Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 17:38

Plan: South Beach Mostly
Stats: 200/191/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%
Question BFL Success Journal

Hi ,

I was just wondering if any BFL-ers out there have bought the "Body For Life Success Journal" that came out in November?

Found here on Amazon.com

It looks interesting, but I'm afraid it could be a waste of money. What looks great about it is that there are pictures and a success story for every day of the 12-week challenge. That sounded like it would be very motivating in that respect!

Let me know what you think!
Titania
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 07:35

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I found it at Wal_mart yesterday for $17, so I bought it. It'll help having all my workout logs in one book. I wouldn't have paid the price on the cover of $26 though. I love your avatar!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 09:57

Plan: Protein Power/BFL
Stats: 174/146/135
BF:32.7%/25%/22%
Progress: 72%
Smile Hey Talena...

My husband came across the Success Journal at Wal Mart and bought it for me. I really like it. I noticed in your journal that your New Year's resolution is to get organized - as far as BFL goes the journal is a great way to do it.

HTH,

Robin
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 10:24

Plan: VLC
Stats: 248/188.8/148 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default I just bought it last week

in preparation for the beginning of my official 2003 challenge.
I plan on using it daily to help me keep track... I think it will be easier to have everything in one place, rather than in the 5 folders I had last time around.

Kate
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 14:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/123/111
BF:25%/23%/19%
Progress: 52%

Hi Everyone ,

My name is Karen, and I'm new here. I checked out the journal in the bookstore. It would have been a lot more helpful if it had pictures of the actual excercises in it for reference when I'm in the gym. It also didn't like the idea of lugging it around the gym.

I just photocopied the charts from the BFL book. I keep my daily chart on a clipboard and transfer it to a binder when I'm done. I like Body for Life, but I'm not a big fan of Bill Phillips. He overpromotes EAS.
-Karen C.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 19:25

Stats: 230/188/175 Female 65 inches
BF:48/idk/25
Progress: 76%

I bought the BFL Success Journal and it's been a great help to me (I'm on Ch1,W6,D40). I got it cheap in the used section of Amazon.com or half.com.

I like the fact that it has all the mindset goals, nutrition tracking, and exercise records all together, complete with a motivational note from Bill Phillips and a success story. For me it has been definitely worth the investment.

Laura
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 05:46

Plan: Atkins+BFL
Stats: 208/188.5/165 Male 5 ft 9.5 in
BF:27.5%
Progress: 45%

I also bought one from the "used" section on Amazon for about $11 (tho is was new, remaindered).

I was a little iffy about it, but now that I've received it I really like it. I use it to plan EVERYTHING for the next few days at a time (meals, workouts, etc) and the little motivational snippets are addictive.

Keep in mind that it's only a planner and record of your progress, there is NO instructional material like a previous poster thought there might be.

IMHO, worth it.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 21:28

Plan: South Beach Mostly
Stats: 200/191/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

I agree When I was on the BFL bandwagon, I loved writing in my journal. I'd always be flipping to the front and back where it shows all of the before and after pictures, they were always pretty motivating to me.

I never used it to plan meals and I didn't do the motivational objectives, but I found that just writing down and keeping track of my work-outs in a neat, organized way made the purchase well worth it.

Now I just need to get back on BFL....
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 02:55

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

For all us computer buffs, you can download Excels and PDFs of eating and exercise tracking sheets at www.bodyforlife.com. Just go to downloads. I keep track of my workouts right on my PC. Or you can print them out and make your own binder.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 13:00

Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

overstock.com has the journal for $12. I'm debating buying it. does anyone have any ideas? Can I really replace the journal with the downloads or is that only part of what's in the journal. I really wish it had instructional material. Does anyone know of a handy little book I can take to the gym or printouts?
Thanks
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 13:06

Stats: 230/188/175 Female 65 inches
BF:48/idk/25
Progress: 76%

I found the BFL Success Journal to be invaluable, because it kept all my planning and records in one place. I liked it a lot.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 13:12

Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

well, I found a $5 off coupon for new customers (anyone want, PM me), so the total came to $9.09, incl shipping, so I got it. Thanks
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 15:56
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

That's a pretty good price. Where I am, it's $30 CDN (22 US) so it didn't seem worth it to me since the BFL sheets are available for free. My book addiction is bad enough already so I went with the BFL book instead of the journal.

I just realized that the downloaded excel sheets are much better than the pdf sheets. It only took me 6 weeks to figure that one out.

Wanda
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 16:39
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I just printed out the pdf's. I have a three ring binder with tab deviders each week. I also have exercises listed in one index, my measurements, and so on. It works well enough for me, and almost no cost
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 20:02

Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

I've seen the journal at Walmart too and it looked like a great thing to get if you needed to hear more motivation stories. But then you can get them on the BFL website too.

Piano