Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1576   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-21, 16:25

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I just can't get past dark by 430 tomorrow! Set the clocks back------ urghhhhhhhhhhh
Sponsored Links
  #1577   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-21, 06:06

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I'm already tired of this cold weather! Hard to climb out of bed on mornings like this. I'm hoping it warms up a bit before I head uptown to do a bit of art show shopping. Just looked at the weather and it looks like it "may" be in the 40's by Noon.....good grief. We've cancelled golf for tomorrow because we found out that there is a tournament at the same time we were going to go. Oh well, it's not going to be that warm tomorrow anyway. Monday looks good....low 60's.

I just found out that my friend in North Carolina who has been battling ALS for 2 years passed away last night. I'm sad, but at the same time happy that her struggles are over. She has been unable to eat, speak or move from the neck down for over a year. What a horrible disease. She was 67.

Be grateful and happy today my friends.
  #1578   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-21, 06:34

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz so agree on the dark mornings seems weird doesn't it.

Lori, wow, you gave your hubby ONE, just ONE of your shrimp, you are too kind HAHA I just laughed reading that but omgosh I hate when the meat comes as gristle and fat and is inedible, I tell ya, I would have returned that in a flash and got another meal choice, I don't 'do icky' and pay for it anymore. If nasty back it goes, I ain't shy no more on my food I get out anymore I ordered a big old ribeye and that is all the menu said, came with this onion weirdo lumpy gravy all over it and back it went....but nothing worse then when the meal you buy is just nasty, I feel your DH on that

I am same with my hubby right now. Working 6 days a week. Never see him and yet we are 'semi retired' and I feel I am not even in the 'mode' we should be in...but eh, it is what it is LOL

So sorry about your friend Lori

Nicco.
wow it seems to be all about your DH just having good times now and it seems to work into his plans....love it.

and your craft fair sounds fun and I love the handmade side table you got. I love the artist work of unique stuff and it sounds like you got a great one, AND with Raven colors? lucky find on that!

-----------mom here, hubby to work, kid sleep, dog sleep
me, just doing and seeing how day goes

got pork country ribs and NY Strip steak

blah day, COLD out there, way too much for me, I ain't gonna survive this winter HA

be good everyone

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sun, Nov-07-21 at 05:19.
  #1579   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-21, 11:35

BF:
Talking

Good Morning From wet, cold, and rainy SE GA!!!!!!

I am so on island time and mode right now it isn't funny. So funny just how fast that transition happened! Boom- Island time and Island life. I even switched my radio station to St. Simon tunes!

Best thing that happened to me- I am FREE. No lease, no dying on my desk. I so could be a traveler the rest of my days and be happy as a lark. I am happiest with no strings attached. I wasn't always this way. I did the entire married and raising kids and all the white picket house thing for 30 year. Explains my need for me now!!!!

TRIG- So Mom changed her mind? Cool you have such a great relationship with her. Enjoy her to the fullest that you can!
I agree with Lori- Love those you can LOVE while we can ya know!!!!

Yup yup yup on good eats today! You got this.

Hey if your hubby love his job and brings in a few$$$$ and it sounds like he can come and go for trips ect- perfect!!! Guy relate to WORKING. It is the entire man thing! Let him as long as he can!

Lori- I am so sorry to hear about your friend with ALS!!!!!! I know if it well. I know two people personally that went through that. It is a just Awful way to go. My best friend in high school- her mom got it. It took her about 2 years as well to pass. In the end she could only blink. I tell ya- I would end it personally if were me. I would never let it get that far. But hey that is me. I am very pro end of life making your own way!
I totally understand though the fight to make it. I have been in healthcare too long to know. My perspective is a bit less hopeful. Well- I am so sorry- and I hope that she is now running free and released from the chains of this body that held her. I do believe she is in a much better place!!!! It is hard to watch people suffer.

So agreed love those around you everyday. Gratitude for what we have is essential as well!!!!!!!

NIC-
You are in route to your happy space in DE and that makes me happy!!!!!!!!!! Check in when you get settled!
-------------------------------------------------

Just took my Turkey breast out of oven, raining crazy and 40's here. I had to walk the pooch in the cold blustery rain! URGHHHHH- But it was SO nice to walk back in and smell and wonderful oven baked dinner just waiting when I want it.

Ok ladies- need to start filling boxes- I am procrastinating!

PS- My son is coming for TG in St. Simon- we are making chicken/ fish- nothing out of every day eating. He signed up for a Turkey trot 5k- and we will hit up beach! PERFECT TG day I might add.
  #1580   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-21, 04:51

BF:

Good Morning!

What a night! DH was up and down 3 times from eating ice cream that did not agree with him. Then Gabby didn't get the memo about the time change and got me up at 4:45. She's been letting us sleep till 5:30 or so....and quite often she's still sleeping when we get up, but today she came and got me. Can't blame her, the time change screws everybody up. Hope I can grab a nap this afternoon.

I picked up a nice mug from the pottery lady yesterday. She was set up in our local candy store.....you know that didn't end well. I bought a small box of candy for DH and just a few pieces for me, but it was enough to send the scale up. I also ate a whole pint of low carb ice cream for dinner. Yesterday was not a good day. I really need to plan my day better today.

Our son is running the NYC Marathon today! He just texted me that he and his teammates are grabbing a taxi to Battery Park and then taking the ferry to Staten Island where they will start. They run thru all 5 boros. 26.2 miles....can you imagine? He doesn't start until Noon and I have an App on my phone to track him.

Ok....more coffee for me and I'm hungry already....sigh.
  #1581   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-21, 05:25

BF:

Lori...wow on that ice cream....you and DH had an ice cream fest in the house not something we eat much of anymore is it?

My dog didn't get the time change either. At '5' am he got all excited for his slim jim and pills that he always gets at 6 am....hey I caved, gave it to him and he is covered for the day LOL

I still have clocks I got to change around here

Very cool you can track your son on an app as he runs thru the boroughs. Love that. 26 miles...woof...more power to all those who can handle that!!

Jaz, island time. You love it and I love it...heehee....nothing like it!

So what about St Simon condo again? Where are you going to live, I can't remember it all LOL

Nicco need a check in when ya can. Hope all is good

------------simple easy day today

NY Strip steak
pork tenderloin

who knows what I will feed everyone else. omg the kitchen, I despise the kitchen and cooking and for mom it seems I cook ALOT and ugh but I enjoy her woofing down the food but I hate the darn dishes to handle HA

all good, just cruising thru a simple easy day here
  #1582   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-21, 06:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

Quick check in from me before I tackle the to-do list- I'm DE bound today and need to be there by 1 for the football game. DH and I have big recliner plans!

Trig- yeah I guess you are doing more cooking with your Mom there- makes sense. Soon you will be down to just you and the Chop for real. I cook about twice a week on average now. A little more for me with lunch or whatever but I'm talking main meals. We do leftovers and whatnot.

Lori- VERY cool on your son and running the NYC marathon! I hope it is a safe event! My brother ran the Marine Corps marathon in DC once. I was very impressed!

Jaz- Hope the packing is going well. You are an old pro now so you will do just fine getting ready in time. I know you will be glad to be back in St Simon.

••••••

Another cold morning here but will warm up nicely. One thing I am noticing so far watching DE weather is that the coast doesn't get as cold at night. They are already up in the 50s and it is only 34º here. There will definitely be a lot to learn as we go through our first winter in both places!

I've got a long to-do list here- I need to vacuum since I put it off ALL WEEK, do trash and recycling, check the fridge for anything that needs to be tossed, pack what food I'm taking into a cooler, pack up other miscellaneous stuff, get the dogs packed up and in the car. PLUS I have to go over to DD's and do kitty care this morning. They come back today. So a lot going on the next two hours. I really need to get moving! At least I have showered. lol

Ok, that's it for now. I gotta head out but I will check in more later on today I hope. I'll be in DE for a week!
  #1583   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-21, 08:42

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig- So mom came after all huh?!?!? I think its great your mom can still "wolf it down". There there are those nasty dishes!!!! I always hate doing dishes too. I even have a dish washer. But it seems like you have to wash them anyway before you put the dishes in it.

I am packing up here next Sunday. I will be there until March 1. I will come back here on the 20th to meet the movers and go back to St. Simon. So basically I am outta here in a week until March. Then I will be going somewhere else!
Island life through the winter- I LOVE IT.

Are you getting excited about your trip? When do you leave? Your going to SC right?

NIC- I am so loving "living vicariously" through your trips to DE! Because I was there I can picture it as you write it!
BTW- The Ravens LOST to OSU- HEHEHE. So the recliners came and game day! I can't think of a better way to spend your day!
Is DH staying the week with you? Have the kids visited you there yet? Have you decided which house you are having thanksgiving in?

Lori- Oh wow on that NYC marathon!!! 26 miles - no thank you!!!!! That is some serious running! I have a friend who is in NYC this weekend! They are going to a broadway play. Have you ever see a broadway play?

I too was worried the pup would get me up and want to go out early this morning. He is such a sleeper though. I napped yesterday afternoon he was right there napping too! Then I went to bed and sleep 9 hours- he is a good boy.
Do you get naps in sometimes? Love me a good nap on a cold and rainy afternoon. That was yesterday!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Whew packing. Yeah I tell I got this down! However, I did sorta hobble out of bed this morning. My knees are feeling this move!!!!

I tell ya the next place I go after the island will not be on the 3 floor with steps!!!!! HAHAHAHA - no elevator! I really think in all honesty the steps have helped with the scales!

Thankfully I was able to reel in that stress eating pretty darn fast. It doesn't take any time at all to go off the rails and pack on the pounds. Back on track and lost that bloat and back to loose shorts! HAHAHA. It is still warm enough most days (not yesterday)- that I can still get the shorts out in the afternoon.

St. Simon is only 45 from the Florida boarder right on the ocean so it does stay fairly warm.

So I am almost done packing the kitchen. The kitchen is always the longest and hardest to pack. So I will finish that and only leave out a skillet and one baking dish and pack everything else. Oh yes and my coffee pot. I am thinking I can tackle the office then that will be done. I have already packed up all the computers and monitors and shipped them back. Good riddance.

I am going to sort through clothes and that will be a tomorrow job I think. I am going to donate to Goodwill some of those too!

Todays eats- crab cakes and kale salad. Done and done. I ask the store manager at the grocery here to order that crab cake mixture from Old Bay. It finally came so I might have to buy some more to take with me! Those are hard to come by.

Ok- one more cup of coffee then gotta work!

Later
  #1584   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-21, 09:54

BF:

Jaz......How exciting to be packing up to move to your beloved St. Simons! I would be smiling while packing, that's for sure!

Yes, I've been to Broadway. We saw "The Lion King". My favorite theater experience was seeing "The King & I" at the London Pallidium. It was so awesome.

Got my workout done and now I'm just waiting for our son to start running so I can track him on the App. We're watching the "elite" runners on TV now.
  #1585   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-21, 06:29

BF:

Nicco with your big big brood gone you must have cut down your kitchen duty so much I know you still do some big dinners etc when ya'll get together but having all that cooking off you daily with the kids being adults and doing their own thing has to almost be a shocker for you...but a good shocker

Jaz, OK you are in St Simon til March.....in that time you need to find new digs after, so it will hopefully be St Simon still or you might pick Summerville or somewhere else. Good luck thru the move and get settled fast....girl you are always bobbing and weaving and shaking thru it all....love that!

Lori I did Broadway long time ago when we used to take the Path train into NYC from Jersey. I saw Nunsense, it was so darn good. Never been back, once was more than enough for me HA

-------------damn near went into full carb binge crazy last night.
yikes
mom and kid wanted this and that for dinner, so cooking I did and I started to taste, and nibble, forkfuls and damn near was gonna eat up a ton of crap but I stopped myself. I am glad I did cause I am bloaty off what I did have, if I went all in and ate insane I would be a train wreck this morning LOL

OMG some days ya know.

I am still in some 'off mood'....can't put my fingers on it but darn I need this beach trip coming up to get me the hell out of Dodge!

Will eat simple today but will eat plenty and eat good for sure. trying to get my brain back on track
  #1586   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-21, 07:09

BF:

Monday Morning! Where is Lori????? Don't tell me Trig and I are the early birds! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sun is out and it's going to warm up. I am going to open up these windows and get some fresh air. I am aiming for a 30 minute walk FINALLY as it is drying up from those monsoon rains over the weekend.

Packing and packing and packing is the word of the day. Kitchen is DONE! Once the kitchen is done the rest is nothing. Emptied the hutch as well and have about 20 boxes stacked up on the wall.

Today I want to get as much FINSHED as possible.

TRIG- Keep your spoon outta the crap! As you say point blank WE are not the type to be able to nibble and treat. No can do.
I almost lost it last week and the scale went up so fast and the shorts came unbuttoned quicker than you can say bloat. Yup- Look the other way.

Go get yourself a real treat and get a mess of crab legs and butter and really TREAT yourself! Top then on top of a steak for surf and turf! Now that is a real meal work sinking your teeth into. We do need to have those treat to keep us in line. Something to look forward to!

Or get some salami and cheese roll those up and dunk them in a pizza sauce! No carbs and tastes amazing.
You got this- I know you do. Just giving you a hand off the cliff.

How long is your momma staying? When do you leave for the beach? We might both be traveling same day! I am leaving here Sunday.
Yes I am SMILING PACKING these boxes Lori! .

Lori- You sleeping in this morning? I find that hard to believe with the time change and all. Golf today or is that tomorrow?

You still happy with those Freshly Boxes? Someone here in the complex get them. They put them in the mailing center. I is amazing to me that whoever gets them lets them SIT there for a few days!!!! WTH?!?!?!? GROSS-

Things still humming along with Betty? Any house news? Was that a go- offer in writing?

NIC- Hey there!!!!! How was your recliner time? Did your team win? I stand corrected - it was the BROWNS that kicked the Ravens butts not OSU. - the BROWNS for gosh sake.

What is on your docket today?
---------------------------------------------------------
Todays list:
finish packing
get a few more small boxes for the little stiff
hit up the liquor store for glass boxes- and a small gift to self.
walk- in the sun
start my gratitude journal-

Gratitude journal- I have always wanted to start one but never have. So in my packing I came across a bright hot pick leather journal with 300 pages. All blank and ready to fill. I just love a blank journal- It is filled with the promise of something new and fresh starts. So it seems appropriate to start it today.
Goal is to find 20 things a day I am grateful for.

So the science behind gratitude and weight loss- there is one. So when you are in a state of gratitude your cortisol levels go down and therefore your body can process your food in a no inflammatory way and not store everything as fat. You move from the fight/flight mode to a state of contentment. I am going to give it a 30 day experiment.

Gratitude: 2- for the day: I love coming here everyday and seeing each of you. I call you friends and am grateful for your commitment. Time is precious and writing here everyday takes discipline and and also a sense of us coming together to share. I love it and am grateful.

PS- first thing I was grateful for was being able to get out of bed- COFFEE is also up there!
  #1587   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-21, 07:25

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm here, I'm here!! I've been surfing the net and just puttering around this morning. i'm about to hit my exercise room and get my workout done for the day. Heading to the golf course around 10:30. I just don't know how to dress. I think it will get near 60, so I have to just wear what sounds right and take along an extra jacket. Golf today and tomorrow.

Jaz......I stopped all food boxes. It was handy, but I'm trying to keep better control over the types of oil used in cooking etc. They used too many seed oils and who knows what. Plus.....FedEx shipping was unreliable and I got tired of that mess.

Nothing new on Betty's house. We are in no hurry for that phase, but hoping when the time comes that the Dr. is still interested. He sure seemed to be.

Trig.....Good on you for stopping at a couple bites of the "bad" stuff. It's hard when there is so much swirling around you.

Nic.....Whew! A nail biter of a game yesterday, right? I could picture you yelling at the TV! Turned out well though. Enjoy your week at the beach!

------------

I've been reading and watching some YouTube videos about the new WW plan that came out today. I signed up under a link that gives me a month free. I just wanted to see what it's all about. I'm running it side by side with MyFitnessPal to see how it compares with calories etc. It's just a game to me.....something to do that keeps my focus on healthy eating. I'm still LC and focusing on protein.....nothing has changed.

Well, gotta get this workout done, grab a shower, eat some breakfast and then head to the golf course. Busy day!
  #1588   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-21, 13:45

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey chicks!

Jaz, yeah I knew you meant the Browns. Ravens are top of their division this year although they were horrible yesterday too. They have looked great except the last two games were iffy at best.

Good for you, getting so much packing done! That will make things much easier.

BTW re: the crab cake mix. We've stopped using it and just mix up our own using the recipe on the crab container and subbing in pork rind panko and a bit of grated parm. Works very well!

Love the idea of the gratitude journal!

Trig, big hugs and good on you for avoiding a binge on carbs. My eating has not been good as of late so I really applaud you! You do so well sticking to your guns. I'm trying to ratchet back. (is that the right way to say that?!)

I was thinking of you today, more on that below.

Lori- I actually had DH giving me the blow-by-blow of the overtime. I was walking the dogs- I had not realized it was going to go to over time and I had told them we were going for a walk and gotten ready. Then of course I felt too guilty to make them wait. I was surprised we pulled out a win on that game!

WW- I know it works for some people, but I am not a fan myself. I just can't deal with the lean meat, eat nonfat crap. It really bugs me, even though I do think one absolutely can lose weight that way. I'm too indoctrinated in LC ways (even though I am not as adherent as I should be.)

Hope golf was good today!

•••••••••••

Wassup, all? Chilly morning, beautiful sunny day but breezy- needs a jacket. But that is normal for November after all!

Lazy-ish day here so far. Walked the dogs twice, read a chapter of Soundtracks (my book this month) and have done a few other varied things.

Trig- I was thinking of you this morning because I came across the word "ennui" in a book I was reading and had to look it up. It is defined as: "a feeling of listlessness or boredom (or 'mentally tired') caused by having nothing interesting or exciting to do."

You wrote today that you are in an "off mood" and you have mentioned that a few times over the year. I have felt that too and the word struck me as defining one of the feelings I have been having.

In keeping with that, I saw on FB yesterday that the kids' old school is hiring subs. It literally said "work as little or as often as you want" and I was like YES that would work for me.. a day here and there on Maryland weeks, just to keep me better occupied. So turned in an application for that, specifying Preschool-Elem for now. We'll see how it goes but I do best with a little something going on but lots of freedom to say No whenever I want to. I'm not doing MoW anymore, my CASA case is over (and I was just asked to do another one with some new babies coming in but I said no.. two three years long cases is enough for me!) and unless someone asks me to Doula for them I'm stepping out of that as I don't want to put the time and energy into growing a business. But I also don't like too many empty squares on my calendar either.

DH is in bed, knocked out by a migraine. He has TMJ and apparently this time it hit hard. Too bad, he was having a nice time- went and played pickleball at midday.

That's it for me. I may wander out for a while, or I may just lay low today.
  #1589   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-21, 14:49

BF:

Nic.....Yeah, the old WW was all the processed and non-fat stuff, but it's a bit different now. As I said, I'm not eating any differently than I have been, just playing with their new personal points system and seeing how it compares to the way I log on MyFitnessPal. Still eating high protein and LC, as usual.

It was a beautiful day for golf! I played like crap, but it was nice being outside in short sleeves!
  #1590   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-21, 14:53

BF:

Ladies- So glad to see we are all present and accounted for!!!!!
Sounds like you all humming along well. I would love to be a bug on your wall NIC and watch you just CHILLIN and exploring your environment and just "Being".
I like the fact you are thinking about things to fill that "white space". That being said I would be very careful to fill it too fast. Take some high quality time and learn to be comfortable to explore your passion rather than just filling time.......Just a thought. You have be so so so busy the last few months, it make sense to wait until Spring and see where you are.

Lori- I am with Nic on the no on WW. However it just might be the answer for you!!!! I find that when I am told what to do I run the other way!!!!! I fail miserably on those programs. But people do well- I am just not one of them.

I don't blame ya for ditching the Freshly boxes. You have more control with doing so.

I am happy you get a few more day in on the golf course!

TRIG- I found interesting what NIC said to you as far as being possible bored. Have you thought about starting to look into where you might want to go? That takes time and energy. It will be here before you know it. Plus I think you would find exploring and looking up beauty cities interesting. I sure do! Then get your list to visit together!
----------------------------------------
Finished packing the kitchen, office, and located a storage unit, changed my address. I also hit up the pet store to get dog food and treats, and picked up a piece of fish for dinner. It was delish.

I still need to clean up the kitchen a bit. You know when you move that last few days everything is in chaos. Where is my...... fill in blank!

Did a fun day flip with Tesla today- dang that was fun...... yeah- still doing those. Keeps me on my "Wall Street" toes and makes some extra dimes here and there.

Meal and kitchen closed. Sunny and bright- going now to lace up those shoes and take the pup for a walk. He is getting lazy. He ate an entire pig ear in one sitting and now sleeping it off. HAHAHA

Still watching LOST.............

Not adjusted to time change. Not that it matters right now. I go to bed when I am tired and get up when rested.