Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-06, 16:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/164/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default Dancing

My method of keep fit is dancing at Pineapple Studios (London) and, having bought membership at an extortionate rate, I intend to go at least 4 times a week. Today was lesson 6 and I'm starting to feel the strain as I tried a harder class!!

Sittups,
Retirés,
Pliés
Stretches
Strengthening excercises
30 minutes tough & fast routine.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-13, 07:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/164/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 69%

For a long time I have had a love/hate relationship with the gym. I go through phases where I absolutely love it and crave a workout and times where I really couldn’t hate it any more!!

I’m in a ‘love it’ phase at the moment which has thankfully coincided with jumping back on the Atkins Wagon.

A new chain of gyms opened up here in the UK a while ago, called PureGym. It’s low cost (£25 p/m, compared to the usual £60 in London), huge and open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!!!

I signed up around 6 weeks ago and have so far managed to go at least 4 times a week since then. It also turns out that a few of my neighbours have signed up as well as 3 or 4 of my close friends. We don’t necessarily make a point of going together, but it makes it a bit more fun when you’re working out and a friend walks by!!

I have always been a bit of a rubbish runner, but have always longed to be able to run so that’s my goal at the moment. When I first signed up, I could manage no more than a 5 minute jog but I’m currently up to 17 minutes + 6 warmup/down.

So my current cardio program comprises

- Jog 15+ mins 7.5km/h
- Cycle 30 mins interval training
- X-Trainer / Rowing machine 15 mins

I then spend another 45 mins on weight machines, alternating between leg days and arms/abs days. I switch between 5 x 6 reps at max and 3 x 10 reps at manageable. Still not sure which school of thought I prefer so mixing it up a bit!!