Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 09:30
Jen B

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default I may be on to something here .......

I have had fibromyalgia symptoms and fatigue for about 14 years, and it has gotten worse and worse over time. No therapy I've ever tried has ever touched my pain and fatigue, or made any difference in the progression of this disease. And I have tried endless dietary approaches, endless supplementation, two kinds of allergy testing, several types of chiropractic, electrical stimulation treatment, homeopathy, Bowen therapy, Reiki, foot reflexology, Rolfing, hypnosis, and exercise. Eating low carb is certainly helping many aspects of my health, and I am committed to LC for life, but as far as easing my pain or helping with this disease, it has done nothing.

Many years ago, I got a very strong feeling that something had invaded my body. That feeling has persisted to this day, but I was never able to figure out what may have invaded me. Doctors certainly didn't have a clue, and simply wanted to give me pain medication and other pharmaceuticals, which I refuse. I don't need band-aids; I want a cure!

I have recently come across information on the net that supports the notion that fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and a whole list of other ailments are caused by mycoplasmal infection. An infection! A long-term, progressive, undetected infection! Mycoplasmas are known as stealth pathogens and are not readily apparent. When I read this information for the first time, a light bulb came on in my head. Somewhere deep inside me, I somehow knew that this was the bit of information that I have been searching for all these years. This must be the reason that nothing has worked. The reason I had felt that my body had been invaded is because it had!

http://www.rain-tree.com/fibromyalgia.htm

The link above is just one of the many articles I've read that makes absolute sense, and makes this concept very clear. The first page is rather technical and hard to get through, but the links below the first paragraph present informaton that is easier to understand.

The treatment protocol suggested for elimination of mycoplasma pathogens seems to be rotating long-term cycles of pharmaceutical antibiotics. Now, I am one of those people that believe that pharmaceutical antibiotics are dangerous and not even that effective. Each type of antibiotic only reaches a few pathogens, and then in no time, those pathogens become immune to the antibiotic. And the side effects are atrocious!

I believe that there are antibiotics in nature that are much more user friendly and actually work. Oregano oil is one, and it is excellent with any form of virus. But mycoplasmas are not a virus, and I'm not sure that oil of oregano would get through to these deep stealth pathogens. What I have found that may work is colloidal silver. Colloidal silver is known to kill about 650 types of bacteria, and never has an immunity by any of them been noted.

But not just any colloidal silver will do. It has to be very tiny particles of silver. I won't go into great detail about colloidal silver here. There's plenty of information on the net. There's also lots of scare tactics and propaganda put out there too by the FDA and other agencies that are watchdogs for the pharmaceutical industry, and are doing their best to keep the secret of the effectiveness of colloidal silver from becoming known in the public domain.

I'll just cut to the chase here. I have purchased a colloidal silver generator that produces a product with 10-12 parts per million of silver suspended in distilled water. The particle size is as small as .0008 microns, which is the smallest I've seen in any product anywhere, and is supposedly the size that is effective at seeking out and killing the mycoplasma stealth pathogens.

Yesterday, I began my experiment. I'm ingesting 8 ounces per day, which is a fairly large dosage. (The normal supplement or "maintenance" dose of colloidal silver would be 1 tsp. per day or every couple days.) I'm holding each gulp under my tongue for the best sublingual absorption, and ingesting it on an empty stomach throughout the day, even away from any water drinking.

I just wanted to post this thread, because I plan on updating my results as time goes on. It may take a month or so to see any results. I also thought that there might be others who would benefit from the information about the suspected infectious nature not only of Fibromyalgia, but of conditions such as Arthritis, Gulf War Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Lupus, AIDS/HIV, autoimmune diseases, ALS, psoriasis and Scleroderma, Crohn's and IBS, cancer, endocrine disorders, Multiple Sclerosis, and diabetes.

There's also information about this recently in my journal.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 10:36
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Should be interesting to see your results.

My Fibro is in complete remission since I got my thyroid and adrenal hormones in check (even though my lab results showed "normal"). I was one of the lucky ones, although it took a lot of persistance.

All the best.....
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 13:22

Plan: gluten free lc
Stats: 200/130/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 175%

Interesting...I was tested for mycoplasma infection and am getting the results tomorrow. I don't know what the ND will suggest if I test positive. Like you, I've also tried many things thru the years. I remember trying colloidal silver a couple of years ago and didn't get a reaction, but then I never took as much per day as you're trying. I'll be interested in watching your experiment and hope you have success.

Last edited by Gailew : Sun, Jan-29-06 at 13:42.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 16:29
Jen B

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

The following link gives lots of information about colloidal silver, more than any other site I've found. The site is, of course, presenting their own brand, but the general information presented is pretty thorough.

http://alchemistsworkshop.com/_wsn/page3.html
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 17:24

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi Jen.very interesting reading and somewhere( cant rememeber who it was ) I have heard people talking about the same thing. I will be very interested to hear how you go. I have two friends who have 'fibro' quite bad also. Good luck
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 08:29

Plan: Aspiring Paleo
Stats: 144/136/127 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

HI Jen,

wow, thatis very interesting. I hope this works for you. Please post your results and let us know how it goes!

--Andie
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 11:56
Registered Member

Plan: Reduced carbs
Stats: 163/148/132 Female 160
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi Jen

I have had fibro for at least 4 years and i am now under investigation for Lyme Disease which is caused by bacteria called Borrelia (another stealth pathogen).

I have sent blood samples off to the Bowen lab in the US and to another one in Germany, as I think I got bitten there. The German lab test has come back positive. The treatment: antibiotics.

Like you I felt as if something invaded my body when I first got ill but all the usual blood tests were negative. It was only when a friend of mine got back in touch with me after many years who had Lyme Disease, and after comparing symptoms, they were almost identical.

I believe that there are different causes for fibro and I am very hopeful that I have found mine. I will go ahead with antibiotics if my doctor offers them. For the past few weeks I have been taking a herb called Samento (Cat's claw) which has antimicrobial properties. There is lots of info (negative, as it has to be treated with caution, it is very powerful, and positive) on the net about it. There is also a salt/vit c protocol that I am looking into but I am not sure about it yet.

You are definitely onto something!

Good luck and best wishes

Michaela
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 12:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hi Jen
Very interesting !
I looked up your link for the colloidal silver and they want 26.00 for 4oz's. That is very expensive if you are taking 8 oz a day?
Are you taking it some other way (less expensive)?
I am going to do further reading but you have really tweaked my curiosity. Thanks
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 17:59
Jen B

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

http://www.silveredgehealth.com/index.html

I bought the micro-particle generator at the site above. It's no. 5 on the list. This is the only machine I found that makes this small of a particle at home. Making it myself is the only way I can afford to do this in the quantities that I think may be necessary.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-06, 14:14
Jen B

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

UPDATE:

My aggressive approach with a high dose of colloidal silver (CS) was delayed because the generator I purchased had a problem and I had to return it. I got a new generator Friday and yesterday was my first day of taking 8 ounces of colloidal silver water with 4 drops of H2O2 (see below).

In the meantime, I was reading about a woman that has cured herself of multiple sclerosis using CS. It took 2 years for her to cure herself, and absence of the disease has been confirmed by MRI. Her name is Nancy Delise, and she has explained through journaling how she improved, what it felt like, how much CS she took, different milestones along the way, etc. (If you type her name in the browser, you'll find information about her.) She had found out that her MS was caused by mycoplasmal infection, the same thing that is suspected in AIDS, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, etc.

Nancy started out doing 16 oz of silver water per day. She said that it took about 3 weeks on a high dosage of CS before she began to see improvement in some of her symptoms. She talks of having a lot of pain and discomfort during the mycoplasmal die-off phases. This process can take a while. She said on week 12: "I feel like a caterpillar in a cocoon. I wonder if they have pain during the metamorphosis." She was apparently still feeling pain then, but felt like she was going through a metamorphosis - a very positive sign indeed.

After 1-1/2 years, she came across some research and found out that adding a drop of hydrogen peroxide (H202) per each 2 oz of CS helped break down the silver particles more and allowed them to penetrate to the level needed more effectively and quicker. She said if she had known about this earlier, her recovery time would have increased a great deal. (I just happen to have some food grade H202 in the freezer, and I am adding 4 drops to my 8 oz daily dosage. This is the 35% H202, not the kind in the medicine cabinet.)

I had a strange night last night. I woke up with a nauseaus feeling and a lot more body pain than usual, even in my arms and other places where I'm not used to feeling it. I was cold and then hot, breaking out in a sweat, and then getting cold again, almost like I had a fever. After I got up this morning, I had some severe diarrhea. I've been in bed all day with nausea, pain, and just feeling generally crappy.

I think my aggressive approach with CS yesterday has caused some die-off activity. The die-off of bacteria is supposed to magnify symptoms for a while, creating more pain than usual. The nausea and diarrhea has me thinkng that maybe there's some candida overgrowth dying off too. I actually welcome die-off pain and symptoms, because I'm really wanting what is on the other side of this.

Needless to say, I'm feeling like things are happening, and I'm excited and intrigued. I'll post further experience.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-18-06, 21:24

Plan: Atkins/Eades
Stats: 360/277/170 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I will be watching with interest Jen. You have been through a lot. You are goinging to be one tough cookie in the end! Continuing to remember you in my prayers.

mike
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-06, 07:21
Jen B

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Thanks, Mike! You're right about me being a tough cookie!

This is day 11 of my aggressive CS approach. The die off activity went away, and now my pain is sort of moving around more, and it's more 'sore' than the usual dull ache. There are changes occurring, but I don't know how to qualify or quantify it yet.

I can't be impatient. I have had this condition for a very long time. It will probably take some time to see any blatant results. I am optimistic and my intention is strong. I think my mental state has a lot to do with my progress.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 11:37
Jen B

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Well, guess what! I had a muscle testing session with an alternative healer the other day, and he confirmed that I do not have any mycoplasmal infection or any stealth virus in my body. He did, however, say that I have an overgrowth of candida yeast in my intestines.

My approach using the colloidal silver is still sound, and it is supposed to kill off the yeast. I've added oil of oregano (Oreganol super strength), 3 drops under the tongue twice per day. This combo seems to be kicking a$$, as my die-off symptoms are getting pretty intense. I've also made all the dietary adjustments to cut out anything that would feed yeast, and I've added a cup of Stoneyfield plain yogurt per day. I'll start making my own yogurt soon.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 19:33

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hello there Jen.just checking in again to see bow you are doing.it's been awhile since you posted on this thread. We are all keen to hear how you are.
Pamela
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 02:41

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

I don't know if you are aware but coconut oil is also a strong antifungal.... I just started using it myself for yeast... Keep us updated... I just started the oil or organo today...that stuff is strong...liquid...constant burning...let's see how I feel tomorrow...

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Thu, Mar-23-06 at 03:06.