Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 02:50
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 397/364/154 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Nando`s Sauces Or Low Carb Sauces

[SIZE=3][FONT=courier new][COLOR=deeppink] HEY YOU ALL,HAVE BEEN TAKING A BREAK FROM LOW CARBING FOR THE LAST 3 WEEKS AS I GOT PEEVED OFF WITH BEING IN A STALL, STARTED BACK ROSEMARY COLNEY LOST 9 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS, BUT I MISS MY MAYO, AND FATTY MEAT SO IM BACK, STARTED INDUCTION TODAY,I LOVE NANDO`S SAUCES I ONLY USE 1 DESERT SPOON FOR 6 CHICKEN BREAST TO MARINADE THEM DO YOU THINK THAT WAS STALLING ME, I CUT OUT SUGAR FREE SQUASH, I CUT OUT THE HERTA HOT DOGS AND STILL COULD NIT GET OUT OF MY 4 WEEK STALL,PLEASE HELP ME, ROCH
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 01:49

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Exclamation So you stalled

Roch

You may have stalled for a number of reasons, many of which are probably not because you were eating too many carbs. This happens to all of us.

Great to hear that you lost 9 pounds on Rosemary C, now to keep that off.

You say you missed your fatty meat and mayo. I wonder if this is the key here. Could you have been eating too many calories. Some of us find that we need to count calories as well as carbs. If you are regularly eating more than 10 times your bodies weight in calories and not doing lots and lots of exercise you will not lose weight. The reason being that you are supplying all the fat your body needs for energy in the food that you are eating.

I suggest that you join Fitday.com , if you have not already, and log in a typical days food. This will show you how many calories you are eating as well as the proportions of carbs, protein and fat. You need to keep the carbs around 5%, the fat between 60 and 70% and the rest as protein.

See if that helps. I found out through trial and error that too many calories put me into a stall and I can even gain weight.