Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 19:22

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

Hi, Sandi and Jenn -

I believe in what this guy says. The first time I did Atkins (1998), I did it very, very strictly. I essentially followed what this dr. says because I didn't eat any thing except meat, eggs and green vegs. No processed foods where hidden ingredients could lurk.

Not only did I lose an exceptional amount of weight very quickly, but all my fibro symptoms disappeared. I was pain free for the first time in a long, long time. Although then I didn't know it was fibro. I just knew I hurt all the time. My stomach hurt all the time. My everything hurt. It was the first time since probably 1980 or so where I could press on my stomach and not have it hurt really bad because the intestines were so messed up! Of ocurse, when you tell the doctor that they say to eat more fiber.

Unfortunately, it didn't help with my SAD. Not even a little bit. It helped me stop swinging around mood-wise because of the constant sugar explosions, but it didn't help the seasonal changes.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 19:30

Plan: gluten free lc
Stats: 200/130/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 175%

Wow, I had a similar experience to Sandi24. When I first started lo carbing, I felt dramatically better, and then every time I added wheat back into my diet, FM symptoms came back. I know it sounds awful to go without wheat, but honestly, I don't miss it at all. I've learned to cook muffins etc. without wheat that are yummy, and converted all my fav recipes. I think it's well worth trying for a week or so to see how you feel, Jems.
Quietone, since Jems isn't focussing on SAD in this thread, maybe any more thoughts on that could be in my journal? It seems to be a bigger prob for me than FM this past year, since going low carb. --Gail
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 15:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220.5/211.2/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Sorry guys I got the name wrong for those of you that searched it.. its DogtorJ my apologies
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 07:41

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

thanks, I had searched and came up with Julius Irving