Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-13, 23:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/169/145 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%
Smile Christmas Cheating

Yes I Am Feeling The Guilt Of Cheating With Major Carbs During The Last Three Days. It Started With The Freezing Rain Devastating My Area And 31 Hours Of Darkness And Cold Without Power. Power Restored For Christmas Day Made The Food Celebration Even Bigger. Feeling Horrible And Feeling Like A Failure Made Me Reach Into My Stored Quotes That I Have Collected. Here Is The One That Gave Me My Strength Back--"giving Up On Your Goal Because Of One Setback Is Like Slashing Your Other Three Tires Because You Got One Flat" Take That Guilt And Shove It Where The Sun Don't Shine Because I Will Not Slash The Rest Of My New Way Of Life For Three Poorly Managed Days. Happy Holidays And Happy New Year To All.

If You Have Joined Me In Over Eating During The Holiday, Forgive Yourself And Move On With Healthy Choices. Love Yourself.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-13, 05:49

Plan: AIP (autoimmune paleo)
Stats: 235/185/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

I overdid it too. And I too have forgiven myself and am back on track.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-13, 07:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/205/180 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 60%

Oh my.....what a perfect way to summarize! I love that quote and will add it to my stash of things to remember...if you don't mind.

I remained true to my plan until Christmas Day. We always have a big family breakfast at my mom and dad's...eggs, bacon, grits, homemade rolls and sweet rolls. I brought a favorite, cinnamon roll cake, and while I ditched the better part of my plate of breakfast, I opted for a piece of this rich, sweet yummy cake. I had planned this all along and avoided everything until the 25th. I'm proud of not caving and was truly very selective of what I wanted. I knew I wasn't going to feel too hot, so I at least wanted to make it worth it!

But now I'm done. Had a glass of port last night and a couple pieces of homemade fudge and that was it. My belly is rather annoyed with me, but it will straighten out in a day or two of eating right.

Headed to the kitchen now to fry my weekly bacon.

Hope everyone had a super Christmas Day and many wishes for a wonderful 2014!!
Deanna
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-13, 08:07

BF:

That quote is good - I too collect quotes and I added it to my list.

Here's another one in exchange :

"No matter how far you have gone on the wrong road, turn back."
-Turkish proverb
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-13, 09:47

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Ursulatwo, I love that quote!

Yeah, I cheated... Went to a movie yesterday (saw "Gravity" - excellent! In 3D) and had a cup or two of popcorn.

sampled sweets at Whole Foods the other day...and bought and ate a chocolate chip cookie.

Oh, and I did eat some potato yesterday...
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-13, 12:17

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

There is "cheating", and "falling off the wagon", but there is also "climbing off the wagon on purpose, and walking alongside for a bit". This last is what I have done a couple of times during the last month, yesterday included. I made roast beef with Yorkshire pudding for dinner last night; my favorite meal, and what I have always asked for either on my birthday or Christmas (1 week apart) since I was old enough to articulate. There was no way I was going to skip the pudding, so I got off the wagon for the duration, and ate my pud. with satisfaction. Oddly, I suppose because I haven't been eating things like that for so long, one piece was quite sufficient; in the past I would have finished the pan. The rest of the dinner was all low carb, except for dessert, and I only had a token bite of that. -- I did probably overdo the protein, as I had quite a bit of the beef LOL. I feel fine this morning, though the scales show that I need to get back on track now that the Big Food Days are done.
Congratulations to the OP for getting through the day with enjoyment, and very little guilt.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-13, 19:45

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

The slashing tires quote is one I'll remember. I guess I climbed down off the wagon and walked beside it yesterday. I was feeling a bit sad, missing people who have gone now, and suffering a bit of homesickness for England and Christmases past. So I quite purposely used alcohol as anesthetic. I also indulged in some authentic Christmas pudding from England, which is very high carb. It was only "okay", not nearly as delicious as I remembered. The wheat in it caused bloating, gas, and stomach pain! I won't be wanting that next year. Back on track today, no hangover, nothing high carb, and a long walk in the fresh (cold) air.

Seasons greetings to all and best wishes for a successful new year and climbing back onto the wagon whenever necessary.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-13, 23:07

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 210/178/150 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Walked along side that Wagon myself. Now I'm all bloated and have a headache from hell. Back to basics tomorrow. Happy holidays!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-13, 00:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/186/140 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 39%

I've been walking alongside the wagon for two days now. And I feel awful. Time to get better. Can't believe I lived feeling crappy like this all the time before!!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-13, 07:44

BF:

I like that "walking alongside the wagon" bit - because I don't consider it "cheating" that word and concept is loaded with guilt and judgement, and I knew I'd take a short detour from low carb for the holidays. More power to those who think in black and white and are motivated by "cheat free" or whatever, but that's not my approach.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-13, 11:17

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

I too have been walking alongside the wagon this holiday season, and it will extend another 10 days as we visit family out of town for new year's and a Jan 4 birthday. I'm happy to say it's working well. I've had little bits of food I'd not normally eat, but I've been in control with it, it's a choice not a compulsion. I consider that to be success.

Yes, there will be a few pounds to lose after the holidays, but I'll be in good company. And it's my choice to do it this way. All the best to everyone getting back on plan.