

D) Chicken Breast, cauliflower with butter, salad with vinigrette, cooked tomato sauce for chicken.

S) Strawberries and cottage cheese with a celery stick with cream cheese

S) String cheese and popcorn with butter, carrot.

Marty

Last edited by toopoles : Fri, Sep-02-05 at 00:14.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 23:20
Registered Member

Plan: 6-12-12
Stats: 184.5/175/120 Female 5 feet
BF:way too much!
Progress: 15%

I posted this on another thread, but what the heck....

Flaxmeal Cinnamon Muffins

3 Eggs
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup sugar free syrup, such as DaVinci--I use Vanilla
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cinnamon

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. With a fork or spoon,
beat in oil, syrup, water and vanilla.

In a small bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients, then stir into
egg mixture.

Let stand 5 minutes.

Spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups (without papers).

Bake at 350 degrees 12 - 15 minutes or until they are lightly browned