Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Dec-10-20, 11:06

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

sent ya'll some pics of site.
nice one, summer woulda been alot better LOL
brrrr
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Dec-10-20, 15:10

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Trig- Thanks for taking pic's - it does sorta even look cold blue skies and all!!!!!!!!!
But Hey you will do most anything for kiddo. She got her wish. Not it will be YOUR turn come better weather!!!!- Beach, run, sand, sun!

I can run up and get on way to St. Simon- got booze and music, you bring meat- what ELSE is there?!?!?!
So did yo have a nice birthday?
Nice to get away regardless of where!!!!

Good luck on that prime rib- will be interested to see if it is good. It is either stellar/ or leather- not much in-between.
You coming back tomorrow? Safe travels- what is your travel time?

Nic- Wow you do get alot of step in for your house. I picked a HUGE HUGE house with 6-7K a day! You must never sit!

Yea on the "boy" taking a turn for the better and recovering and no signs of anyone else getting IT!!!!!!
I think it is nice you get some down time- despite the reason to rest a bit. You have been full tilt for a month or so with planning!

Glad all well- and you have stuff at your pace! Awesome on your hubby doing so well. You two are so cute together!

Lori- Brrrrrhhhh cold! Hope you get a game in! I am sure you know almost too cold to play! Get it while you can!
How is Bettys leg doing?
Are you getting together with her for Christmas. Are you her only relatives? She is so lucky to have you!!!!!

What is on menu tonight? You and Nic have the best menu's!

Blue-
updates......
-------------------------------------------------
OMG I have been up the last 4 nights until 2am and then roll out of bed and go directly to "Wall Street".
I need to put a limit on this chat room. But seriously - for being in a chat room- the same people are in in. It like having people over. The talk is fast and instant. Like having people over for conversations and laughs. I love it. They are getting to know me.

Wall Street- Has been good to me. I am blessed. Not getting wealthy- but managing to not touch anything but the proceeds from that to get by. But then again I am so frugal! It is working for now.
Yes I know I am blessed. But I am also "working" when I do my trading. I don't do them willy nilly. I do my homework.

So I am usually done with all that by noon latest. I truly ENJOY it. Like a game, but very aware the game is real. Not every one is a home run either. Just have to be diligent. I only go with "trusted" companies too. I don't do penny stocks. I have lost a few bucks and said no more. So I do the ones you have all heard of.

Speaking of- I was excited about the Starbucks stock today. I loved the article I was reading about it.
The company is THRIVING and expected to to EXCEL in this next year. They are adding 22,000 more stores globally.
What do I love about it? The concept that in this Shit show in 2020- you can hit up a Starbucks for a cup of coffee in the drive through. It is a NORMAL / Pre-Covid thing some of us did. It takes us to a place that isn't about illness, or lockdowns. It is just a small thing that gives pleasure.

Granted at 4 bucks a cup I never did it that much. But I bought a bag of their Peppermint and it gives me pleasure EVERY morning right now. It is the brand- know everywhere around the world. It is a piece of comfort in times that are uncertain. Yea....... that cup of coffee.
So - anyway........ I love the Brand, concept, experience, and comfort it gives me. A small part of BEFORE. That is why they are doing so well. We feel that way! Well enough of us that they are doing well!

I am HOOKED on this fireplace app on the big screen. A roaring fire with soft instrumentals Christmas. I am FINALLY getting in the Christmas mood as much as anyone can this year.

I am pretty sure I will be by myself this year. My son has his hands full with his new house and can't get off work. I have already informed my mother I was not coming, and my DD. Not sure.
I am good with whatever. I would rather take a pass and everyone have a happy and healthy day.

Hey I was by myself last year this time - TG/ Christmas and NY. I was cool. I had crab cakes and wine- and watched sappy movies. It sounds like could be the same! All good.

Getting together with DD and Littles tomorrow. we have all done a "health" check and good to roll. It is supposed to be lower 60's just like today.
Beautiful

I have crab cakes I need to pull from oven. - I took the DADDY LEGS and plulled a pound of meat fresh from them. Rinsed and dried it and added the crab cake mix, garlic, and parsley.
I have slaw on side! Done!
Yea Trig- hurry up these look stellar!!!!!!

Ok ladies!!!!
Have a wonderful evening!!!
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Dec-11-20, 06:13

BF:

quickie

heading home today. omg morning cold is a killer out there

shorty trip driving home so that is good. prime rib last night was delish. I ate 1 crab stuffed mushroom and while good, no draw to it. my prime rib was great and my grilled side shrimp were yummy.

hubby caught 8 monster trout in freezer. he is happy.

homeward bound.....eating at home IS SO much easier than out and about.

chat up later and be good all
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Dec-11-20, 08:32

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Trig.....safe travels home. So glad your Prime Rib dinner was SO good! You don't mind spending the $$ when the food is great.

Jaz...have fun with the Littles today! I'm sure they will keep you stepping!

Nic....yes, it is WAY cold in the mornings, but the sun warms things up a bit. I think tomorrow is going to be cloudy....enjoy the sun today.

Blue...thinking of you....hope it's been a good week.

--------

I just ran to the ATM for some cash and stopped in to give Betty her newspaper and make her some toast for breakfast. I'll stop back in later and take her a bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's. It's her favorite thing! DH will stop in on his way home from hunting late this afternoon to make sure she's settled for the night and to lock up the house.

Jaz.....Betty's leg healed nicely....thank goodness! She really has no other family besides us. There are some other cousins, but they don't stay in touch with her. She never married and has no siblings, so we are pretty much it. She has friends, but with Covid, no one takes the chance to come in to see her. They keep in touch by phone, but DH, me, and the visiting nurse are the only faces she's seen since last Spring. Sad. We're doing the best we can to take care of her, but we know some hard decisions may have to be made in the near future. Every day that she's doing ok is a blessing.

Well, we played golf yesterday and are planning on it again today. It's going to be a cold start, I'm afraid. We're meeting at 10:30 with hopes to be playing by 11. I think we'll be ok, but it sure is cold right now!

Have good days!
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Dec-11-20, 09:27

BF:

Good Morning- after 10

Lori- You are in route to the course by now I would suspect! Hope you have a nice day to play! Amazing here we are 1/2 Dec. ,and you are still playing.

Yah, I hear you on those "big decisions" with Betty. Has she ever expressed what she wants? I know everyone wants to stay home if they can. The good news is, she is is fairly good health for now. But it is wise to have plan B and not wait until you need one fast. I'm sure you and hubby have discussed.

Hope your day is great.

Trig- Safe travels home! Wow on the catch! I love fresh trout! He caught 8 - WOW. Did you have them cleaned before you left? That fish is pretty easy to clean. Cut off the head and grill - when is dinner!
Yum on the prim rib too!!!! Glad you got a tasty one! That is something I don't make at home! So good for you to have gotten some!
Safe travels- Check in when settled

NIC/Blue- updates.
------------------------------------------
Didn't go to DD- due to "wonky guts" since last night late and this morning not feeling better.
Again I think it was sneaky dairy. I am getting so intolerant. But sometimes it in a sauce you would never think. I picked up some slaw from the deli counter. I am pretty sure it is what nailed me. Who knows what shit they put in it. I should have made my own. But it looked good.

Oh well, a days rest and I will be back on my feet. It's super nice here 60's and sunshine. I might sit outside for a bit.
laying low today. Didn't even do trading this morning. Not in it. just going to chill, drink up some lemon water and hang with the pooch.

Back later- nothing happening here.
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-20, 04:26

BF:

Jaz, yea the trout pond place cleaned them. hubby had a few done whole and a few done in filets. He is a fresh trout lover, kid is semi lover, me--I hate fish LOL

wonky guts...omg they stink Hope you got it outta ya, and yea bought cole slaw I bet nailed ya and who knows what is in it!!

Lori, you guys are doing great with Betty cause when they are that old, I tell ya they are more than happy for their little world to get smaller and smaller ya know, content in their day mostly cause my mom is getting like that. Her little world is just fine they 'can't keep up' ya know in a faster paced, more people life kinda thing so they tend to shrink up a bit and I noticed my mom wants more quiet at all times vs. more people, so I bet you guys are great company for Betty when she needs it.

good luck with golf...milder temps but you sure can feel it is heading toward winter in the air

Nicco, have ya been filling up your days ok? Doing your own thing?

So happy to read the boys are doing well and everyone is coming thru in fine shape and all. Your Dh real busy and hope all his work stress is ok, I know you said he was pushed a bit there, hope all is more chill for him.

Hey Blue

Nothing much here today.

unpack rv. laundry.

hubby to work car dealership job.

kid, hell won't see her til 1-2 this afternoon LOL

nothing much, this and that.

darn deer, driving down that darn windy mt road on a curve out come like 5 darn deer, one damn near right in front of the truck, others running near my passenger door/window and some damn near hitting the rv.....omg I hate crap like that LOL hunters probably pushed them that way but hubby honked alot and veered off the leader deer from the truck in time and it shot back down the embankment with the others following.....other than that drive home was ok ugh

be good everyone!
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-20, 05:00

BF:

Good Morning!

Here we are, up early again Trig! Last day of rifle deer season here so DH is on his way to the mountain already. Speaking of deer.....scary to have some nearly hitting your truck & RV. A lot of deer get hit here in PA....I used to hate driving home late at night when I worked at Dick's....I drove a highway that had a ton of them crossing and getting hit.

Jaz.....hope you're feeling better today & sorry you missed the day with the kids. Are you just taking it easy this weekend?

Nic....so glad you are all coming thru your quarantine in fine shape. DS22 was the only one with a positive test, right? Whew! Congrats to DH on his excellent work year. Hope it continues into 2021 for him.

Blue.....

--------

We had fun on the golf course yesterday. The weather was beautiful for a mid-December day. We're going to try playing again today, though we won't have much, if any, sun. It's supposed to get to around 50 degrees again, but with no sun will feel much colder. We'll quit if it's too cold.....no problem.

Have good days!
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-20, 09:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Glad you are enjoying your chat room and your Wall Street activities! It is good to have things you are interested in and passionate about!

I'm sorry your gathering with DD and the Littles didn't happen this. Luckily you saw them very recently and I am sure you will be seeing them again soon. Hey, do you leave Athens in January? If so, the time is flying by! Seems like you just got there!

Trig- Glad the prime rib and the rest of your meal was so good! Always happy when that happens in a restaurant. Your DH got a LOT of trout! He should be happy for a while!

We have a ton of deer here too. I've never hit one but have had them bounce off the side of my car. Pretty scary!

Lori- Are there assisted places nearby to you that Betty might go to? Could she move in with you guys?

You are very fortunate you are able to golf so much in December this year! I think we have snow coming next week - maybe!

•••••••••••

So yesterday was just one of those days. The good: I got a 4.4 mile walk in. Longest walk I have had in a very long time. Sunny and upper 50s, good for the soul.

But, DH is freaking out under work stress. It is just one of those phases at work for him but it is hard to balance here at home. He comes home grumpy and stressed and it really is hard for me to offset/counterbalance. I am a super sensitive sponge type. There isn't too much I can do about it, it is the nature of his job and luckily doesn't come up all that much, but it will be a sucky month and a half around here while he gets through it all.

DS22 was also down yesterday. I get it, he has been shut in his room for ages, he is finishing his college classes and graduating with no fanfare at all, he is going to start his first official full-time job in January but will still be at home and living with his parents. None of this is as it should be. I really feel for him.

He was allowed out of his room last night for the first time. My ICU friend said that yes, certainly by this point it is fine, but we should wear masks for a couple of days while he is out and not eat with him (or have him eat with us) for another couple of days just to be sure. So that was nice, but had an undercurrent of being stressful. DS18 was hiding bc he wants to spend time with his GF and so doesn't want to be around DS22.

Then, DS22 said that come January he really wants to join a gym- he had been weightlifting daily at college and we don't have the right equipment and he doesn't want to lose his gains. But I am concerned about risk. Not sure how it works in terms of him having some immunity but what about us? Maybe if he will comply with wearing an N95 mask while in there, and then sanitizing and showering. We will have to have discussions about that and get more information etc.

So there is just a lot going on emotionally here in the house over the past day. Being the sponge I am sensitive to it all. Argh!

On another note, we get our last food delivery today- I'll cancel them after this bc I prefer to get my own stuff or do a pickup. But it has been EXCELLENT during our quarantine period!

Tomorrow I am free! I have two things to do- pick up the CASA kids' gifts (contactless pickup) and then pick up a library book (also contactless.) Monday I will go to Costco to pick up our Xmas cards so I can get those addressed and mailed out. Hopefully my calendars from Shutterfly will come soon too bc then I can mail out the family packages and then all of that will be behind me!
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-20, 13:04

BF:

Dot down- I will post today. I just have errands and a curbside to pick up. This and that before the rains come in!!!- Back in a bit-
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-20, 14:08

BF:

Brrrr......back from playing golf. It never got out of the low 40's today and not a peep of sun. We managed to play the whole course.....took us just over 3 hours. I was not really cold as I had 3 layers on top plus a puffy vest and then 2 layers on the bottom. A bit hard to swing the club with all that on!

Crazy things that we are, we're planning on playing again tomorrow. It's supposed to be a bit warmer tomorrow, but not sure about sun?

Nic.....sorry about DH's stress. He has a stressful profession for sure. I'm sure the whole family is getting a bit tired of the quarantine thing.

I just talked to our DD and she told me that DGS17 has been tested for "C" and is staying in his room until results come in. He got sick and she reported it to her work and they sent someone to the house to test him within a couple hours. Results should come in tonight or tomorrow. She fixes him a tray with food and leaves it outside his room for him. We were talking about xmas and she said they need absolutely nothing and will just be staying home. I will get some gift cards and fix a box to send to them, though I hate to think of standing in line at the post office! Ugh!

Ok.....I'm going to run for curbside carry out for our dinner. Not in the mood to cook anything tonight. DH is still out hunting.....thank goodness this is the last day.

#41   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-20, 06:55

BF:

Nicco enjoy your free easier day!!

So sorry on DH, I was wondering if his job was getting a tad less stress but with the arbitration you mentioned and more I was hoping it wasn't ramping up......hey wink wink wink, you got ways to destress him!! HA HA HA

DS22 has to be going batty, I sure understand that because he was just 'getting out there' full speed ya know....total full speed and his grow up time and then this....I can't even imagine for the young adults right on that beginning. Feel for him on all that!

Glad all is settling in good tho for most of ya and just getting thru it all best ya can.

Lori, we are gonna hit 70 today but then we crash....big rain, possible flooding and cold weather right on its tail. So enjoy all the golf ya can before all this flips on us.

Yea when I lived in Clarks Summit near Scranton the amt of deer over the roads was horrifying.....every drive was like....are the deer gonna fly across the road??? truly it is a big situation.

Jaz, sounds like you are just doing your thing and waiting on Jan. to hit St Simon and get settled into a new you at the beach.....at the beach!!!! After we crawl thru these holidays and worry about family time etc that will be screwed up and more, then when Jan hits it all settles down and you got a whole new path to manuever...so cool...reinvent yourself AT THE BEACH! LOL

Hey Blue, check in soon

HI ALL
few things left to unpack rv....nothing big
towel laundry today

just gonna rest, relax, do nothing, chill out, and BE outside in some fashion today tho with hitting 70 I need outside cause tomorrow it flips to alotta rain and cold.

All good in my world
All settled and fine.
Everyone is happy and just doing ya know.

hope all you guys are good too!
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-20, 07:05

BF:

Good Morning!

The dang cat got me up at 4AM. I could strangle her sometimes. Waiting to hear from my friend about golf...I hope we play as the sun is shining and it will be in the 50's today!

Guess I'll have another cup of coffee and then hopefully get ready for golf. Geez.....8AM and I've been up for 4 hours. WTH! Sigh.....

----------

Trig....have a great day and enjoy the weather before the crap comes in. We're getting some snow tomorrow and then a bigger snow on Wednesday. Yuck!

Be back later to check on you all!
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-20, 08:30

BF:

OMG LORI....SNOW, THE DREADED WORD!!! 2 DAYS OF SNOW....wow thankfully it is my rain travels up to you and turns into snow LOL

feel for ya on that one and yes golf today before ya have to do it in snow boots......how does one find a little white ball in snow
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-20, 08:51

BF:

Hey Ladies!!!!!!

Lori- I hope you have a good golf day! I was cracking up reading your post about so many layers of clothes and it being hard to swing the club!!!! Thats funny. Hope you don't have to wear as much today!!!
Wowsa on the DGS17- I hope he just has a cold or something. What were his symptoms?
I bet DD is a bit stressed. The good news is that if he is positive- these "kids fair so much better than we do!! Still I know it must be worrisome!
She sounds very smart about cancelling Christmas!

I am right there with you on NOT wanting to stand in line at the post office! that makes ZERO sense to me! We cancel with our family to reduce exposure and then stand in line for an hour with strangers! Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What did you pick up for dinner?

NIC-- I hear ya on being an emotional sponge. I thing that comes with being a mom/wife. We all do it.
Hopefully things will quiet down. I feel for you DS22- It has to be HARD as a young adult to still be under your roof. As much as you love him and he loves you- he can't spread his wings and fly while in the nest! No easy answers there.
Is there anyway he might be able to rent a small apt somewhere once he starts his job? It might give him a sense of independence he wants. I am just thinking out loud here?!?!?!
I don't know how I would feel either having someone in my house going to a gym. That is a "hot spot"- with people sweating and all. hummmmmm Something you all will need to decide.

Ya- You hubby has a really high stress job. Yup wink wink- I agree with Trig- You got the power!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Plus just knowing it is not about you makes it better!

Oh- I love curbside pick up. I am not sure I will ever go back to hanging out in a store. So nice to pull up and boom it's in your trunk. No lines, no fuss, no issue. I am on my 4 pick up and have been pleased with it all.
They pick really nice veggies, and fruit (lemon), the fish from the counter has been fresh. Ya, I love it. Plus I don't over spend. I know I am getting what I need and no more. It's great. I shop at night and pick up in the morning!

Trig- So are you all unpacked and ready for your next trip!!!!
I am waking up to a damp, gray and foggy day- are you? I know we share the same weather pattern!

Yesterday was BEAUTIFUL- it was 70 and sunny here too! I went for a walk. I didn't get in a 4 mile one like Nic- but I did walk!
Glad things are rolling along in your world!
Does your hubby work Sundays?

Blue- Updates!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
It truly was a wonderful day out. I got the pooch out too yesterday. I got my pick up.
By the time I got everything put away I just was so not in the mood to cook. So I ordered a steak salad from a place close to here that does curbside as well. I got it- no cheese. Basically it was steak over a bed of spinach with a few tomatoes on the side. I used my own dressing. I ask for EXTRA meat. - It was delish.

So today I thawed a filet from the freezer, have some baby kale and am boiling an egg and have a tomato. So I am going to have my version. It will be better!!!! I do like a really good dinner salad and get in the mood for them now and again. I might even sizzle up some bacon I have that needs fried, and crumble some on top. No cheese- didn't miss it. My gut thanked for that!!!!

Very dark here and wet. Very Morticia day as Blue says! No desire to get outside. I took a quick shower and my "lounge ware" back on. I don't know what I will do if I have to get outta yoga/lounge/sweat/pajama- pants!!!!!!!! I love being comfy.

St. Simon is in Feb/March/April- I am here through Jan. 31st. It's cool. The place is nice. It's an hour from the kids- nice location, cute as a button to live in. Very comfortable and clean. Unlike that horrid basement I was in. NEVER again.
The condo I am getting in St. Simon is top floor- 2nd floor. I will be back to doing steps!

Remember my WHINING over those steps in Delaware!!!!! That was a STEEP 3nd floor! OMG- those steps. But after a week of so I didn't notice them anymore. Although I will have to say it is awesome to wake up in Pj's and just open the back door to let Bella out. I just stand there and don't have to "take her out".

It is looking like I am going to be hanging out with me, myself and I for Christmas. My DD and kids are having her husbands sister and husband over and a friend. They did invite me, of course. But honestly I don't know their friend and his sister and her hubby both work in sales and are out in public. When my DD had the flu a few weeks back- they didn't care and came to visit her anyway. That spoke volumes to me!
So I ma going to decline if their situation doesn't change. So it's fine.

I am fine with it- I will see the kids either before or the day after. Honestly it is just another day for me. 2020 has sorta sucked out the joy of holidays I think for most people.

I am just chillin today. I might browse the job postings, after turning down the last offer I have nothing brewing at this point. It's not a great time to get work- so it will not be an intense look. More like a browse!!! HAHAHAHAH-
Really thinking telecommute.

Ok peeps- back later!!!
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-20, 11:59

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello everyone!

Lori- Hope your friend called you and said golf is on. I know you all have snow coming. We are supposed to get some on Wednesday but we'll see- we've been getting skipped a lot over the past few years.

I hope your DGS17 doesn't have C19 but if he does then hopefully it is mild, as my son's was. If C19 didn't exist we literally would not have even blinked over his experience.

Trig- Sounds like you are doing fine over there! Is it nice to be back home again?

Jaz- Housing is very expensive here, plus he is wanting to save money as much as he can, so it wouldn't be a good option to have him get an apartment. We will no doubt work out some sort of compromise. Our positivity rate is 6.7% in our county so not crazy high or anything too. I am going to work with him to find a place that sanitizes well and has very limited people at a time and we'll go from there.

Curbside pickup and delivery has been okay, certainly not bad, but at times not the best. Especially when it comes to produce and such, depends on the shopper. I know what I have in mind (ie- size of zucchini etc) I feel like with wearing a mask (and others doing the same) that the risks are fairly low.

Didn't realize St Simon starts in Feb so you've got a bit of time to go. Glad you are liking Athens and are happy there! Enjoy your job browse!

••••••••

We are sprung today! Quarantine over!

Today I pick up the CASA kids Christmas gifts - that is the big event of the day. I thought I did a library book pick up today too but apparently that is tomorrow.

Went on a long hike yesterday- 4 miles. Two four mile days in a row! Not planning on repeating that again today! Maybe a short stroll but not a lengthy one like that.

Dinner tonight is breaded pork tenderloin - I didn't get around to it before.

DH settled down, at least for now, with bringing his work stress home, so that's good. DS22 and I smoothed things over as well and will work on mutually agreeable solutions for his workouts. Luckily no one (except maybe the youngest) likes to keep negative feelings going for long around here.

Tomorrow I will reschedule my dermatology appt, pick up my library book and pick up my Xmas cards from Costco.

My Xmas calendars from Shutterfly apparently got lost along the way somewhere so there are resending them, which is nice, but now I won't get them until around the 20th. So much for being ahead of the game by ordering them on Black Friday weekend. I let folks know that I would just send their Xmas stuff after Xmas bc I am not going to go stand in the PO line twice!

Not much else to report. DS22 gets sprung really soon and has been symptomless for days now. Glad it all passed so easily and that for a while he has a protection of natural immunity.

My eating habits lately are TRASH.