Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-21, 17:58

Plan: LowCarb/Carnivo/Intermit
Stats: 365/279.8/190 Male 6 foot
BF:
Progress: 49%
Question Aldi keto bread??? Is it really ok?

Aldi keto bread??? Is it really ok? How much of it is safe to eat in one day? Or is it real bad.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-21, 18:29

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I don't know about Aldi, but if you are looking for a low-carb bread I have been using the bread and buns from ThinSlim Foods. Some of their stuff doesn't suit my taste at all, but I have found their basic bread to be reasonably good and their hamburger buns to be decent, as well. I don't expect low carb bread to taste as good as traditional bread -- if it did, everyone would be eating it. Both are on the small side, but they have no net carbs and are loaded with fiber -- one bun or two slices of bread have 14 g of fiber, quite a bit of which is inulin, in addition to 14 g of protein. They are roughly two to three times the price of bread/buns at the store. I don't know how that compares to other keto baked products.

For me, for now, they have been working very nicely as a means of getting my fiber intake way up without having to consume a lot of veggies (and associated carbs/sugars), which is not very doable on my current calorie targets.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-21, 18:39

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

I think Aldi keto bread is ok if a person is ok with the ingredients which include wheat. I haven't read anything bad about it. The amount of fiber in it might be daunting at first to some. I find it disappointing for some sandwiches (although convenient for grilled cheese) but it's great for toast. You can't beat those macros.