Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-04, 11:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320.0/282.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Post Kristal's Exercise Log

Greetings, All!

I am getting started into a regular exercise regimen and I guess I'll keep myself honest by starting this log. Thanks in advance for help you can throw my way!

AM Workout:
Did the Circuit Level 1 -2 in the P90 series.
I just focused on using the correct form, I didn't count my reps.

PM Workout:
We're doing the 2mile walk w/cardio from Walkin Away the Pounds

Supplements:
Basic #3, Essential Oils, L-Carnitine, Dieters Advantage, Oil of Oregano

I'll post menus in here or in my journal. Here's to seeing even less of me!

Water: 3+ liters
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-04, 09:12

BF:
Default Ouch!

OK, so I'm sore today! Wow, I thought I had taken easy on myself too! Oh, well, I know this is going to be good for me, so suck it up and get moving. I'll drop by later to write down all the dirty details.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-04, 15:35

BF:
Post Day 2 Down - 88 2 Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The DH & I got busy this afternoon and did the cardio/ab level #1-2 of the P90 series! He was able to do so much more than I could, but when it got too crazy for me, I just kept walking in place. The ab reps at the end were too much for me - so I just kept trying to do regular crunches. I'm so big in my gut/butt that this is going to take a while, but it did take me a while to get where I'm at, so I'm not complaining. I would like to consider getting the Ab Lounge that I've seen on TV. Maybe it would help me do the Ab reps without killing my lower back.

Day 3 Tomorrow - maybe a 1 mile walk tonight!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 08:04

BF:
Post Day 3 of P90

Boy, am I sore! This stuff is kicking my butt! Yesterday, DH and I walked around the neighborhood for about 30 minutes. It was so cool and still - it felt like Halloween Night!

This AM, I got up and did the P90 day 3 routine - circuit Level 1-2. I did not eat beforehand. I hope this will help. I will eat breakfast now: Scrambled eggs & bacon.

I think we'll plan on walking every PM from now on! Just gotta get to feeling better - darn these muscles hurt!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 14:47

BF:
Smile Day 4!

Did Day 4 of P90! Its the Cardio/Abs workout (level #1-2). I'm hanging in there and I even did more crunches than I thought I would be able to - Yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even waited to eat today until after exercising. I am going to have some great food today - I feel good! I got the Fitday PC yesterday and I found out I have not been eating enough calories (who knew) - I don't want to put myself into starvation mode, so I'm upping my caloric intake and gonna see what happens. I am also going to eat some carbs prior to weights tomorrow - I got some vanilla yogurt that is going to taste teriffic tomorrow AM! I am still sore, but not as stiff. I think the evening walks are really helping my body feel better after the AM or afternoon sweat sessions! 86 days to go! Maybe when I finish - I'll be able to try the level 3-4 dvds!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 07:58

BF:
Smile Day 5!

Got up this AM and did the circuit training for P90! I ate 4oz of vailla yogurt prior to working out to see how that would affect me. I'll post my menu for today later in my journal. I was thrilled to actually do some of the push-ups modified of course, and I kept up with the workout mostly! Glad when TOM will leave later this weekend - maybe then I can see a drop in weight! I'm aslo not as sore today. Taking the day off yesterday must have been what I needed to help recuperate! I'm going to do some walking later today. I also did some adjusting to my fitday to make it as close to reality as possible - I think I'm pretty close - I can only have about 2,500 cal a day and I'm having trouble getting enough right now! Who knew?! Oh, well, I'm feeling better than I have in a VERY long time and I'm not stopping now!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 08:06

Plan: no sugar no flour, Atkins
Stats: 196.5/175/120 Female 5 feet 3 inch
BF:JUST HAD A BABY
Progress: 28%

Saw you had an exercise journal and popped in. I am doing legs today. I hate lunges; did them at my house before the gym to get them over with LOL. I hate people staring at me when i do wide leg wall sits and pulsing pliates (spelling). Not sure what cardio i will do. i should keep it easy if i am doing legs already, have a hard time taking it easy, i am all or nothing kind of gal. what is P90?