Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 08:45

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Question What's for dinner??

Seems kinda quiet around here today, so I thought we could share what's cookin' for dinner...

Actually, we will be nukin' for dinner...left over chicken enchilada casserole (-tortillas) and left over fajita fixings. I purposely made lots yesterday so I would have leftovers and not have to cook.

Any one else have dinner planned/cooking already??

Amy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 09:48
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I've been snowed in since yesterday morning with four adolescents (my son, my daughter, and my daughter's two friends who slept over on Saturday night for her birthday and who were not able to get home yesterday because of all the snow -- my husband just measured 24 inches on our back deck). At this point, it doesn't look like anyone is getting out of here until tomorrow at the earliest (they just announced on the news that they are not even going to start plowing neighborhood streets until tomorrow), so we are keeping a close watch on the food -- with three 13-year-olds and a 17-year-old things like milk and eggs are rapidly disappearing. Dinner tonight is spaghetti and meatsauce, with spaghetti squash for me (and anyone else who wants it) instead of noodles. I'm also making a big salad, but that will be the end of the fresh vegetables I have in the house. I hope we get out of here tomorrow or low carbing is going to become more difficult.

Dinner yesterday was a potluck at my neighbor's house -- a neighborhood tradition when we are all snowed in. I made a turkey breast and was very good -- I ate the turkey, salad, and London broil and ignored all the desserts.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 11:48
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile We had tacos

I get these big lettuce leaves and I fill them with:

Hamburger with Chili Con Carne and a pinch of ancho powder, a a sprinkle of fajita spice.

sprinkle lightly with moneray jack cheese (very light for me for I can't eat cheese)

low carb spicey taco sause

shredded lettuce, minced onion

dollop of sour cream

roll in lettuce leaf.. yum!!

My 12 year old loves these!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 13:30

Stats: 243/217/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

This is a great idea for a thread for someone like me who tends to eat the same foods over and over.

I'm planning scallop casserole for dinner. And since I'm snowed in I'm making the collaboration lasagna listed on the recipe thread. I've got all the ingredients and have already started the sauce. I plan to take it for lunch this week.

Lessara your roll-ups sound good, wish I had picked up some lettuce leafs.

Summer
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 14:42

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default Yummmm

First, Liz, oh my goodness....I don't envy you today!

Lessara, I might make my "tacos" in lettuce leaves tonight. That sounds good. I bought romaine hearts at the store so they should be perfect...

Guess not many people are eating dinner tonight! Just kidding, I know this is usually pretty quiet during the day!

Okay, I HAVE to go get something done...I have been on here way too long today!

Amy
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 15:21

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Dinner tonight

I know why it's quiet around here...many people in the US are off today for President's Day. I know I spend much more time in the forum when I'm at work that I do when I'm home (gawd, I hope my boss never finds this forum!!)...

I'm making Awesome Chicken & Broccoli Casserole tonight:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=46765

I join with the others in writing that I don't envy you, Liz. While 24 inches of snow would be sort of fun to look at from inside, it'll be a challenge to emerge and get back to life, probably for a while. The snow storm skipped right past Chicago for some odd reason...

Anyway, I have to scoot. I need some onions, so I'll go for a 3 mile walk to get them and thus get my cardio in for the day as well...

xoDonald
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 16:17
Cat Sofa

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 1/1/51 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Meatloaf and salad. And Liz, I add my sincerest sympathy!!

--Ruth
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 16:25
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Thanks all for your concern and sympathy. We're actually having some fun here, it's not all that bad. Fortunately, we are a close family, so we can deal with all the togetherness, and we have a close neighborhood, so it doesn't feel like we are all alone. It took the six of us about an hour to shovel the driveway and front walkway and that was after clearing it three times yesterday. Now all we need is the county to come clear the subdivision streets and who knows when that will be. My husband and I tried to take a walk, but only got about two blocks, even walking is very difficult in all this snow. There is no way a car is coming down my street until they get a snowplow in here.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 17:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default hmmm dinner

tonight I'm having chicken thighs dotted with butter and baked... a few drops of barbecue sauce near the end of cooking... a friend is sending me some atkins low carb sauce... salad with a sprinkle of cheese and strawberries with cream for dessert...
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 19:24

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 298/265/145
BF:
Progress: 22%

Um, Um - we're eating soon. Now - what's in my fridge? It's either the 3rd leftover of ground turkey w/greek seasoning (boring - had it for lunch), or a hunk of baked chicken with some asparagus (yummier) and maybe a few shrimp. I could eat boiled shrimp every day!

And it has been quieter here since Friday - I'm glad Donald pointed out that work puters get more action.

And you Eastern snow kids - good luck with the shoveling & manuveuring!

Happy Evening, everyone!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 20:40

Stats: 348/321.5/150
BF:
Progress: 13%
Cool Way down South..

Liz,
I wish we could have a little of your snow down here in Georgia....(remember I said a little..lol). We rarely ever get snow here. It's tough making a snowman in 1/2 inch of snow. Anyway...hope you get plowed out soon..

Let's see for dinner, I had a nice pork roast that I cooked in the crock pot and some green beans w/onions.

Shari
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 11:06
Fitday PC's #1 Fan

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 310/151.0/152.5 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 101%

You can have our snow! We have around 8 inches, topped with a couple inches of ice, and then with another inch or two of snow on top. The ice is thick enough that I can walk on the surface of the snow without breaking through.

Dinner is going to be one of my usual CALP cook ups. Saute garlic and scallion in oil, add either diced roast beef or chicken, and season with cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, hot pepper, or parmesian cheese (or a mixture of all!). When browned, add a dab of water and a dollop of sour cream to make a sauce, add an amount of frozen green beans equal to the meat serving, heat through and serve over a giant bed of fresh alfalfa or clover sprouts. Desert (reward part of the CALP meal) is usually an apple, but occasionally chocolate or ice cream, or a bagle or rice or pasta - always in an amount equal to the meat serving. (Valentine's day was chocolate covered caramels.) I try not to have sugary rewards more than twice a week, though, since I think that having them on back to back days increases the chance that I'll start triggering cravings.

I was never much of a vegetable eater before starting CALP, but they sure taste good mixed in with a well seasoned meat sauce. I find that I really miss my sprouts if I run out of them.

One other thing that helps is growing my own sprouts at homes (using seed and sprouters from Johnny's Selected Seeds company). Super fresh veggies in winter feels like a luxury and sure beats the limp stuff at the grocery store.

As for other meals, breakfast is usually ground beef and green beans, either with sour cream and garlic or with bacon bits and a seasoning level of cheese. Lunch is a normally a couple slices of really top quality ham and a chunk of a good cheddar cheese.

Sometimes, for extra seasoning zip in one of my chicken cook-ups, I'll add some diced pepperoni. I treat cured meats like sugar, though, and limit exposure to only a couple times of week, and make sure I always have at least 24 hours (48+ is better, though) between anything that could trigger cravings.

Lynda
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 11:37

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Wow!

Some great ideas!! I have to try the lettuce wraps, they really sound good~
I am having my old standby........marinated broiled chicken breat and spring mix green sald w/ ranch dressing.......not too exciting but yummy..........had baked fresh salmon for lunch........my new favorite food~
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 15:25

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%

Our dinner:

Broiled with butter and lighy shake of dill

Green beans (fresh) and sliced mushrooms lightly sauted together.

Sliced tomatoes and fresh spinach.............

Our store has had filet mignon on sale, so we have been eating those a lot!!!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 15:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 284/256/140
BF:too much
Progress: 19%
Wink just wait for summer

My husband and I found a very easy recipie for salmon on the grill.
It just melts in your mouth with every bite. Just marinade it in some LOW cal ltalian dressing for 4 hours and then be ready for heaven! MMMMMMMMMMMM good stuff, I just can't wait for summer and all the grilling