Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 18:22
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Chris: Those bat wings did not come from me: I still have mine.

Kay
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 18:24
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Joisynew: I posted to you in your journal.

Kay
  #123   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 18:58
Contributing Member

Plan: Protein Power (loosly)
Stats: 165/158/158 Female 5'8"
BF:I don't know
Progress: 100%

Oh chrisee, how I hate those flappy flabby things that are hangin down under my upper arms. I don't really see them often but I'm sure others do. I have just started going to a fitness center and working out. I wonder if anything I do will affect those little monsters.
  #124   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 07:48
Contributing Member

I am also having some hot flashes since I stopped the estrogen therapy. (currently no insurance so I had to stop all medications) I would like to try the motherwort if I can find it. I had a great breakfast this a.m. due to finding low carb bread. I was able to have one slice of toast with my egg, (only 7 carbs per slice) It made all the difference. The bread is called 'Nature's Own' and I fouind it at Super Fresh Grocery Store. It's real bread, (not like the low carb stuff I made in the past). On the bread wrapper is a web site www.naturesownbread.com
  #125   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 08:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 163/146/140 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

Kay

you are too funny!!!
  #126   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 08:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 163/146/140 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

joizienew

I have been working out for about a month now, and do see a liitle reduction in the bat wings... not a marked inprovement though... think sleeves is probably the only acceptable solution. Who was it who coined the term "Golden years"? someone with a sick sense of humor, or worse yet someone who hadn't reached them yet,I bet.

Off to buy some Natures own bread. sounds like heaven- a slice of bread.
Is this what it comes down to? happyness - a slice of bread!!
  #127   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 10:00
Contributing Member

I had to jump on and add this. Today when I was walking in the park, (I carry 3lb bar-bells when I walk to help out with the upper body and arms) well, anyway, a guy was passing me and stopped to say, "wow, those are really big bar-bells". I replied, "thanks, and there getting even bigger since I started carrying these 3lb weights around." It was great to have a laugh, I gave myself a pat on the back for being brave enough to take a risk with a perfect stranger.
  #128   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 10:06
Contributing Member

I have to admit that this morning, in place of sex, drugs and rock and roll, a slice of toast with my egg was the untimate thrill.
  #129   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 10:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/138/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rob
Actually, you are probably right about the belly fat..this is the hardest area for me to lose weight, but I do think the old menopause is an excuse for lots of us to give up the battle of the bulge... and what about those featherless bat wings that have taken the place of my arms.. where the hell did they come from?

All I know is when it's 20 below in the winter and everyone is in heavy coats, hats and gloves, and I'm sitting around in a T-shirt fanning myself with my "fertility" fan (as I call it), and the sweat is running down my face....it's difficult to blame it on anything BUT menopause; that's no excuse, it's reality for me.

As far as the bat wings go, SO FAR I've escaped that but do not believe those are connected to menopause in any way. However, I do lift weights everyday (light ones) and that may keep the arms in check. But hey, if I develop "bat wings" in time, I'll just count myself lucky and FLY south to visit my family!

Morgan
  #130   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 11:34
Contributing Member

Yeah! I finally got a picture where I wanted it. Couldn't make it any bigger but at least it's there. Thanks for all your help everyone.
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 18:38
Contributing Member

Hi everyone, I have been working out at a fitness center at my work. (it's free to staff) I even have a personal trainer. Now I am wondering what I will look like with muscles. I really want to tone up and lifting the weights helps my Fibromyalgia pain, but I'm big boned to start with and I am having scary pictures in my head of being a big muscular freak. Wow, I'm I anxiety ridden or what! I can always find something to worry about. My trainer says muscles look good. So now I'm trying to turn off my own head and just pump iron. Oh, and I'm winning the battle of the constipation saga.
  #132   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 18:53

Stats: 202/117/125 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 110%

Good for you joizienew!

I just bet working out makes you feel much better. Muscle does look much better than flab which is what I have plenty of. Keep with the program and enjoy looking great.
  #133   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 00:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joizienew
Hi everyone, I have been working out at a fitness center at my work. (it's free to staff) I even have a personal trainer. Now I am wondering what I will look like with muscles. I really want to tone up and lifting the weights helps my Fibromyalgia pain, but I'm big boned to start with and I am having scary pictures in my head of being a big muscular freak. Wow, I'm I anxiety ridden or what! I can always find something to worry about. My trainer says muscles look good. So now I'm trying to turn off my own head and just pump iron. Oh, and I'm winning the battle of the constipation saga.

Hi, again, Jozie! You were saying earlier that you didn't think you registered. Well, because you were able to post, I thought you had. But now I just noticed that under your name it says "contributing" member instead of "registered" member, so now I'm not sure if you're registered or not. I've never noticed that before.

I wouldn't worry to much about turning into Arnold Schwarzeneiger! Most women can't even build those kind of muscles. We have "feminine" muscles and they do look good. Sounds like you're doing good and a trainer is a great idea. Wish I could afford one! Good luck!

Morgan
  #134   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 00:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joizienew
I was able to have one slice of toast with my egg, (only 7 carbs per slice) It made all the difference. The bread is called 'Nature's Own' and I fouind it at Super Fresh Grocery Store. It's real bread, (not like the low carb stuff I made in the past).

I tried some of that "low carb" bread from Trader Joe's (3 carbs per slice). I think I would rather eat kitty litter! I went to Safeway and bought Oroweat Light...it's only 5 1/2 grams a slice. I love it and you can buy it anywhere! I missed my bread. I still don't eat to much of it, though.
  #135   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 06:24
Contributing Member

Yes, I missed my bread in the morning with breakfast. Other than that I don't mind doing without. I will check out the Orowheat light. The stuff I got is 7 carbs per slice, but I can't really tell the difference between it and regular high carb bread. That's a good thing. I became a contributing member by paying $15 dollars. I think it just means that I am a member who donated some money to the cost of running the show. I don't know for sure as yet.