Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 19:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/128/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi Y'All,

MarieB, do you have the Super WalMarts in Canada, I have found the sugar free soy milk here in the states in our Super Walmart.

Carol
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-06, 17:40

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I did reply in MarieB's journal with info specific to our area but, yes, I get it at Walmart and it's also available at a local grocery chain.

I buy the So Nice unsweetened soy "beverage" and it's 2 net carbs (3g carbs - 1g fibre) per cup. I use 1 cup of soy in each shake and top it up with water.
  #198   ^
Old Thu, Jul-13-06, 00:59

Stats: 385/338/225 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 29%

Just to bring this back from the dead: I had several problems that led me to gain about 20 LBS over the past 3 months. I did the shake fast over the past 2 days and lost 14 of those pounds I know that a good bit is water weight but I never expected to go from 295 to 281 in 2 days. I had to take a day off as the weight loss was to rapid. I have a target of 270 by the end of the month.
  #199   ^
Old Thu, Jul-13-06, 14:01
Registered Member

Plan: ANA
Stats: 210/156/ 160 Female 5'5
BF:30%
Progress: 85%

I drank the Atkins Advantage chocolate deluxe shake when I'm going to miss a meal or when I work the grave yard shift because I hate eating during late hours.
  #200   ^
Old Fri, Jul-14-06, 09:18

Plan: Aspiring Paleo
Stats: 144/136/127 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Wow, Scott - that's amazing. You're right, it does sound too rapid, but man I would take that weight loss rate for a few days! Were you doing just the shakes, or adding in some protein as well?

Sounds like you are doing awesome!
  #201   ^
Old Fri, Jul-14-06, 13:04

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by awaldron
Wow, Scott - that's amazing. You're right, it does sound too rapid, but man I would take that weight loss rate for a few days! Were you doing just the shakes, or adding in some protein as well?

Sounds like you are doing awesome!

I was doing just the shake mix during the day and eating a high protein low carb meal at night. I am doing it for the next few days as well. I have found out before that if you have a stall, doing it for 2-3 days as described above with some moderate exercise will break it really fast.
  #202   ^
Old Fri, Jul-14-06, 23:08
Registered Member

Stats: 235/235/140 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 0%

i have done it for 7 days once incompassed with sf jello water and broth I lost some weight but it was a tough road and felt light headed and this was about 6 years ago and my body could take it but know NOOOOOOOOOOO way I would fell like crap all day I just did it to see if i had the will power to do it younge and dumb I guess lol lol lol
  #203   ^
Old Sat, Jul-15-06, 13:13

BF:

It's not safe to do without doing a meal at night and I would not advocate it. Doing so is like doing a real fast and you will lose muscle mass.
  #204   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 10:58
Registered Member

Stats: 187/187/125.5 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress:

Oh god, this reminds me of a really uncomfortable situation: like i'd just cleared the pharmacy (which is the only place that stocks the shakes where i live) of its total 8 (completely ridiculous if you ask me) shakes & i basically got a lecture off the counter lady with a whole line of people behind me. *cringe* ~but yeah i love the strawberry ones and i used to freeze one in an empty coke bottle the morning so it would be perfect in the afternoon after my workout (just knock it about a bit): YUM! + so much more filling

Last edited by doreen T : Mon, Jun-09-08 at 13:08. Reason: spam link removed
  #205   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 12:29

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%

Instead of a shake fast I'm thinking of doing something a little different. Flax cereal (1 net carb, 12 g fibre) mixed with cocoa powder and stevia (because it tastes bad without it, and then HB eggs for the rest of the day.

The cereal is very filling and only 130 calories, plus the cocoa powder.

Just need to pick a day top get started.

P.S. if you have any need for milk thistle and magnesium for regularity issues, the flax cereal is a much better alternative (at least in my experience).