Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2506   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-12, 09:51

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Sorry..nothing magic about mine..lol. I boil cauliflower (more work but I do love fresh - which I cut into small florets and then boil) until tender, drain the water off, add no-salt butter (my preference) to our taste, then sour cream, black pepper, and if we want, some sugar-free, cooked crisp bacon that I break into small bits - add this last and then serve.

I bet you'd like the cauliflied rice recipe from this site - Karen's corner..think I got the link to her recipe page there. It is an truly good stirfry that scratches my rice itch.

Thanks, I'll google it and see what I come up with. I am also trying to get more carb concscious with my meats and so far am having a hard time finding sugar free bacon, lunch meats, etc, and also without much salt or MSG. Anyone know of any good brands and store chains or websites to get it from? I do look at labels and even have a couple of local meat shops but even with so many people eating low carb there just isn't a lot of consumer choices out there I am learning. So far I steer clear of MSG altogether ("natural flavors" and "hydrolyzed" this and that) as much as possible and if it has sugar I then check the carb amounts per serving as my guide. That has been the best I have been able to muster thus far.

MIW
Sponsored Links
  #2507   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-12, 09:54

BF:

Well today I am back up to 226 (gain of 3 pounds) but still I am not going to get discouraged. I know exactly why:

Eating way too much at RM time. RM have been too salty last few evenings. RM have been carb heavy. Part of this is that Hubby is now giving this woe a try and I have altered from following CALP to not being as carb conscious. This is going to change. Hubby is working the next couple of days so I am going to be stricter about it and follow CALP for sure. He is not as keen about the salads but no more excuses! Also, next time I go to a restaurant I am going to follow another diet tip and bag up half my plate at the get go!

I really only feel like maybe being up 2 pounds since I hit 223 for one day only and could have been dry.

MIW
  #2508   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-12, 12:38

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

MIW - one of the beauties of doing an averaged weight is these swings don't become as scarey - it's allowed me to see that some weeks in my past, I've only lost 1/4 to 1/2 lb. - always preferable to the alternative!

You can always do a double portion of cm veggie if not a salad person (i.e. your husband).
  #2509   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-12, 15:33

BF:

ok back on plan:

B- 1 egg and 2 pc bacon
L- LARGE salad with blue cheese dsg, 2 meatballs, 1 chicken leg
D- will be another large salad, more baked chicken, a chicken/veggie/noodle stir fry, and maybe a cookie for dessert.

MIW
  #2510   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-12, 19:23

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitwork
BF- usually tends to be 2 fried eggs, and 2-3 pieces of bacon. I
usually also have a cup of decaf coffee with cream and like to have it
with my breakfast and not have the coffee later as a snack. With my
meals I still try to drink it within 15 minutes but don't freak out if I
don't. I am pretty sure the 15 minute rule about coffee is meant more
if you use it as a snack as you don't want to be continuously
stimulating insulin release all day.

I was wondering about this too. Is it the caffeine in the coffee and the resulting release of cortisol? Is this why we need to limit to 15 minutes? Or just keeping our CM food/drink confined to mealtime so we are not "snacking on coffee" all morning? I do tend to elongate my coffee drinking over a span of a couple hours. But unless I know the reason for something, I tend to disregard it, lol.

Quote:
I do not overeat, nor do I starve myself. I simply eat what sounds
good, and do not gorge. I am way more intune with my body now. An
example is the other day we ordered pizza. I was so hungry I "felt"
like I could eat 6 pieces of pizza like I used to be able. I only ate
two and was totally full. I also had an 8 ounce glass of sierra mist
with it instead of two 12 oz glasses like I used to. These are the
changes this diet has made on my physiology. I have not consciously
made these changes other than telling myself in the first couple of
weeks to listen to my body and honor what it tells me.

This is so true! Today, I almost fell off the wagon. But instead, I decided to have an early RM. I started off with one cookie and then one cupcake...and that was all the sweets I could take! Amazing! Usually, it's several cookies or 3-4 cupcakes, but I was unusually disinterested after I finished the cupcake. After that, I had a couple tacos and then I was full.
I don't know why I stopped this WOE before. It's by far the easiest and most rewarding.
  #2511   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-12, 20:25

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Thanks, I'll google it and see what I come up with. I am also trying to get more carb concscious with my meats and so far am having a hard time finding sugar free bacon, lunch meats, etc, and also without much salt or MSG. Anyone know of any good brands and store chains or websites to get it from? I do look at labels and even have a couple of local meat shops but even with so many people eating low carb there just isn't a lot of consumer choices out there I am learning. So far I steer clear of MSG altogether ("natural flavors" and "hydrolyzed" this and that) as much as possible and if it has sugar I then check the carb amounts per serving as my guide. That has been the best I have been able to muster thus far.

MIW

Safeway has a house brand of low sodium bacon that just happens to also be sugar free - not your primo all natural uncured bacon etc, but it's decently good and works for cms.

Proper British Bacon in auburn has sugar-free italian sausage (ground, not links) and chorizo, and superb plain ground pork (I use to make my own sausage).
  #2512   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-12, 00:14
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there CAD/CALPers, since you are well over 2000 posts here, it's time for a new thread.

New thread is here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=448610

Last edited by Rosebud : Thu, Dec-20-12 at 19:46.
Closed Thread