Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 07:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/227/160
BF:
Progress: 16%
Question induction

Good morning!

I began induction Jan 26, lost about 4 lbs so far. I am wondering about caffeine use, has anyone not cut it out completely? I was only a 2 cup a day drinker and stopped it when I started induction. I felt really fog-headed and it was interfering with school and work so I have added just a half cup with cream in the morning. Unfortunately I did have a break yesterday and ate some bread to settle an upset stomach, but I'm right back on induction today Has anyone else experienced a lot of nausea on this program? I'm a diabetic on glucophage, maybe that has something to do with it. Also in the past whenever I had PMS my carb cravings went through the roof and that is another reason I think I broke yesterday. Any suggestions on PMS cravings and how to handle them. On a postitive note, induction has already lessened my appetite tremendously, and I feel satisfied much quicker and for a longer time frame.

Regards,
Teegee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 08:18

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default With my experience,

During my induction (and probably a month after) and stayed away from caffine entirely. Now I drink a double expresso in the morning and an occasional diet soda. My weight lose has slowed, but that could also be due to other factors (but I thought I would let you know all the same). Anyway, the caffine thing is a person by person affecter (I think I made that word up...lol). Some say it makes them stall, while others don't.
You'll have to see for yourself, but I would wait until after induction. After about those cravings, during my induction I really did not indulge myself when they came on because it seemed like it triggered more cravings. I never felt nauseated. but my stomach ached at night and I felt lightheaded all the time b/c I was going through carb withdrawl. And like any addiction giving your body the carbs will not help the problem. It basically took my body two weeks exactly to get out of withdrawl and then I felt 100X better. I would wake up feeling refreshed and had tons of energy. Just push through induction and then see how your body feels.

Good Luck and Great Job on Your Lose so Far,
Erin