Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-20, 04:43

Plan: Keto/Phinney18
Stats: 269/265/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:Way/TOO/Much
Progress: 3%
Default House Fire but starting over

So it has been a year since we lost our house to a fire. Burned flat. only a few things left in the garage. I am an artist so I lost all artwork and my art quilts. Etc. We have spent a year living in our garage with just heat and no other facilities. Easy to be here at home on our land. We raise beef and chickens so it is just easier to live in the garage and rebuild then travel back and forth. Sold most of the herd to concentrate on rebuilding. So it is time to move in pretty soon.

I have done ok and managed to maintain my weight but it sure did shift. I have lost muscle and gained belly fat (cortisol fat) So lots of walking ahead for me this spring and summer hopefully.

It will be much easier to concentrate and cook once we are back in the house. It has been a year of the crockpot, toaster oven and electric skillet (that thing has been a life saver for sure.

Hoping to reconnect and make some new friends here again. Still feeling a little stressed again lately because of moving back into the new house. We had 7-8 inches of snow last night so that slows things down again.

I am ready to get back on track completely and get healthier again.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-20, 10:33
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi and welcome back. Oh my, that's devastating. Wishing you all the best in your new home.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-20, 10:57

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I'm so sorry! I had a house fire too back in the summer of 2018. The house didn't burn to the ground but most of the interior was destroyed. I'm also an artist and lost a big percentage of my artwork. I'm mainly a pastelist and even the work that didn't burn got covered in soot and ash. It's an awful feeling.

I was out of my house for nearly a year while repairs were made. But I can say it's great to be back home now! I was off-track with my diet almost that whole year, friends would bring me spaghetti and lasagna and I would eat it. Amazingly though I didn't gain an ounce over the year - when I finally had a chance to weigh myself. But yeah, a year of cooking with just a toaster over and a microwave.

Good luck with moving back into the new house. I'm sure life will be feeling much better then. Here's hoping the new house will be a blessing and all goes well.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-20, 15:01

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Welcome!!

In addition to losing your house, I feel for the decrease in your herd. Girls lost can never be truly replaced.

Cortisol belly is a challenge.....takes more than exercise.....Ive been learning about meditation, when to eat the carbs ,etc.

Glad you will move in soon !!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-26-20, 09:52

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Welcome back to another "Home."

Best wishes for your continued recovery. It's possible that being far out from urban centers (I assume you are) is a big advantage right now.

Be well.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-20, 09:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Welcome back.
You’ve had a hard and stressful year. I’m so sorry for the loss of your art and your studio, your home, your memorabilia, your down-sized herd.

I hope your new house begins to feel like home very soon. And the spring on the land brings new beginnings to you, as an artist as well as in your commitment to greater health.
🌹
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-10-20, 07:22

Plan: Meat based
Stats: 136/120.2/114 Female 5 feet. 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 72%

Welcome back to the forum
So sorry to hear of your fire and the loss of everything.
I can not imagine how difficult and challenging that must have been.

Hope the rebuild and starting over process is going well.

JoAnn