Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-13-18, 13:36

Plan: Stay under 100grams/day
Stats: 360/275/170 Female 64 (inches)
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Howdy Everyone! Happy to be here!

I'm new, and so happy to find a low-carb forum online. I've battled my weight for most of my life. I've lost 100lbs twice before, using Weight Watchers, only to gain it all back. (My fault, not Weight Watchers...I just fell back into old habits).

Now I'm at a point where my weight just keeps going up up up at each doctor visit, and some weight-related health issues are beginning to show, and I was at my wits end until I saw some pictures of my sister-in-law during Thanksgiving, and she had lost so much weight since I'd last seen her. I e-mailed her to find out what she was doing, and she told me her doctor told her to eat less than 100 grams of carbs a day and be sure to stay hydrated.

So I started the same way of eating on November 26th, and I've lost 35 pounds so far. I feel amazing.

I was having trouble with edema in my lower legs from carrying so much weight, and it made it difficult to sometimes bend my knees, but I can bend them now. Still some fluid retention, but mainly in my lower shins, and I'm hoping that will correct itself as I lose more weight. My blood sugar readings are also dropping from 180's and 190's down to 110 and 114. I can't wait to see my next A1C test result.

I love learning about new recipes and tips/hints on the low-carb lifestyle. This has been the most fun I've had losing weight, and I don't feel deprived at all. Most days I end up eating maybe somewhere in the range of 40-60 carbs. I'm so thankful to my sister-in-law and her doctor for sharing this way of eating/living. I feel like I'm getting a second chance at life and protecting my health long-term.

Last edited by Sissy914 : Sat, Jan-13-18 at 14:14.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-13-18, 14:31

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi Sissy, you are doing Great!!
You will learn a lot on this forum and there are tons of recipes if you need them.

Check here for recipes.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-13-18, 18:19

Plan: atkins..paleo later
Stats: 182/173/154 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi! Welcome, hope you find this useful. It's exciting when you find a woe that suits you, and works. Sounds like you're doing well!
You might fid it useful to start a journal, and feel free to visit other members journals too.
Loads of recipes here too, and support.
Good luck, keep it going!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-18, 05:16

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome Sissy,
You have found a great forum for support! Look around the various sub-forums to read through current topics, if you want more help with blood sugar, there is a diabetes forum here. http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45
All the best,