Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-12, 09:21
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Where are you guys buying your glucomanan flour? The stuff on Amazon ranges from $42 a pound down to around $20. Any one find a better source?

Started my up day with hemp/flax pancakes. Oh yum!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-12, 09:50
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I think my one-pound bag from Netrition.com was around $19. I hear that's pretty much what it runs, Nancy. But it lasts a long time because I only use 1/2 tsp in pudding and 1 tsp. in baked goods to fluff them up a bit.

Carolyn, you're doing very well on this. That's about what I lost the first two weeks. Then I slowed down markedly.
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-12, 14:39
Experimenter

BF:

I found a $10 bottle at swansonvitamins.com that's 8 oz. That should last an awfully long time.
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-12, 15:22
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I got an 8 oz. bottle of the NOW powdered glucomannan from iHerb for around $12. The shipping is free if you order more than $20 of stuff, which I did.
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-12, 19:43

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

I just jumped right into the 1# bag from netrition. Got some oat fiber at the same time and some Quest bars.
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 07:14
Getting Healthy!

BF:

I felt stuffed and uncomfortable by about 1:30 PM of yesterday's Up Day, even though what I ate would not have made me feel that way pre-JUDDD. I still feel stuffed 18 hours later and haven't eaten breakfast today or supper last night.

My stomach has definitely "shrunk." I need to pay more attention to what I eat (or don't eat) on up days. Now that my stomach is reset, I've got to reset my brain. I've got to learn to stop eating before I feel full and give the fullness time to arrive.

Last edited by CarolynC : Mon, Apr-30-12 at 15:39.
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 08:04
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Yes, I'm learning slowly to "wait" until the feeling of fullness happens. Have felt bloated a couple times on JUDDD because I, too, ate until I was full, and then felt FULLER in 10 minutes!

I didn't have any hunger issues at all yesterday on my down day. Finished off 1 serving of gluc pudding at 10pm, more to get the bowl out of the fridge than from hunger, really. I think my body is finally getting comfortable with DD's. But for me, skipping breakfast (something I've never had problems doing) seems to be the most satisfying way to handle them. That allows me a 250 calorie lunch and a 250 calorie dinner. And if I get hungry late night, I have a bowl of gluc pudding for no calories, really. Works for me, anyway.

My temporary bounce up to 160 is back down to 158 today.
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 08:22
Getting Healthy!

BF:

Congratulations on the weight bouncing back down, Buttoni!

I'm doing another all-liquid no-chewing down day. I just tried an EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control shake. It's 110 calories, which is less than the 120 or 160 calories of the two Atkins lines. The reason is that it has only 3 grams of fat and the Atkins shakes have 9 grams. The EAS does have more protein; its soy protein while Atkins uses whey protein. But, the EAS shake is very thin and not filling. I'm glad that I only bought one pack. If I have more liquid days, I'll stick with Atkins shakes when I'm unable to use homemade shakes.
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 08:39
Experimenter

BF:

I bought some EAS shakes too. They don't taste as good either, IMHO. I also found some shakes at Trader Joe's that have 35g of protein but 160 calories. I'll have one of those this morning.
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 08:46
Getting Healthy!

BF:

Oh, I forgot that. I also don't think that the EAS shakes taste as good as the Atkins.

I wish that we had Trader Joe's in my area. The nearest is over 200 miles away.
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 10:01

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

Blue, about the eating window; Dr Johnson cites a study, one of the many, re peops eating all their cals in a 4 hr window.
Over 6 mo, there was a small weight loss, (loss of fat but an increase in LBM, so an actual bigger fat loss).
BUT the participants did not enjoy eating all their cals in this small window.

If any of you shake drinkers have a shaker bottle or are home in your kitchen, thicken the thin shakes w some gluc powder.

As it is, liquid is allowed to leave the stomach more quickly.
A little thickner will slow it down a bit.
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 10:10

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%

Wow! I can't believe the activity on JUDDD BUDDS. For some reason I am not recieving notifications in my email. I thought everyone stopped. So happy to see I was wrong.

The thing I am noticing after 5 weeks is that this has easily gone into normal eating for me. Why would I ever go back to eating the way I used to. I also don't get shook up if I eat too much on a DD. Today will problable be a 550-600 calorie day and thats OK! And I really like my down days. They have become part of my every day life. The obsession with food is gone!!!!!
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 11:30
Getting Healthy!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51
If any of you shake drinkers have a shaker bottle or are home in your kitchen, thicken the thin shakes w some gluc powder.

As it is, liquid is allowed to leave the stomach more quickly.
A little thickner will slow it down a bit.

Thanks for the tip, jem51. I'll thicken up one of the EAS shakes for dinner tonight.
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 11:49
Getting Healthy!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbagram
Wow! I can't believe the activity on JUDDD BUDDS. For some reason I am not recieving notifications in my email. I thought everyone stopped.

Spam filters sometimes stop automatic notification e-mails sent by message boards. I'm an administrator for a message board about an old TV show and whenever someone says they aren't receiving notification e-mails, the cause is almost always either a spam filter in their own e-mail program or a spam filter through their e-mail account (AOL, cox.net, optonline.net, sbcglobal.net, and Yahoo.com are the worst about this, in my experience).
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 18:09
Experimenter

BF:

It's getting easier. Today I had left-over low-cal stir fry for lunch and tonight I'm making egg-drop soup (shiritaki noodles, low cal veggies). I just need to eat like I did when I was on hcg. It isn't so bad!