Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-17, 17:57

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Kellogg's Pop-Tart Bar

Last edited by thud123 : Wed, Feb-22-17 at 11:43.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-17, 23:08

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I choose yuck!
If I was going to do that it would be the real thing! Not that junk!
Kellogg is going broke for several reasons, including one big boycott...I say Good. They've been making us sick for too long with their processed poison fake food.
I'm glad I never fed my children cereal. Eggs with bacon or all meat sausage and maybe toast or tortilla for breakfast taco but not cereal.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-17, 08:29

BF:

I just imagine how I would feel after eating those, ish. Hopefully never more for some reason the Admins moved this into Confessions. I originally posted into war zone to see who would be very angry or accepting of this idea from Kellogg - They've gotta sell their 'tarts!

Our company works with a company that produces a very popular product that's name has something to do with Fred Flintstone's kid - Really big market share! Is that company evil? I don't think so. Is Kellogg evil? I don't think so. Do either know that they may be damaging some unfortunates that can't handle or abuse their products? Maybe.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-17, 19:13

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 232.8/210/185 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Yuck! Though I never really liked pop tarts anyway. The article made me gag a little. All that sugar.... Bleck!

It's sad to think that big business thinks that's what we want. It's even sadder that many DO want just that. I have a co-worker that is a sugar whore. The more sugar the better. He was just diagnosed with T2D. Sadness.

If I were to eat that many carbs, sugars and calories, it sure as heck wouldn't be pop-tart related. You'd find me in a high end bakery eating the good stuff! lol

Pop Tarts...no thank you Kelloggs!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-17, 09:40

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

If you took away anything that wasn't white sugar or white flour... the picture would be so small you'd need a magnifying glass.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-17, 10:30

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I had a Christmas potluck once in my early twenties. I forget what I made, but we ended up with three kinds of macaroni salad and a box of pop tarts. I find it hard to believe that somebody would by poptarts more than once. If you're going the disease by pastry route, there's a lot tastier ways to get there.

One good thing about pop-tarts, when people see "whole grain and fiber" on the box, that just might be what helps them to realize that they're living in the Matrix.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-17, 15:38

BF:

A few years ago I went to a potluck picnic. I ate a couple of bunless hamburgers and the Waldorf salad I had brought.

Everything else was based on pasta, jello, or noodles. It should have been ridiculous, but to everyone else, it was "normal."
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-17, 03:33
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Same. Yuck. I can see that there's humour and silly nostalgia here. I'm a long-time fan of thisiswhyyourefat.com . But yeah, if I decided to splurge on a cheat - both in terms of consequences and money - it would be a high-quality treat. Not the crap I ate (but never particularly enjoyed) before school as a teen.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-17, 08:02

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 236/220/185 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Funny how perceptions change. A year ago I'd be Yum! But now all I see is poison. It makes me cringe.

Even standing in the grocery store check out line makes me cringe. Standing behind an obese person, with terrible, broken out skin, who's purchases are pretty much what makes up that photo...
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-17, 08:48

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiltm
Standing behind an obese person, with terrible, broken out skin, who's purchases are pretty much what makes up that photo...

I know! And we want to tell them!

But we can't.

Far better to change the culture and let people know that way.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-17, 11:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiltm
Funny how perceptions change. A year ago I'd be Yum! But now all I see is poison. It makes me cringe.

Even standing in the grocery store check out line makes me cringe. Standing behind an obese person, with terrible, broken out skin, who's purchases are pretty much what makes up that photo...

I just smell people with bad, out of control diabetes now and I really want to tell them about it but I don't have the nerve, sadly because it might save their lives.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-17, 15:09

BF:

smell? what does that smell like?
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-17, 15:14

BF:

Someone else on here once said it smells like acetone (finger nail polish remover) and peach like combo smell.
I agree, that's about what I smell...
It's so strong smelling to me now that they can leave an store isle and the scent stays in the air.

~also... I think it's when they have Keto Acidosis? Very ill but out and about. One lady at the grocery store was buying all kinds of fruit and I just wanted to tell her. She was in the Medium range of smell.
The cashier at Walgreens was the worst I've ever smelled. It filled the store. She is gone now. Hospital or dead, IDK? sad..

http://www.diabetes.org/living-with...idosis-dka.html

This one explains it better:
http://www.webmd.com/diabetes/tc/di...opic-overview#1

Last edited by Meme#1 : Sat, Feb-25-17 at 15:25.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-17, 17:07

BF:

Good heavens. It's enough to make you cry.

The twisted part is that the people raking in the bucks are not sneakily eating Paleo behind closed doors, for the most part. I am sure the halls of Kellogs are filled with people who ate cereal for breakfast, and everyone in Big Pharma is on statins, just like the rest of the population.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-17, 19:24

Plan: , LCHF
Stats: 259.6/222.4/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67.2/60.2/normal
Progress: 29%

A week ago I was picking up my heart medication at my local Kroger's and in front of my was a person picking up her insulin and diabetes meds. She had in her cart half price Valentine's candy for at least $30 worse.. Having a big mouth I asked her if she would have some of those candies with her diabetes. She told my that she just upped her insulin before eating them.