Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-16, 06:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Good morning ladies!

Thanks Chrissie. It feels good to be back in the 80's again. I stayed the same this morning, 189.0, so I am happy camper as I was worried that I might gain eating real food again yesterday. 2 pounds down for the week for a total of 60. Love this CNS!

It is CN for me today, we are going to dinner at a Mexican restaurant that is hubs (Les) choice. My youngest Son, (Jacob who is 19) all do CNS and each alternate on picks for CN dinner out. It works out well. I cook all week and we go out on CN.

Hope you have a good loss this morning Paulette.

Have a great day all.
Rox
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-16, 07:59

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

ROX - Congrats on the new decade!!!!

How fun to do a CN with the family! You are a lucky person! I hope your Mexican meal is delicious and good for the soul!

CHRISSIE - Congrats on another lb down!!!!! I hope YOUR CN is enjoyable today, too!

Today seems to be CN day for everyone! I am planning to have mine tomorrow for sure. And I am going to have Sloppy Joes. All I need to do is buy the buns today. I am going to make a peach crumble for dessert, too. I have all the ingredients for that. I am making a fat-free version and I know it will be great because I made it with blueberries once and it turned out fine.

Today I will keep the calories low. Unless I get super hungry later on, that is. But I have my cod thawing out, and my Cashew Milk, and my yogurt, and I think I shall be fine. I am aiming for 560 calories today, so let's see how that goes.

You all have a great day and a sunny weekend! Our sun is fianlly out again today, so I plan on getting out there.
  #93   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-16, 08:02

BF:

Sheesh, I almost forgot! I am down another .4 lbs today for a low of 202.6.

I want to see Onederland next month! I hope it does not take too long!
  #94   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-16, 11:54

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Smile

PAULETTE.....good going GF!!
ONEderland.....here you come!!

ROX......enjoy your cruise in the stable mabel mobile
and enjoy your mexican CN tonight
  #95   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 09:14

Cool good morning!!

a 3.1 lb CN gain........i've done worse

have a great day!!!!!
  #96   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 10:59

BF:

Stayed the same weight today. And I am going to do my CN. I'm happy I went down a bit for the week! I lost .8 lbs, but I was hoping my fasting days would let me see a bit more. I am not complaining, though!

Chrissie - You had a normal CN gain. I'm glad, and I hope it disappears quickly! May you see a nice loss this week!

My peach cobbler is done baking and is cooling on the stove now. We will be making the sloppy joes later this afternoon. I may sample that cobbler as soon as it is cooled off (in about and hour I guess), so this CN will start around 1pm today. A little earlier than last week's. I am figuring about 1800-some calories and about 225 carbs for the day. That is a good number. And the fat is being kept very low today.

You all have a great day!
  #97   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 11:11

Lightbulb paulette......

thank you! me too!!
overall you are going down, down, down...and THAT is what counts
she'll be comin' round the onederland mountain when she comes.....

i usually start my CN around 1pm.......if i eat too late into the evening/night (especially carbs), i get heartburn & can't sleep

please feel free to send some of that peach cobbler my way!!
  #98   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 12:59

BF:

That peach cobbler turned out AWESOME. A couple bags of frozen peach slices on the bottom of the pan, about 1/2 a box of sugar-free yellow cake mix sprinkled over them, and pour about 1/2 a can of diet Mountain Dew (maybe a bit more than 1/2) on top. Bake for about an hour. That is it. Still plenty of carbs without all the calories. And tastes GREAT. The recipe called for the entire box of cake mix, but 1/2 seemed sufficient to me.
  #99   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 14:06

Arrow paulette......

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
That peach cobbler turned out AWESOME. A couple bags of frozen peach slices on the bottom of the pan, about 1/2 a box of sugar-free yellow cake mix sprinkled over them, and pour about 1/2 a can of diet Mountain Dew (maybe a bit more than 1/2) on top. Bake for about an hour. That is it. Still plenty of carbs without all the calories. And tastes GREAT. The recipe called for the entire box of cake mix, but 1/2 seemed sufficient to me.

THANK YOU!
  #100   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 14:11

Exclamation paulette......

pan size greased, or no
oven temp
cook for how long?

pain in the butt, ain't i??

#101   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 16:02

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieL
pan size greased, or no
oven temp
cook for how long?

pain in the butt, ain't i??

Detailed Instructions:

I used 2 12-oz bags of frozen peach slices. I sprayed my 8 x 11.5" pan with Pam. Put the frozen peaches in the sprayed pan. Sprinkled about 1/2 the box of Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix on top of the slices. Poured about 1/2 the can of Diet Mountain Dew over the cake mix - pouring slowly as it tends to foam up. There will still be a few lumps that are not covered and stay kind of dry. That is OK. Bake at 350˚ for about an hour. I kept checking it about every 15 min or so. I wanted to make sure the center started bubbling. Peaches are very watery, so I wanted to bake it long enough to start thickening the peaches. It may take you a bit longer or shorter. The top does not get real brown, so you can bake it as long as it takes. When I made the Blueberry version, it did not take as long to bake.
  #102   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 20:03

Smile paulette......

gracias!!
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-16, 09:21

BF:

Up a hefty 5.8 lbs after my CN yesterday - quite a difference from last week!

I ended up having some popcorn last night before bed. It was not as good as I remembered. But I did not put butter on it. So I had a big bowl of it leftover this morning and fed it to the neighbor's chickens!

Today will be my low cal day. I am not sure how low, but as I am never really hungry the day after a CN, it should be reasonably low. I have 552 cals planned. Coffee/cream this morning. Steamed cod for lunch. Some Cashew milk w/yogurt as a snack. And 1/2 cup of yogurt for tonight. I doubt I will be hungry for much more, but if I do, I will have something. I have plenty of cheese. Good Pepper Jack cheese!

We have a beef rump roast thawed out in the fridge for tomorrow. We are going to wrap it in thick-sliced bacon and smoke it over the grill with applewood until it is medium rare. I will partake of that with great pleasure!!!!!

You all have a great day!
  #104   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-16, 11:03

Lightbulb good morning!

PAULETTE......nice cn gain!! that is worthy of ME
now the chickens will be buttery basted on the inside as well!
that beef rump roast sounds DELISH
enjoy your low-cal day
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-16, 20:18

Plan: Carb Nite
Stats: 256/175/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found you! I just started CNS after a few months low carb with no loss. I've always found it easy to lose so was getting really frustrated. Tonight is carb night #2, Chinese with our neighbors. Noodles mostly and a fortune cookie. Not sure what else, I'm very full. Between the carbs and msg I'm guessing a multi pound gain over the next few days. Hope CNS is the magic that finally breaks my stall!