Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 12:25
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Hour Power - CAD/CALP Hangout

Here it is!! Our permanent hangout.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 13:02
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hello CAD/CALPers!!

Hope everyone is having a great day and the start of a great week. Thanks to Zuleikaa for starting our permanent daily thread. This is the place to post whatever, and whenever.

My DS has a scout dinner tonight, but I have planned leftover salmon and salad for me. I'll have my dinner, then go to scouts.
I have lots of great CM vegies and plan to just load up the salad- cukes, asparagas, cauliflower, peppers, celery- love a big salad.
Staying warm and dry, even though I did walk in the rain (just mist, really) this morning- really wanted to be outside.
Later-
E
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 13:29

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

So this replaces the "weekly" threads?
I'm starting again today, trying to get back on CAD and see if it's going to work.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 13:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks much Zule!!

Yes, Sango this replaces the weekly update threads.

I actually had an on plan weekend. I am going to start back on averaging my weekly weight again. Hope everyone is doing good.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 15:03

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

Cool, a daily thread will be great. I'll still post the weekly exercise thread if everyone likes that. It keeps me accountable and then I try to stick with the plan.

I had my RM for lunch, since we had some special fish from Canada just in along with homemade french fries and onion rings. Pretty wildly unbalanced, but isn't that my MO?

Tonight dinner will be crepes with cheese, bacon, lettuce & tomato. I had that for breakfast yesterday, and what can I say but YUM!! They were so good, I'm up for a repeat! Delicious.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 20:43
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 195/187/&;150 Female 62"
BF:34%
Progress: 9%
Unhappy Good - I need a place to hangout!

This is proving to be harder than I expected.
It's given me new insights into my likes and dislikes - never realized how MUCH I dislike cooking and how MUCH I was relying on "quick" meals!
Dinner is no problem - I'm working on the balancing thing - but thinking of things to eat for breakfast is HARD! Even when I have TIME to cook bacon and eggs, I don't seem to want to go to the fuss just for myself (my husband is a cooked oatmeal kind of guy when he takes time to sit down for breakfast). I'm realizing that we've spent so many years "on the fly" so to speak, with the only meal we actually take time to sit down and enjoy together being dinner. Does anyone else have this problem? Rushing off to work in the morning with not enough time to prepare and eat a CR meal, lunch at "deskside" (if there's TIME to actually eat lunch), so of course I'm extra hungry when I get home (thank GOD for celery and cream cheese!).
Closest market is 20 miles away, so shopping for "fresh" veggies only happens once or twice a MONTH (my blessed husband will, however, shop for me on his way home from work as his job is much closer to the shops).
I'm thinking of starting my own celery farm!
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Especially since I seem to keep bouncing back to 190 pounds! ick!
thanks
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 22:00
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Breakfast
2 eggs mixed with veggies in a container to nuke at work.
1/4 lb packages of deli meats or cook meats on the week end and package them in 4 oz. packages. These can be kept in the freezer.

Cook large pots of greens and other veggies on the weekend and package 1/2 cup servings in snack zipper bags. These can be frozen also.

Make large pan of quiche or egg, veggie, meat and cheese. Bake in a 9x13 inch pan. Cut into squares. Put in sandwich bags for breakfast.

In the morning just grab and go. Nuke at work.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 09:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I had too many carbs last night and not enough veggies. Other than that I was on plan. After supper I went to watch some TV and fell asleep, that's what I get for eating till Im full. I didn't even get anything done, my fiance woke me and I went straight to bed for the night.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 19:10

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Thanks Zule, we needed a hangout.

Amy,
I know the feeling with the too many carbs. Wishing you a better RM tonight.

LittleTexa.. I have hard boiled eggs for my a.m. cm, just to eat in the car when I didn't have time for breakfast. Also, throw together a salad when you make one for your RM, and in the a.m. just add some meat and cheese to it.. makes a great cm lunch. Keep playing. I hate cooking sometimes also.. I am always on the run.

Summer, I like the exercise thread. How do you make crepes that are low carb?.. the bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomato sound wonderful.

Sango.. wishing you luck this time around.

Hope everyone is having a good week, K
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 23:10

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 185/169/163 Female 5'2"
BF:45%/39%/29%
Progress: 73%

I already posted this in the weekly (or "wee-ly" ) thread, but I wanted to mention that I had thought I was stalled on CAD until I finally followed directions and averaged my weights. I discovered I really was losing, and now I am so happy because this incredible plan actually works!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 07:46

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Terrific!

It is great to have this little drop-in spot! Thanks Zuleikaa

I'm doing fine. I had an out-of-town meeting yesterday for work. They always provide lunch at these things and I always bring my own. Yesterday I would have been able to eat some of what they had but I was still happy to have my own chicken and salad and not have to worry about it. And I brought home some of the squares to have with my RM but then I didn't want them when the time came.

There is a crepes recipe in the 7 day book by the Hellers. It is basically just eggs and cream, swirled in a pan and flipped to make large 'crepe'. I wonder if that is the one Summer is referring to?
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 07:48

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Oh, and...

Selfcare, thanks for the reminder about the weekly averaging. It really is important and I have been slacking off on it lately. Time to start doing it more diligently again.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 09:39

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

I don't have the book in front of me, but I've made the crepes a couple times, they're super easy-

4 eggs
4 Tablespoons cream
salt & pepper
oregano or basil, just a dash

Heat a 7"-8" non-stick skillet then coat with cooking spray or olive oil or butter

Then just cover the bottom of the pan with the egg mix, lightly brown and flip. The recipe said it makes 4 crepes, but I like mine thin so I usually get about 6. Then you use the crepes like tortillas, fill them with whatever you like, and roll them up and eat them YUM.

I fill with cheese, turkey bacon, lettuce and tomato. I store them in the fridge in a sealed bag with parchment paper in between, because they will stick if you layer them.

Enjoy!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 15:43

BF:

I will have to try those crepes.
So far my March plan is going all right...I'm trying to avoid sugar completely for the first two weeks, partially to get a jump start on the loss, and partially to just try and get rid of my need for it. I remember doing atkins for two weeks with no sugar or AS at all, and how when I tried one of the shakes it was much too sweet. But lately I have been shoving sugar down my throat (off plan) and I seem to see it everywhere, and want it whenever I see it. Yesterday was difficult, I went to the mall with a friend and saw things I wanted everywhere. I couldn't even take things with me for RM the next day, because I'm trying to avoid sugar. But anyway, I came home depressed not because I screwed up (I didn't) but because it was so darn hard that I knew that if it was always going to be that hard, every time, there was no way I could do it without failing. I keep trying to tell myself it will get easier as I go without the sugar longer, but I don't know. I can't even try to use LC sweets at RM instead, because splenda does horrible things to my skin and I just don't like equal. That and I don't like the idea of AS anyway.

My plan is to eliminate sugar for two weeks completely, and then go to only having it on the weekend at RM. Fruit and yogurt I think will be okay for RM on weekdays though. Fruit juice and all other sugars will be weekend-only. I lost plenty of weight last year eating sugar at pretty much every RM, but I think it got out of control toward the end. I don't know.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 15:47

BF:

Also, do you think those crepes would work as tortillas with taco-seasoned ground beef or chicken, cheese, tomato and lettuce? Is sour cream allowed at CM (I don't remember...)
Closed Thread