Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 13:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/155/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default can I ask for help here?

I entered all the information for morningstar farms veggie sausage and it told me the calories were wrong even though A) I entered the correct calories and B) I entered 80 but it said I had entered 169 or something... I had to keep going back and reenetering different calorie amounts... the one it finally accepted was 70 but it said I had entered 140.

okay then it should be in my favorites right? or the database? but it isn't. so I can't add it to breakfast because I now can't find it. help!

I'd like to use this instead of fitday but I already have all the foods I eat entered into fitday so if it's this hard to add new foods I may skip it
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 14:12
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

If you entered 80, and it said 140, it would have said it should have been 140, but the label claims 80.

Could you post exactly what the error message said, and the label information. I might contain some hidden carbs, or the label is wrong.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 14:18

BF:

okay I can't tell you the exact message but it was basically that thecaloriesIentered werewrong

Here is the exact info off the label

serving size 2 links (45 g)
calories 80
total fat 3 g
carbs 3 g
fiber 2 g
protein 9 g

I'm fine with saying it's 149 that won't make a big difference but now I can't figure out how to add my custom foods to my daily menu! I added these, the morningstar farms veggie sausage and I also added one other thing, Boca Burgers. they don't seem to be listed any place. I mean they are in my favorites but only if I click on my favorites not right below "edit your day's foods" and if I click on my favorites and see my foods my only two choices in the drop down menu are delete or add to a recipe?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 14:34
Forum Founder

O.k., I think this qualifies as a bug

The tool has a 10% margin to allow for rounding the label data. If ithe error is above 10% it gives an error.

The label data you enteres is within the error margin, so it should have been o.k.

But the error you got was because the data is normalized to 100 grams, and at such scale, the data was beyond a 10% margin of error.

To make a long story short Enter the calories as 77 instead of 80.

This is just a short cut to make it work for now, but I'll make a fix to validate the data based on the weight stated in the label, not for 100 grams.

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 15:06

BF:

ok so now my next question was how do I now add them to my daily meals?

they aren't in the "quick add" box below...that is empty no recent foods and no favorites.

and when I go to my favorites I can't see where to add them to food eaten for the day - just to delete or to use in recipes
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 15:19
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyVey
ok so now my next question was how do I now add them to my daily meals?

they aren't in the "quick add" box below...that is empty no recent foods and no favorites.

and when I go to my favorites I can't see where to add them to food eaten for the day - just to delete or to use in recipes

You can access all these in the food lists menu, where it contains favourites, custom items, recipes, bulk items and recent entries.

Somthing may have went wrong when you created the item. Check in your custom items list, and see if it's there, then you can ad it to your favourites.

Wa'il
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 20:04

BF:

there is no way - that I can see - to add food from my food list to food that I have eaten for the day.

if it's something that's in your database I can but I can not find how to add it from my food list.

hopefully my creating a custom food will put it in your database - although I did the boca burger and the veggie sausage as custom foods and they are not in your database yet.

When I do "add/edit daily foods" my recents or favorites do not appear - there is a big blank box that looks like it should have it (and I tried restarting to see if that would work)

and when I go to my food list all my recents and custom foods are there but there is no way to add them to my foods eaten that day. just to add them to a recipe or delete them.

I suppose I could make a recipe called "breakfast" and just put in butter, eggs, coffee, cream, and veggie sausage... hmmm
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 20:07
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyVey
there is no way - that I can see - to add food from my food list to food that I have eaten for the day.

if it's something that's in your database I can but I can not find how to add it from my food list.

hopefully my creating a custom food will put it in your database - although I did the boca burger and the veggie sausage as custom foods and they are not in your database yet.

When I do "add/edit daily foods" my recents or favorites do not appear - there is a big blank box that looks like it should have it (and I tried restarting to see if that would work)

and when I go to my food list all my recents and custom foods are there but there is no way to add them to my foods eaten that day. just to add them to a recipe or delete them.

I suppose I could make a recipe called "breakfast" and just put in butter, eggs, coffee, cream, and veggie sausage... hmmm

When you say "food list" do you mean your "favourites?" Because once you have added foods to your favourites, they should show when you click "add/edit daily foods."

Rosebud
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 20:09
Forum Moderator

BF:

I should add: It's best to add all your recipes and custom foods to your favourites - that way they are readily available to add to your daily food log.

Rosebud
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 20:18

BF:

Rosebud that's exactly what I mean - they don't show up when I click add/edit daily food - nothing does. there is a box that has two headings (recent & favorites) but nothing is in the box.

I did it as recipes but now I think I see that I can add each food from my favorites if I go to my food list and click on each one individually. seems a little cumbersome.

I thought I'd be able to either highlight everything in the box, but my box is empty... or check each box on my food list and click "add all selected items"

oh well.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 20:23
Forum Moderator

BF:

When you click on Food Lists, then click on "my favourites" (although they should show as the default) are those foods in the list of your favourites?

If they are not there, you could try again to add them to your favourites.

Roz
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 20:27

BF:

it's there! I didn't do anything different but suddenly all my foods are in the quick add box! woo hoo!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 20:29

BF:

rosebud they were there in my food list but I saw no way to add everything I ate at once. if there isn't a way to do that there should be...

and until just now the quick add box on my add/edit daily summary was empty... but now it has everything in it
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 20:42
Forum Moderator

BF:

I'm very glad the gremlins have left you.

Yes, you can only add one item at a time. The best way to add more than one thing at a time is to use "bulk entry." Have you looked at that yet?

You can choose either "single meal" for something like a salad, and all the ingredients in it (like a recipe) will show on your daily log. You can edit them as you wish.
Or you can choose "multiple meals" to add a day's worth at a time. If you have a typical, for example, bacon and eggs for breakfast, followed by chicken and salad for lunch, followed by steak with broccoli for dinner, after you have added them into your Bulk Entries, all you have to do is click on "Typical Day" or whatever you want to call it, and there it is.
(Forgive me if you already know this...)

HTH!

Roz
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 20:53
Forum Founder

If the items are listed in the box on the entry page (either favourites, recent items, or results in the search box), you can select multiple items by pressing on the Ctrl key, and selecting the items with your mouse. This should add all the selected items at once.

Wa'il