Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 05:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.4/173.8/140
BF:
Progress: 29%

WOW Jim well done. That is very inspiring. How long has it taken you? Did you have any stalls? Do you have a journal here that I can look at?
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 10:41

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%
Thumbs up

Great job, Jim!! And I agree with you, thinking on it's own doesn't usually get you where you need to go. Action is required. But some people just are so caught up that action is impossible. And the funny thing about affirmations and visualization is that if repeated, action is almost inevitable. I once read that if you write your yearly goals down and look over them daily, after the year 80% of them will have been obtained. You just automatically begin to take action when it's in front of you every day. Your mind believes that this is what should be and it creates (or sees) opportunities and steps to that next level.

eebee... welcome. I had a friend in Dunedin at one time. I don't even remember his real name... we all called him Junior. I hear it's beautiful in NZ. Definiately on my list of places to see.
  #168   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 14:05

Plan: Modified Atkins for Diabetics.
Stats: 401/240/210 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default Quickly...

eebee and anyone else...

12 months to the day, I 've lost the weight quite rapidly at first, then about 100th pound it stopped, but I didn't. I just kept on doing my plan and about August, I started dropping slowly, now I was getting to the point to where on the 365th day, I'm loosing a pound or three a week. If you consider what I've just put my body through, I should take a little time to loose the rest.

One thing I have personally experienced is... "if I hadn't desided to do something a year ago, where would I be today? I can guess, but I don't want to think about it. I like it the way I'm becoming."
  #169   ^
Old Sat, Dec-07-02, 18:32
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Where is everyone?? Going to B & N tonight to check out some books...

~Michelle
  #170   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 08:13

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Hi Everyone!

Just wanted your opinion on the three affirmations I have chosen.

1) I have abundant energy and vitality.
2) I choose to eat only healthy foods.
3) I lose weight easily.

The first two are pretty self explainatory but the third one is because I have this mental picture (borne out by physical evidence) that I am a sloooooooooow loser. I want to send myself a new message. Maybe I can get out of this "turtle" mentality.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
molly
  #171   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 12:27
Reinventing Myself

BF:

Hi Molly-
I am very new to this...but the affermations sound good to me. I am sure one of the better experts will be along to help you more!

I got a book last night that I am almost done with already. It is called "Be Your Own Best Friend" by Louis Proto. It has many sample affermations and visualizations for different topics, and explains things in easy to understand language for the most part. It was only $5.99 too, which is helpful for us on a budget!

I have been struggling with the positive thinking...but I will prevail. I miss the discussion of the board...hope everyone comes back soon!

~Michelle
  #172   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 12:04
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Wink Hi all

I think my new mantra should be "I can be patient about my weight loss"
  #173   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 10:52
Reinventing Myself

BF:

Where IS everybody?
  #174   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 04:38
Registered Member

Plan: Protein power life plan
Stats: 194/189.6/135
BF:44.9
Progress: 7%
Default time flies

Hi, I have had computer problems, so haven't been around much. Also with all there is to do for the holidays it's hard to take time to visit places I REALLY enjoy. Should settle down in just one week and I will be back renewed and ready.
  #175   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 17:14

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%
Default Me too!!

I am in as well. I have numerous self hypnosis tapes...books on meditation/ positive affirmation......

I definately need help conquering this weight!

Natascha
  #176   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 20:14

Stats: 264/165/150
BF:48%/34%/27%
Progress: 87%

This is a great thread.
I used hypnosis to get me started, and I am dabbling in meditation. I can't believe how well it works!
I'm also practicing yoga now.
  #177   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 20:26

Stats: 170/155/120
BF:
Progress: 30%

I am beautiful; I have long lean muscles and I am healthy!
  #178   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-02, 02:49
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 168/164/108
BF:

Advice from a few sources, including my shamanism teacher and anotehr metaphysist: in affirmations, consider the simplistic, subconscious reaction to words when choosing affirmations.

For example, instead of "I am losing weight," try "I choose to be thin." But ex., in Russian, there is a homonym for "thin" that has negative connotations. Maybe "My body is lean."

The other suggestion is to make the affirmation in the present tense, and feel the reality of that statement. Say "I am lean" vs. "I am becoming lean". Else the subconscious thinks, "Oh, not lean yet."

Actually my teacher suggests the word "choose". I choose for my body to be lean. I choose to be thin.

As for the word "want". He says, "Who are you to want?" I loved when he said that! As Jesus said, "You are gods."
  #179   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-02, 02:50
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 168/164/108
BF:
Default Clarification

If you happen to be Russian, then "thin" is not a good word to use. It's your individual subconscious that matters.
  #180   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-02, 06:51

Plan: CDLP
Stats: 178/170/125
BF:
Progress: 15%
Smile Hello, Hello

Hi
Stumbled across this site and decided it was exactly what I needed right not in my life...I have been plagued by negative thoughts and comments for most of my life! some my own doing, some,just other people putting me down, which I let them do. Anyway, I was into positive thinking at least some time in my life, I remember slightly..so when I came to reading the posts here, I thought, Hey, I CAN do this again...I have had some serious setbacks for the past 2 months...but I intend to turn that around this holy christmas season, and set my sights on my goal...a more healthy life and better feeling about myself..I need to get a few minutes before work and do some mini-meditations and I have made myself a goal of at least 5 minutes every morning...I lost my dad 2 months ago, and this christmas season is so hard for me..on the brighter side, he did live for 91 years and was happy and satisfied with his life...told me that he had accomplished everything he ever wanted..had a wonderful family, his health,(until the last several months before he passed on), loved his sweetheart, they were married for 64 years! I am missing him terribly right now, but I will concentrate on the happiness and good times we had...and I will make it my goal to REACH my goal and to be sure to keep those negative thoughts our of my head.
Coming back to check this site and reading and re-reading your messages will help and give me the strength to accomplish this.
Thanks! A very blessed Christmas to all and a most Happy New Year