Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-02, 14:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/180/130
BF:
Progress: 17%
Unhappy back again!!! help!!!

HI! I have been lc'ing since january...I lost an initial 15-20 lbs but now I am fluctuating and tend to rise and fall by 5 lbs! I still will not touch bread, rice, starchy veggies, or starchy fruit..but I have added in a ton of fruit this summer...I fear this will make me regain...I LOVE blueberries, starawberries and watermelon..I have read taht all of these are not too high in carbs. I am also big on white wine..I have been told this is also low on carbs.. How do I keep losing w/o being on induction? I need some help...!!!!
Thanks!
NO LONGER "GIrthy" !!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-02, 00:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Girthy...

Hi and welcome...first of all let me say that you do not have to stay on induction...but....I don't think that loading up with fruit and wine is the answer here either...you should be getting most of your carbs from veggies...I myself must be very careful with any kind of sugar...that includes fruit and artifical sugar as well, it will stall me...and although they say you can still drink the wine...you should be aware that your body will burn off the alcohol before it get burning your fat...

So I don't know what else to suggest to you...you either must rethink your eating plan...Or you could go to the top right of this screen and look in Which low-carb plan is right for me...perhaps in there you will find a plan more suited to your lifestyle. I think either PP or the Zone allow for alcohol...and they allow more carbs as well...

Anyhow...I hope this is helpful for you...good luck with your WOE