Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-11, 19:42
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Plan: 5% Carbs/75% Fat/20% Prot
Stats: 191/175/150 Female 5'2"
BF:Getting lower
Progress: 39%

So, I decided to do the Shred today. Just finished.

I do still need to gain more strength in my arms. Doing the push-ups I had to do half on my knees. I also only used 5 lb weights so I'll use my 10 lb ones next time.

Not as hard as I remember when I did L1 the first time. I moved from 30 days of the Shred to Banish Fat. Back then I remember thinking it was good that I worked up to BFBM. I was sweating but nothing like BFBM where my entire shirt is soaked through.

I guess now that I started doing BFBM the Shred is a little easier. Sorta felt like I was nearing the middle of the BFBM workout.

My plan from now on will be BFBM with days of Shred & TM worked in. I'll save the Shred for when I only have a small amt of time to workout.
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Thu, Feb-17-11, 14:35
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Shred L1

Decided to do it again today. I'm running out of time to get things done here. I have to go run errands and then go to a parent teacher conf.

I mixed 5 & 10 lb weights today. Seemed like a better workout than last night. I'm going to keep at a level between Anita and Natalie. Not beginner but not quite advanced. Intermediate but I can do some advanced moves too. Especially with the cardio. I have no problem doing the jumping jacks like I do w/ BFBM and keeping up with strong butt kicks. She doesn't do plyo like she does with BFBM so my feet don't ache. When I say ache I mean it literally feels like my arches are ripping open sometimes.

...Sheesh, I don't normally like to post so much here. Usually save that for my journal!

181 lbs
  #213   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-11, 18:46
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Shred

My arms are sore after adding the 10 lb weights.
  #214   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-11, 18:08
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Shred

Hard to get motivated to do it after eating off plan yesterday Wanted to do BFBM today, lucky I got the Shred done.
  #215   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-11, 17:11
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

My goal is to get my workout done early but that has not been working out. I need to get to bed earlier! The boys are in bed by 9:00 and I really enjoy my personal free time after that. I hate going to bed before 10:30. Waa Waa...get over it!

Ok, will do the Shred in about an hour. Won't have time for more. Have to shower and leave here around 6 p.m.

Really going to shoot for an early AM BFBM workout tomorrow!
  #216   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-11, 18:06
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Need to post this now. Need to leave the house after I workout and take a shower.

Today's workout:
Shred
  #217   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-11, 07:55
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Going to do BFBM today. I will get it done and I will get it done early!
  #218   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-11, 14:26
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

BFBM

I wanted to stop at the end of each circuit! I really had to push myself today. Glad it's done for the day.
  #219   ^
Old Thu, May-26-11, 14:13
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Not posting much on this site anymore. Thought I should come post an update to have something to look back on. This is the only gym log I've ever used so it makes sense that I should come post every so often. I do log my workouts on the Beachbody site now. Makes me sad when I think about abandoning my old trusty gym log. So...not planning on permanently abandoning it

During the month of March I continued to do BFBM, treadmill and some other things.

In April I decided to try P90X again. I was soooo ready for it. I've become a Beachbody coach so I want to start using the Beachbody workouts that I have.

Today is my 40th day of P90X! I've been completely faithful to the plan since day 1.
Mid July will be the end of my 90 days. Just in time for my 40th Bday. What a great gift to myself.

My stomach has gone way down, I feel strong, I'm more muscular, my weight is down and I'm feeling great. It's an intense workout for sure but I'm determined to stick with it. Can't believe I've made so far already.

Note to self:
Remember to come back to post in progress pics. I'm amazed at the 30 day before/after.
  #220   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-11, 20:25
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Day 82 p90x

Yay...looking better and better every day.
  #221   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-11, 14:38
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Yesterday was my 90th day of P90x. I'm feeling great, looking a lot better too. Funny but I'm really enjoying being 40! I'm 40 & 4 days today and working towards being in the best shape of my life.

Can't believe i made it through the whole round of P90x. Continuing on my journey, started Insanity (another Beachbody workout) today. WOW Wow wow...insane workout. No doubt ill be able to shed more fat and see more of the muscle i gainex with P90x SOON.
This is a 60 day program I'm planning on incorporating strength training from P90x because i know how important weight training is.
  #222   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-11, 15:04
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Wow, I was really surprised that I was so sore after the few 2 Insanity workouts.

The 3rd workout has been the easiest so far. P90X had Yoga X sessions that were an hr and 1/2 long. Those really helped with this workout.

I think Insanity has 9 workouts, I haven't looked through them all.

So today is day 4. I'm going to start my workout at 5:00 p.m. Looking forward to it. I found an almost new pair of cross trainers hidden in the back of my closet. I think I bought them for when I was doing BFBM because of all the plyo.

I can't wait to try them tonight. I really hope they give me the support I need. I can't push myself if I don't have the right shoes.
  #223   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-12, 12:49
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

I'm not ready to take more than a glance at my last few posts After a month of Insanity I quit the intense workouts.

Not happy about that but all I can do is move on.

Turbo Fire today. Looking forward to it.
  #224   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-12, 13:53
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Fire 30 Class
Stretch 10 Class

Wow, what an amazing workout.

I don't think I've ever felt this way during a workout. Truly what I needed right now. I feel like all the stress just poured out of my body. I was literally in tears. Just felt such an emotional release. Never during all my years of working out have I felt this way. Tingly all over.

I wish I would have started Turbo Fire instead of Insanity last year. Oh well at least I can say I tried Insansity. Now that made my cry in a different way! I was in pain! Not a good fit for me. Made me feel like a failure. Not good when I'm already feeling like I'm failing at being a good wife and mom.

TURBO FIRE rocks!!! I started induction last mon and have lost 6 lbs so far. I'm excited to start working out again. Feels good to be motivated again.
  #225   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-12, 17:54
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Fire 45 Class
Stretch 10 Class

Feeling good, was sweating from head to toe. Cool shower after felt sooo good.