Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-10, 05:45

Plan: eat fat get thin
Stats: 323/135/150 Female 5'8
BF:49.2/21.7/22.8
Progress: 109%
Default question for those who rememebr the last 19 pounds.

did it make a differnece. i mean i'm 19 pounds from goal today and i was thinking when i got to 190 it took about now and forever to drop a pants size so i'm wondering did you just wake up and bam your at goal and slim??? just wondering how this is going to work out.i'm 5'8 by the way if that counts for anything.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-10, 08:44
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodroses
did it make a difference. i mean i'm 19 pounds from goal today and i was thinking when i got to 190 it took about now and forever to drop a pants size so i'm wondering did you just wake up and bam your at goal and slim??? just wondering how this is going to work out.i'm 5'8 by the way if that counts for anything.

Sorry.

You just don't wake up and bam you're at goal.

It took months and months of slow going particularly as I got closer to goal.

Many weeks and WEEKS NOTHING.

By staying the course, not being psyched out by the "grass is greener" aka a bazillion tweaks, eating the majority of whole fresh foods, not kidding myself if I endulged a bit too much, CLIMBIMG the carb ladder and really truly finding my CCL and CCM....then I woke up months later 15 pounds past goal.

To me, the way it works out is to stay the course.

HTH

Progress not perfection.

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-10, 08:48
Induction ≠ Atkins

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

Well..I'll tell you how it worked for me.

I lost my first 40lbs in 2 months (October 26 - December 30). The next 20 lbs (which was to my goal) came off by Valentine's day.

I've lost another 20 lbs past my goal, and it took from February to mid June. After 60lbs, everything slowed down. As you get closer to goal, and past it (depending on where you set your goal), things will naturally slow down. My last 20 lbs did make a big difference. I've dropped 2 more sizes in pants. I thought that I would be happy at my original goal weight, but I was losing well and had no plans on changing my way of eating, and the rest has just slowly worked its way off.

I'm now hoping to get down another 5-10 lbs, but I'm not stressing over it. I'm doing the same thing, eating the same way, and exercising. It's a lifelong journey for me, so I've got all the time in the world to get there (or not! lol).
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-10, 09:00
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

OK, I'll bite.

Being that I lost over 100 lbs, actually120 lbs, I'll give you my timeline.
The first 75 lbs took me 9 months to lose. Getting to 100 lbs lost, meaning another 25 lbs, took me another 6 months.
From there it was only 14 lbs for me to make my goal of 160. That took 5 months. See where I'm going with this?

The way I saw it and still see it, I'd be eating this way for the rest of my life anyway so it didn't matter how long it took, as long as it took. That was 4.5 yrs ago. I 've been maintaining below my goal since then.

At your current weight, losing your last pounds will definitely change your pant size, maybe 2 sizes. While your current weight is OK, losing the last pounds and making it to goal will make a difference in your appearance...and how you FEEL about it.

Its not a race and the last pounds do come off slowly, so relax and enjoy the ride!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-10, 15:49

Stats: 187/144/148 Female 5'7 1/2
BF:
Progress: 110%

Congratulations ! You have done very well . . . and, if you stay on tract you will get there.
I'm 5' 7 1/2" and I'm one of the fortunate people that stuck to the ladder - making it to goal without looking back. The surprise for me was being able to look decent in such small sizes (and swim suits!). This has been so worth it to me, and I've also maintained for years. Wishing you good luck as you continue on your amazing journey and success, Alma
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-10, 16:02

thanks guys. that what i wondering judy about the size not how long it will take.(although i do have a thigh lift around april) just will i look different. i was just wondering because i meet people who are my height some look smaller some look bigger and i was wonder how 19 pounds going to make me look. thanks again.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-10, 16:08
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodroses
thanks guys. that what i wondering judy about the size not how long it will take.(although i do have a thigh lift around april) just will i look different. i was just wondering because i meet people who are my height some look smaller some look bigger and i was wonder how 19 pounds going to make me look. thanks again.

Oh! I gotcha...I misunderstood what you were asking.

Take a look in my journal. I posted a couple of pictures taken 7 months apart and 6 pounds. There's a huge difference but I really didn't go down size wise--both are size 6 Levi's. At least in my case, everything just kept getting leaner and more defined.

If you're not already--start weight training. You don't have to do a lot, but enough to work those muscles and build a bit of mass.

You're doing beautifully!

Progress not perfection.

Lisa
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-10, 05:10

thanks cm. WAY away of you! ive been weightlifting for months and love the women gym i go to. you look great and stunning!! and i see that really the last bit of weightloss sorta just pulls it self togather. i can live with that.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-10, 17:57
<---The Crazy One!

Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

We have the same last bit of weight to lose til goal. I've been thinking of doing weight lifting myself. Do you use free weights or machines?

Also, I'm 5ft 6in and I'm wearing size 10s.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-10, 08:56

i started with the machines and now i use a mix. i upped my cardio as well to 50 min 4x a week i was just doing 25 but i knew it was time for me to move up so i gudgely did. were almost there!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-10, 20:35
<---The Crazy One!

Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

lol. I haven't worked out in 6 months (yikes!) so I know it's time to start. What type of cardio?
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-10, 12:57

that varys right now im loving the upright bike but before that it was the stepper then the treadmill just anything.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-15-10, 22:12

Plan: Maintenance since 6/08
Stats: 250/189/195 Male 70 inches
BF:Not so much.
Progress: 111%

I know it is different for men, but I just kept steadily losing weight every month. Then I hit goal, and lost a little more. It took me a little while to figure out how to stay happy with my weight, because at first my weight could fluctuate 7 to 10 pounds EITHER way, but I eventually settled into a three pound swing.

Good luck, and you have done an amazing job.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-10, 08:08

thanks sooooo much pen!! and back at cha!!

Last edited by bloodroses : Fri, Aug-20-10 at 08:15.