Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 22:14

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default low carb tortilla--but was it worth it?

I just had my first low carb tortilla which means my first burrito in 8 months. It has 5 net carbs but 12 total carbs. I am one of those people that really has to keep my eye on total carbs because for some odd reason my body doesn't differentiate b/t net and total. So counting carbs really is a big deal to me. I have to say the tortilla was decent but was it worth it? I am sitting here thinking that although it was good to have a burrito again I'm just not sure it was worth spending 12 carbs on it. I think it will be the kind of thing I only do when I really am dying for a burrito. Other than that I think I'd rather just eat the insides and skip the tortilla. I really don't think it was worth the carbs.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 23:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/183/159 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 29%

At first I thought the burrito wraps were great. I find that anything that is "starch like" isn't interesting to me now. Is it psychological? It seems to heavy.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 01:20
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Sitting in my freezer right now are lc tortillas AND two types of lc bread. They've been there for about 4 months now...and I've had maybe 2 slices of bread and 2 tortillas. Guess I really don't care if I eat them. They are good, but--I don't even think about them, usually.

Jude
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 08:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 214/177/140 Female 5'6''
BF:35/28/23
Progress: 50%

Hah! I'm the same way. The LC bread and pastas just don't seem good enough to be "worth it."

LC desserts? That's another story.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 09:19
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I actually think I prefer wrapping my mexican food in lettuce now. I usually make pork/chicken asada and wrap the guacamole, salsa, meat and cheese in a huge lettuce leaf and eat it that way.

I had it that way the first time at Rubio's and after that I didn't even want to mess with tortillas any longer.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 09:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/173.5/150 Female 5'3 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I had an lc tortilla last night when i went to subway and tho it was nice to have one again they seemed heavy and felt like they expaned in my stomach...took about 3 hrs for the feeling to go away.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 10:20
Gettin' Close

Plan: LC
Stats: 274/220.6/210 Male 6'2"
BF:33/23/15
Progress: 83%

I like LC tortillas. I've only tried one brand so far, and they are tasty. They have not caused any kind of problem for me. I think I've only used them once for burritos. But they're really too small to get all of the filling inside. lol

I use the LC tortillas to make wraps to bring to work for lunch. Tasty, and satisfying.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 17:57

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%

I agree about the low carb bread. I was eating a slice every day at first. I needed some toast. I missed it. Then after a week or so I was done with it. At 9 carbs for just ONE piece it just isn't worth it. I use it for emergency only when I'm craving a sandwich but for that many carbs forget it. I think I'll stick with the biscuits. 1 carb each!!! That is the way to go if you want bread.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 18:14

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

The dif between net and total carbs on a tortilla has got to be fiber not sugar alcohols. I 'm willing to count them as net carbs.
Safeway has a lunch burrito at deli with 9-12 carbs for total better then Subways deli meats
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 08:13

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Armywife,
Your stats are just amazing! Congratulations! I find that when I eat any tortillas, low carb bread, etc, that I feel guilty. And the guilt overwhelms my good intentions and before you know it, I'm cruisin' down the high carb highway. I had a Sunday school teacher when I was young who scared me to death. She said, "The road to he77 is paved with good intentions". I thought that meant that if I had good intentions I didn't follow through with that I was going straight down to he77.
Susan
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 08:29
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Nancy lc, that's me too. I made the taco seasoned beef myself, melted shredded cheddar on it, mixed in some sour cream and put on a leafy green salad on my plate.. My children loved it so much when they tasted MY food,lol, that they asked for that instead of a shell! Now who woulda thunk it? lol
ANgel