Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 07:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/176/140
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Fell off the (LC) Wagon

Happy Monday Everyone...

Well I really fell off the wagon last week and I feel terrible about it. I ate several things I shouldn't have, but learned a lot about Lo-Carbing and my body along the way. The second day I slipped up, I noticed that I was craving carbs more and eating more than I had expected. I guess my body knew I would eat too much. In the past 4 weeks of LC diet, I had broken the snack binging I had developed. Then last week it was like the more carbs I ate....the more I wanted. Snacking was coming back big-time!

News isn't so bad though. I didn't gain anything. I just felt more sluggish, and wanted more and more of those undesireable foods. I kept the cheats to a minimal (with a lot of struggle!) and exercised.

I consider this a major lesson learned though! No-More Excessive Carbs!!!! I will stick to my diet from here on out. Goodbye SUGAR permanently.

PLEASE help me stay focussed on this WOL/WOE I really need your help to keep me honest!!!! Believe it or not this board does help me. Today I am starting to do induction again....and I am looking forward to it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 08:14

Plan: Atkins/ Modified BFL
Stats: 212/174/23
BF:
Progress: 40%

Look at what you've learned here about this process and your body! I think it's fantastic that you're not beating yourself up about it and getting back to business. That is wonderful, and no doubt the way we'll have to handle all the future temptations life brings our way. You now know how your body reacts and, in a sense, maintains it's weight, and more importantly how it makes you feel after having comsumed certain foods...namely sugar.

Impressed with you girl...you got back on that horse!

Muse
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 08:53

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Nice to have you back!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 18:13
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/249.6/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%
Unhappy You're not the only one.

You'd think I would have learned by now.

I had a very bad meal of lupper (half lunch and half supper as we call it) out today. A cookie before and a cookie afterward. Chicken and beef fajitas with rice and 6 tortilla shells. But I'll just start again tomorrow with my eggs and bacon, salad with meat, and meat and green veggie, and lots of water. It could be worse, we were eating at a Friendly's and I could have had ice cream, but fortunatly even my gluttenous stomach could hold no more.

One day at a time.

Elihnig
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 18:30

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

The great thing about this WOE is you can always start over. Personally, if I eat more than about 25-30 grams of carb my cravings increase. I find it much easier to stay at about 20 grams.
Good luck on your new start.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 18:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default mind

It's interesting how our bodies talk to us or try to. I think that's why the reasoning of no cheating is so important.

I remember someone saying last year about this time, regarding the Holiday Season and eating....if we wanted to make an excuse about a special reason for cheating we could use it almost everyday, but no reason was a good enough reason for cheating. I hadn't really thought about that statement until then...and you know, it's definitely true. I was thinking about it the other day....and thought, what great advice it was.

We all live and learn what we can and can't do....

You know you can do it...and we're here to help you!!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 20:56

Plan: Schwarzbein prin
Stats: 158/155/120
BF:
Progress:

awar.... Great! picked yourself up..... dusted yourself off....

yb