Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1606   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-21, 09:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Well Crap on a cracker! I lost another VERY LONG post! I got windy and then hit the wrong button.

Lori- Love that name RUMFISH! So much fun to have that in your back pocket to look forward to! Are you two going to drive? ROADTRIP!!!!!!!

Yeah on the entire WW thing. It flat out doesn't work. I think the GOLO based on what TRIG said is a much better option. At least it teaches you how to eat. You can assign points to a pop tart but that doesn't mean it is good for you!

Also we all know that fat is not the bad guy. But it has been drilled into our head that it is. The real bad guy is processed foods and sugar. They cause inflammation- the root of all disease. I am really learning that the gut is a really good thing to keep healthy.

I think though that MOST people just want that magic bullet and go from program to program and it fails them. People for the most part stay in places they know even if it is not healthy. That can be applied to food, relationships, or actual places.
I had a guy on the phone that was diabetic and about to have his 2nd leg amputated. He told me - MEH- "I like my candy". WW caters to these type of people that really don't want to change eating.

Then you have somebody like Adele, and Rebel Wilson. She took 2020 as her year of health. I just love that. She broke free of unhealthy habits and look at her now. Truly inspiring.
Ok- off my soap box.........

Anyway- How long are your guests staying? I had to laugh at the flannel sheets. OMG I would die of heat. I love it cold to sleep and then warm during the day!
Are you serving dinners? Who did you say was coming?

TRIG- - yea I saw you all had the rain up there! My mom got socked in yesterday. Missed me by a hair.
Sun is out today!
I sure hope that when you can you could take a trip to southern FL and stay for a bit. It would do wonders for the winter blues. I sure know how those gray skies effect people. After living in Ohio for most of my life it is a real thing. I would always dream of the beach and sun.
You are so close to having that happen too!

Poor puppy- is he limping? I am sure you got an eye on him!
When do you leave for your beach? I would be marking that calendar !!!!!! The countdown! HAHAHAHA

NIC-
hey there - awaiting check in!
-----------------------------------------------
Well last night was full of music and one too many adult beverages and I was up way too late. One of the neighbors I have become friendly with had an outside goodby party at the lake near my apt. It was fun.
However, I reached for the aspirin bottle straight up with my coffee!

I am just filling time right now. I have done as much as I can before I leave. Just tidy up a few things. Run my last load of laundry and such.

I am down another pound and am in the new low area and hope the drop continues! I am so ready to get to goal 2- then start my next ten pound goal in a new "place" on the scale. I am down 22 pounds and counting.
I am starting to see curves in all the right places I haven't seen in a very long time! Just gotta keep it rolling that way!

Short term goal- "Crossing over and starting another 10 pound goal.
Long term goal- 40 more to go. Just 4 ten pound goals. Break it down. If I get real ambitious I would do 5 after that.
You know I seriously gained it back in 3 months- and it has taken almost 3 years of bouncing and stalling and now it is moving. One day at a time and just eating the very best for just today!

I think dropping the processed foods, lightening up on red meat, and adding more chicken and fish and actually adding some low carb veggies did it. I was reading that women if they are in Keto- too long the body stops losing. Which is why I think you Lori- were right as far as High/Low. When I say High I am not talking about a food fest either. -

Ok- off to get a few things done and start the washer.
Sponsored Links
  #1607   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-21, 05:09

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz!! Congrats on your weight loss! 22lbs!!!!!! It seems you have found the key How nice of your neighbors to have a little party for you. St. Simons here you come!

Trig.....Hope Bolt is feeling better. Gabby gets "gimpy" once in a while and the Vet says she has some arthritis in her hip. I give her a glucosamine supplement every morning in her breakfast.

Nic....Sounds like you're keeping busy. I forget how long you're staying in DE? What ideas have you had for your retreat room?

---------

Scale took a little dive this morning. 156.6....love seeing those lower numbers. According to my Libra App, I'm down almost 10 lbs since January. Happy with that. That low number will not stick as we're taking our guests out for dinner tonight to our favorite Italian place. OY! I love their homemade ravioli with portabella mushrooms in a pink cream sauce....and the bruschetta! Heaven help me! It's 1 meal.......oh....but we're going out for breakfast tomorrow morning. Yikes!

I have some last minute cleaning to do this morning and we expect them to arrive around Noon. They'll probably leave about Noon tomorrow. I know we'll have a nice time and I'm going to relax and enjoy it!

Have a good Saturday!
  #1608   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-21, 06:41

BF:

Good Morning-
I am a bit sleepy this morning!!!!!!!! Suggestions needed! So Rugar got up this morning "flapping and flapping and flapping".
To the point it is DRIVING ME NUTS. He is also scratching his left ear.
So I am thinking ear infection? He shakes like dogs do when he get out of the bathtub. You know how they "flap" to get the water off. He has not been around water though?????

So I slipped him a Benadryl in his breakfast. I guess if he keeps flapping I will need to make a trip BACK here to Pooler to get him into the vet Monday$$$$$$$$. I am SO over taking care of sick dogs! I adore him but DAM....... Always something.

Lori- Enjoy your time and enjoy your meal. Hey we live once and if it won't send you off the rails and you get back on track, put on those stretchy pants and enjoy your one meal. You can have an omelette for breakfast and still be on the LC train.
Who is your company? Family/friends?

Are you doing your visit with Betty today and then out to dinner? Sounds like a perfect day! Speaking of Betty is she doing better? Are you going to go to her house before they come to "glam" her up a bit?

NIC- hey there- you there for one more day or heading out today? safe travels. I can tell you have really enjoyed your time there this week. UPDATES!!!!

Trig- - Hey there! How are you? I hope you are feeling better! UPDATES ((((((((( hugs))))))))))))))))
--------------------------------------------
Packing the car- and finishing last load of bedding and will push out tomorrow and hope I am not making a trip back Monday!
Next Saturday I will be back to deal with the movers and then head back- and my son will then arrive and stay for a week!

I have have a few days in-between it all for recoup. I will love to see my son- but dang he stays. Oh....... and let's go back a few posts to the "man chatter"........ goodness I know what is coming. Endless chatter chatter chatter............ Sometimes I just send him to the beach for quiet and space. Thankfully, he truly is not a person I need to cater too. He is just "busy" all the time. He has a bit off ADD and needs to be moving all the time. It's all good.

I am however missing my daughter and kids. I have not seen them since last Oct. We are trying to pick a time in Dec. for me to go- but they have been so sick since they started school. It seems like every week they have a cold, strep, stomach flu........this is the first year of school. GS is in all day kindergarten and princess is in "preK". Then my daughter took a teaching job- front line germs all the way!!!! I will need to go between the coughing, and snot! sighhhhhhhhh yup I remember my kids were sick that first few years too!

Well it looks like that Benadryl has kicked in- SOMEBODY is snoring away now beside me. Ok- all off to toss in the bedspread in washer and get my butt moving.

Holding my low- holding my breathe! I always seem to get here and bounce. Cleaning out fridge today too. will toss condiments and get fresh. I pretty much just have leftover rotisserie chicken I will add to one of those bagged salads- boom done. I have 2 deviled eggs left and a pickle. Done-

have a good one!
  #1609   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-21, 06:57

BF:

Jaz.....Sorry about Ruger and his flapping. Maybe you could take a peek in his ears and see if they need attention. Look up cleaning dogs ears....or....I'm sure you know all about that having had dogs for a long time.

Our weekend company is 2 of DH's cousins(brother & sister). I think he is about 65 and she is early 50's. Very nice, down to earth people. We haven't seen them in a long time. She is getting into tracing the family history and that is the main reason for their visit. They live in the Philadelphia area...about 3 hours from here. Betty will "glam" herself up a bit. She'll have bright pink lipstick on(teeth too!) and she always has her nails polished. I'm sure she spent all day yesterday with curlers in her hair. She was a beautician by trade, so she still tries to keep up with herself the best she can.

The house is as clean as it's going to get and all I have to do is do my workout and get a shower. Done & done! DH ran the vacuum for me while I did last minute kitchen touch up.

Over & out!
  #1610   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-21, 08:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

Beautiful sunny morning today out here in DE. Funny how I have gotten used to things- there is at least one heron in the backyard pond daily, ducks, geese, cormorant- all these are daily sights when I am here. Apparently there have been bald eagles visiting the ponds now as well so I am keeping my eyes peeled for those.

Jaz, did Ruger get into the water when you took him to the beach? I thought maybe that might be what kicked him off ears-wise.

I'm excited for you, heading back to St Simon tomorrow. I know that is your happy place! So nice that your neighbors bid you a farewell like that.

And congratulations on your weight loss! You are rocking it!

Lori- Enjoy your weekend company and your delicious meal. I love mushroom ravioli from Maggianos- it is AMAZING. You are doing really well weight wise and you can moderate very well. Enjoy it!

Trig- I know you are chomping at the bit to get out of Dodge. Soon!

•••••••••

My DE time is coming to an end- heading back to MD tomorrow. I'll have been here for a full week though, which is nice. I am really pleased at how the dogs do moving from one place to the other and how quickly they have taken to the routines.

Yesterday I went and got fingerprinted for doing Sub work in MD, and also stopped into several thrift/antique stores. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. One of them was waaaaay overfilled though and I hated that one! You could hardly turn around, things stacked precariously everywhere. Horrible! Really stressed me out- I was so sure I was going to break something just trying to move through, so I left that one quickly!

Today I am going to pull up my big girl panties and go to a block party. There was a happy hour last night at the clubhouse and I didn't do that one. There are so many people to meet and I get overwhelmed AND I have a HORRIBLE memory for faces and names. I am learning some dog parents! But I am going to go walk over and socialize for a bit. It's good for me. I am WAY too comfortable with spending tons of time alone. I enjoy it but it is also good to be sociable as well. Balance!

I have two events I will be coming here for in December- one is a Paint and Sip, and the other is a Book Club luncheon. Actually the first one I will come the Saturday night after Thanksgiving so I can go to the Craft Show in OC on Sunday and then stay through the Paint and Sip. Those will be a good way to meet a few people in a more sustained way. I also plan to start playing some pickleball and again, an easier way to meet a few people in a more sustained way. It is the large group meetings of face after face or the random meetings here and there that make it hard. Like I met two people today just walking the dogs. One I have retained and the other one only the dog's name! lol

That's about it. Going to finish this up, check email, vacuum and dust the house in preparation for departure tomorrow, figure out something to bring to the Block Party- I'll probably just pick something up and make it easy for myself!
  #1611   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-21, 05:58

BF:

Good Morning!

We're having a nice time with our weekend guests. We spent the afternoon with Betty talking about family and some of the adventures she had during her life. She's a very interesting lady.

We had a nice dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant last night. This morning we're going out for breakfast and some local sightseeing and they want to head for home around Noon.

I didn't sleep very well, so I may need a nap later. Just knowing there were other people in the house must have effected my sleep. I didn't hear anything during the night....just laid awake from about 2:30 - 4. Then DH & I got up around 5. Gabby was a good girl and didn't get up early. She made friends with our visitors and they love her. She was skittish at first, but soon decided they were ok.
--------
Jaz.....Hope Ruger's ears are better today. Have a good trip to the beach!

Nic.....How was the block party? I love that they have some planned events that you're looking forward to.

Trig...How was your dinner at the Japanese place? Hope it was yummy!
------

That's it from here. Just waiting for everyone to get up and then we're going to go meet up with DS for breakfast. Bye!
  #1612   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-21, 06:18

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori so glad you are having fun with your guests. A nice shorter visit is always the best kind of visit Yea I get ya when someone is in the house, anyone staying and we just know deep down something is off....like others in the house HAHA You can nap up later and relax when they head out but a short fun visit is always a good thing.

Japanese was ok. My steak and shrimp did taste like it was cooked on the same grill or wok or whatever with some sauces. I said to the waiter this tastes kinda sweet, is it plain? and he said yea, so I ate some of it and took rest home for my kid to finish off, but I survived thru it!

Nicco....wow....I couldn't do a party squished into the pool house center either but a block party means open space outside. You can wander, and when had enough, you can wander to the edges, wander down the road to your front door and over HAHA
I am so like you, you write this stuff and I just nod my head saying, yes yes I get it! I get exactly what she is saying here!!

It is nice you are shaking up the routine, everyone is loving the DE house (hey you gotta name that house ya know) For our beach house later I am thinking something like a nice plague sign outside saying 'Homestead Paradise' or 'Palm Tree Retreat', I don't know, have to find the house, check out the area and we will hit it with a name. I love seeing all the homes named when we go to the beach. I just find that so cute for some reason, and usually I don't 'do cute' but I wanna name my beach house too HA

Jaz super congrats. I saw down 22! And you are super smart to do 10 lb drops. Tackle only that and before ya know it you got a few more of them under your belt and you are cruising along in fine form

So where are ya now? In the new digs tomorrow in St Simon?

-------------today is simple
got pork country ribs
cheeseburger patties

still wonky a bit. got me cravings happening. I think I am just bored and thinking of food. I NEED this trip over Tday so badly it is crazy.

I checked our Tday buffet cause at this place they are limiting it a bit from the other days....but they got turkey and ham and instead of prime rib roast they are doing sirloin steak.....eh, I can eat one of those, but they listed my crab and tons of other seafood so I should be in good form. Of course the damn price rose per person. $47.99 each so for 3 is $150 right off the bat and then a tip of course, shoot me please but hey, can't take it with ya can ya? might was well spend some of it on me eating crab LOL

nothing doing today, kinda quiet and easy here
sunny but chilly day, but might trim up my outside crape myrtle tree a bit, when hubby parks the RV he whams into some of it and moans about it, so might trim off a tad on one side as usual. get out in the air a bit.

over and out and be good everyone
  #1613   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-21, 15:56

BF:

Hey Ladies!!!!!!!!

Lori- So glad you are having a grand time with your guests. So happy too Betty got a chance to share her story! She has one a great one! I bet she has seen things in her life time! Other cultures respect their elders. I wish we would more!

Did you get the ravioli? Dam that is some good eating!!!!!! You are are goal weight though and can do it. It would send me over the rails. I still have BAD craving unless I keep it super simple and stay on track. But I was thinking .... you are what 5"6, and 156? You are a perfect weight. I would not go lower. Just keep doing what you are doing....keep your muscle! You are doing great girl!!!!!!!

Trig- OMG do I understand getting outta dodge. I hear ya. Hell I am living that gypsy life right now. I can't tell ya how happy I am out of that noose lease.

Ya and STOP on the crappy meals. Cravings come when a nibble here and there grabs us. You and me can not handle that. We need those horse blinders and keep looking straight to what we know works for us.
I find it funny almost that I added a bit more veggies and fish and reduced the red meat and that is my ticket. Fish and veggies. always has been the ticket. But we are all different.

TREAT yourself to that all you can eat crab/good high end meat- hell ya! you bet!!!!!!! When are ya leaving and where are ya going. Sorry- fuzzy brain. Too much stuff going on for me to retain it all.
How is the pup?

NIC- you survived the party- HEHEHEHE. I gotcha!!!! I am so happy you are getting into your new community and truly setting! Hey nothing WRONG at ALL in this stage of life to love taking some time to chill and get to know you. You have been mom, CASA, all those hats you have worn. Now you actually have some time! Take it! Time is priceless - a gift.

Safe travels back
----------------------------------------------------
WHEW WHEW and now kicking up feet with dogger at my side and a glass of wine in hand. LOW CARB / Low % wine.
I ended up packing the trunk up last night but waited to pack the actual car until this morning. Just do to smash and grab ya know.
So I made 8 trips down 3 flights of steps carrying STUFF.
Then another trip down carrying out the trip and 2 more trips to take out pup. LOTS of steps. I said out loud- "Hey NIC I am getting in my 10,000 today!

Once I got here I had to unload up 2 flights. then that the dogger for a really long walk. After I got all that pushed in I went back out to the grocery to get dinner and coffee creamer.
Dinner- rotisserie chicken and a bag of salad. Seriously I have had that ever night for a week.

BUT BUT BUT I am down another pound! I have enough for tomorrow and then pick up a shrimp cocktail for "snacking" and that is all that is in the fridge besides low carb wine and water.

Condo is super super super cute. You know it's funny this will be my 5-6th time here and they are all different. This one has been totally redone and is just fabulous. The light is wonderful- as I am getting the indirect both morning and evening sun. The patio is facing a tree lines fence with tons of foliage and palm trees. Just beautiful - no back neighbors in this unit. I won't even close the curtains. why bother- nobody back there except the squirrels.

I have mostly unpacked and have my internet up finally. I had issues getting connected. All good now. I am in the property manager personal condo. So it will be left in stellar condition- I do anyway. It feels really really good to be "home".

My pup ate a leaf and an acorn- both toxic. I swear it is a full time job keeping this dog healthy. He just will not stop eating shit! Finally he is settled and sitting on my left leg and sleeping. He has never been traveling. He better get used to it if he is going to be with me!

I really love the couch in this condo and plan to get one just like it in my new place. It is the type that sits 3 and then has the chaise on the end. I am stretched out and have low lights- and it is just comfortable. Can't wait to hit the beach early.

Well- I am here until next Sat when I meet the movers in Pooler and hand over keys and call it a day!
I am happy, content and finally feel at home. I just can't picture myself anywhere else. Too bad the healthcare here SUCKS. It truly is the biggest reason I am not staying. Brunswick is on the other side of the bridge and is one of the worst cities for crime and very getto.
Here is very very safe. Like a coccoon. My happy place.

Off to see if I can ge the TV up and on! just BEAUTIFUL HERE - truly.
  #1614   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-21, 06:57

BF:

Good Morning!

Having a low key day after a weekend of busy, busy! It was nice having some extended family here for a visit.

I ate many treats this weekend. Saturday I had my ravioli with mushrooms(ate half) and some bruschetta and also a piece of their homemade bread, also 2 glasses of wine. Not to mention a piece of cupcake that our guests brought....fancy cupcakes...yum. Sunday morning we went out for breakfast. I had a couple eggs and sausage along with sourdough toast....OMG good. Yesterday afternoon I figured WTH and ate another cupcake and finished the ravioli for dinner last night. The scale was up less than a pound this morning, so not too bad for all those carbs. Whew!

Jaz....you wondered about my height....I'm 5'8 and as of this morning, 157.4.

Trig....The tday buffet sounds good. I'm not sure what we're doing, but probably going to our son & DIL's. I just know that I'm not cooking.

Nic.....Hope you had a good trip home. When is your next trip to DE?

-------

On Saturday morning we got a call from the Dr. who is interested in buying Betty's house. He is going to come up with a proposal. This is all so surreal. We'll see what he comes up with and hammer out details. In order for it to work, the agreement has to state that Betty can remain there as long as she can. He has already agreed to that. We're going to call Betty's attorney today and let her know what's happening. The Dr. would like to have the deal done before year end. He said the capital gains tax rate is going up in the new year and doing it now will save Betty $$ on taxes. We'll discuss with our lawyer. We are just twirling here and have to see how Betty feels about it all. She knows in her heart that it would be a good solution, but I know it's hard for her to let go.

DH leaves on Wednesday with DS & DGS17 to go to Illinois hunting deer. They'll be home on Monday afternoon. I'll be in charge of taking care of Betty while DH is gone. This trip has been looming over me and I'll be glad when it's over. I just worry that something will happen while he's gone. It's also a LONG drive for the guys. I'm a worrywart.....what can I say?

Happy Monday!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Nov-15-21 at 07:07.
  #1615   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-21, 09:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

Jaz- Glad you are back in St Simon! Your condo sounds so fabulous! I love backing up to nature like that- we have that here in MD (well, we do have neighbors but to the back they are at a distance and through trees) and we never close curtains or blinds except for severe temperature management.

Ruger will likely be fine eating a stray leaf or acorn or whatever. I think Bella did the same thing yesterday at the dog park. She seems no worse for wear.

You are in such a good place with your weight loss, really rocking the zone. Well done!

Lori- Sounds like such a wonderful time with your friends. I'm glad you enjoyed in all the ways and you are clearly no worse for wear. Very happy for you!

This doctor sounds like the perfect match for Betty's house. And you know, I wonder if she won't feel a sense of relief. I mean, she actually isn't letting it go in that she is still living there and at her age, she surely realizes she can't take it with her! This gives her some control, in a way, and knowing that it is taken care of and won't be left to others to have to manage. I hope that is how she feels, anyway.

I would be concerned with being in charge of her all alone too, I won't lie. Fingers crossed for you!

Trig- I am sure that at the very least the spatula was moving back and forth between items. Hopefully that little bit won't trigger anything for you though.

So our house has the joking-name of The Love Shack. That's working for us right now but we might come up with something else fairly soon.

Everything is so expensive right now, it is just crazy. Food for sure also. Not surprised that the T-day buffet has taken a price jump!

••••••••••••

Back in MD. Both DH and I agree that this has been a whirlwind of a couple of months and our heads are just spinning. We signed a contract toward the end of August, closed end of September and moved in, and have been going back and forth. We are starting to realize that we need to start figuring out how to do this well because we are feeling very happy but also the disruption! Meal planning, good eating etc have all been largely going by the wayside and we are feeling it in more ways than one.

Plus the holidays coming in hot now also. I have never been so discombobulated at the holidays! Halloween went by with barely any notice from us at all- we didn't decorate, buy candy or anything. That hasn't happened in 30 years! No fall decorating either. Heck, by now I am usually quite whiny about wanting a tree up! So yeah, we are off our game (for good reason) and realizing that we need to come up for air. Poor DH is really feeling the effects at work also. It will take some time to develop a rhythm and get good at this two places thing!

ALSO, yes there is more! lol, we have our first kid out of state to plan around with his visit, and him wanting to spend time with us but also (of course) with his fiancee. And DS19 having an apartment now so he will be between us and the Eastern Shore, and DD and SoIL spending time with us but also his parents out on the shore as well. So people coming and going from here and there.. and let's not forget the upcoming wedding Labor Day weekend with its showers and things also! OMG!

So yeah, I am feeling like a porky little piggie, but the good news is that I have planned, will go to the store and get things back on track and in motion again. I am more than ready. I do not like feeling the way I did yesterday or this morning even!

So breathing, one thing at a time, shower and the store so I can get some food going. I am making myself some homemade chicken soup for lunches, pot roast for dinner. I am quite happy eating off those the next few days at least. And I know I will feel better getting some of this bloat off!

Later, gators!
  #1616   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-21, 12:05

BF:

Hi Ladies!

Lori- I am THRILLED for Betty. That seems like a perfect situation for her!!!!! Plus she can stay and have some change in her pocket! PERFECT while she can still have some independence for a bit.

Hey- you are a PERFECT weight! Dang girl don't force your body into a hanger! 5'8 at 157- hello!!!!!!! Just keep it toned up. You got this!

NIC- I know it seems that you are adjusting and finding your way with both places but you are! It will come. Look at it for what it is- HUGE blessing!!!!! It will work itself out! BREATHE and enjoy it all!
Awesome family and awesome spaces. If it doesn't happen for decorating it just doesn't. Toss up a tree and call it a day, or don't. Either way- life rolls on and truly it is not the end of the day. You are in a very exciting time in your life.
Just wait till the DD tells you there is a little one on the way- LOLOLOLOL-

TRIG- Hey there!!!!!! Think of you everytime I hit up the beach. Sun and sand is our happy spot for sure!
Updates! How ARE you doing?
----------------------------------------------------------
OMG- I could tell poor Rugar felt bad so I crated him before bed. Last thing I need is to have to replace a comforter or bedding.
About 2 am I heard him just crying and howling. He was puking and diarrhea at the same time and it was all over him and his blanket. He was terrified. OMG the Blanket- I got hit with the SMELL across the room. Blanket hit the trash and he got a fast bath and I cleaned up the crated and put in a fresh blanket and tried to sleep about 4am.
He of course had to get up at 6- to pee- he was crying again. This poor dog has such a fragile stomach, not to mention he does not do change well at all. I thought he might have some adjustment issues- but dang.
He however, is relaxed if I am right here- I have to be in eye shot.
I slipped out to the grocery this morning to pick up some rice for him and I heard him howling all the way to the parking lot when I got back. Thankfully nobody is under me or on the other side of the hallway. Pretty quiet here. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this puppy stage is going to do me in!!!!!!
He is my last dogger.

Well- It is beautiful and beautiful and beautiful- no other words. The weather is upper 60 and expected to be 75 tomorrow with sun. I am hoping the dogger feels good enough I can go. I just can't go if he is tossing his guts ya know.

I did give him some broth and 2 tablespoons of rice and sprinkled ginger in it. It seemed to settle him. All functions normal now. I have not fed him dog food yet. He needs a "serious" bath this afternoon.

OK enough of puppy news. I am down another 2 pounds and DID CROSS the line. We know that line. I am whispering it as I would be CRUSHED to go over that line again and bounce. I almost didn't say anything as I would love to drop a solid 5 more and just keep going.
But no more 200+ I am in a NEW 10 pound block that is in the 100's WHOOT!!!!!!!!!!! - I am 25 down- 45 to go.

You know it went on SO SO SO fast. I just keep remembering that. It feels like I went to bed and woke up with the fat suit on. I need to just keep going!!!!! It is exciting to see a new curve or slip on a pair of shorts and they no longer fit, they are falling off.

Grouper and shrimp on the menu for tonight. Salad if wanted but getting sorta tired of salad. I dunno - it's here. All good.

Back at ya later!
  #1617   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-21, 05:18

BF:

I'm up- and see I am first to post. I was last yesterday so making up for it!

Rugar- doing so much better today. He got a BIG BATH and smells all sweet and his fur is so soft and cuddly now. Boy did he EVER need a back after all that.
He got solid food this morning- not much. I gave him half to "see". If he is good with that he can have the other half at lunch!

I hit up the beach for a walk after dinner last night as the sun was low in the sky and the moon was coming up. I sent a pic to you all- it is quiet cool. I tell ya it's paradise here, snakes, alligators and all.

Dinner last night was fabulous- fresh grouper in a butter/white wine caper sauce- and steamed broccoli OMG good. Yea I made it, and went back for more grouper. Ate it all. Not feeling the "thinner" side this morning and not getting on the scales.
I will get a few more days in and beach walks then weigh.

So today I will do some job hunt, writing, and maybe take a swim in the heated pool. Temp is going to be 73-74 today and bright sun- perfect beach day. Of course that is on the list to do!!!!! The jelly fish are all gone and the beach is deserted.

Waiting for all you sleepy heads to arrive to the LC / our way party!!!!!!!!!

Back at ya later
  #1618   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-21, 06:38

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....So glad that the pup is doing better! Your beach walk last evening sounds fabulous. Enjoy your day!

Trig & Nic......Have a good one!

------

Nothing much going on today. DH has a busy day, so he'll be in and out. He leaves tomorrow afternoon for his hunting trip with DS & DGS. He's been driving me nuts with packing and worrying about this and that. Sigh.......

Scale was up a bit this morning after an encounter with some cake leftover from the weekend. OY! Only 1 piece, but the carbs are enough to cause some water retention.

That's it from here. I need to pry this cat off my lap so I can make another cup of coffee.
  #1619   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-21, 06:44

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori that is ideal that the house is handled and you guys truly are getting ducks in a row. Nothing worse than estate handling for sure but with the way it is all going down, I think you hit on a good transition when it all happens!

I feel ya on when the DH is away hunting. Hubby would go sometimes for 8-9 days hunting and I feel off without having him available. I know that feeling for sure We don't need them around for stuff, but a just in case...knowing they are close and can help is a nice security but I know you will ok with Betty. You know the routine

Jazz, wow on your doggie. that smells nasty to me here HA
Sounds like your condo is a great fit for you! And the beach and more and WOO HOO under the line. Nothing like ONEderland is there You keep rocking it out, you are doing wonderful.

Nicco.....'the Love Shack' OMG too funny, I like it! errr, love it HA

Yes it does get crazy with 2 homes. I remember my mom buying extra towels and this and that and just handling 2 homes and more is work in itself! Then you will find the ride becomes a pain which is why you kept it shorter near you....that was smart! We had one house that was about 4 hrs away in New Hampshire when I lived in Connecticut....omg that drive was fine in the beginning but then it got too damn long So a shorter drive was smart for you guys, keeps you wanting to go but I sure get your routine being off.

Food is one of the biggest pains with that. Have to shop for that house ya know. Not like you are leaving tons in the fridge etc cause you don't know if you are coming back any given time and that can be annoying. So you work out a good routine and you got it whipped and you will.

------------keeping it simple today
3 nice pork chops
got some leftover pork ribs to finish today and pair up with some tuna and sardines

omg I want crab and tenderloin in the house, like I always ate, so much but the damn prices.
do not get me started

hubby working
kid home 'sick' yea right HAHA

getting mom tomorrow for visit before I go. Greg will cover Tday while we are gone and I will have mom here for over Xmas so he can go home to Asheville---so we got holidays handled.

nothing much doing
got laundry in dryer and hit that and then....I know I will clean something small maybe HA

getting Brrrr, not a fan.
  #1620   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-21, 15:12

BF:

Doggie still has water stools- urghhhhhhh. going to crate him again tonight. Poor baby. But let me tell you I took him to the beach and he ran like a mad man- just ran and ran off leash. Came back to me and it was was so grand. Love this boy. He is back on rick, broth and chicken diet and pumpkin for a minute.

got nothing done today- I did this and that and was a bit scattered.

Going to prop up feet after beach walk #2

Till tomorrow