Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-10, 05:24

Plan: Dukan & Running
Stats: 195.2/155.4/155 Female 5'9.5"
BF:Jigglin'/less/firm
Progress: 99%
Default French Atkins- the Dukan Diet?

Has anyone heard of this or tried it? I just stumbled upon this blog http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2010...esity-epidemic/ and it has me interested. Unfortunately, I have to go to work now and so must finish reading it later, but I am very interested, as I seem to be creeping through Atkins Induction. Maybe I need to try something different.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-10, 05:51
Independent Thinker

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 198/186/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

It's low fat and low carb. Definitely not Atkins.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-10, 20:53

Plan: Low Carb/ High Fat
Stats: 355/339.2/150 Female 5'4"
BF:to much
Progress: 8%

I read about this in the last issue of Womans World. It is low carb and low carb. It is not Atkins.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-10, 21:52
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb eating
Stats: 220/194/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashyc
Has anyone heard of this or tried it? I just stumbled upon this blog http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2010...esity-epidemic/ and it has me interested. Unfortunately, I have to go to work now and so must finish reading it later, but I am very interested, as I seem to be creeping through Atkins Induction. Maybe I need to try something different.

I am creeping through induction too and by creepin I mean..not lost any weight!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-10, 07:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

Personally I would say it won't work for many because it's the high fat content of Atkins that makes it a plan many can actually stick to. Low-carb/low-fat would be brutal for me. I would stay hungry and pi$$ed off
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-10, 11:33
Independent Thinker

BF:

Low carb plus low fat is very dangerous to a person's health. Google "rabbit starvation."
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-10, 12:51

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%

I just read about it in Woman's World too....it's the fat that satiates....I agree, I think I would be hungry and irritable.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-10, 16:26

Well, it was a good read, anyway- that guy is a good writer and has links on his site to absolutely everything. It sounds like Kimkins, only they don't say that diet soda is good for you- LOL.

If I could just get back below 180 again, I would feel so much better....why is it so hard this time?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-10, 16:48
Independent Thinker

BF:

If I could get back below 180, I'd feel better too. I don't know why it is so hard. Same here. I'm not weighing myself for now!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-10, 06:01

Maybe I'll do that too- I've been exactly 183.8 for the last 4 days straight. I'll give it a week and see what happens. Argh!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-10, 06:15
Registered Member

Plan: IPD/general low card
Stats: 202/196/140 Female 5' 3''
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi there

I also did a bit of research on this diet before I started Atkins but felt I'd feel waaay too deprived as you are pretty much ONLY allowed meat and low-carb veg. Its day around too so one day is meat only the next is meat + veg then back to meat again. Even on maintenance you have to eat one meat only day per week. Its definitely not for me (nowhere near enough scope for variety) but you can get the book on Amazon if you want to look into it a bit more!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-10, 11:53

Stats: 291/240/210 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

This Diet has been great so far, I am on my 3rd day and like you I felt I needed something more..

Transferring from atkins to Dukan was very simple:

Day 2 of the diet: -5lbs
Day 3: -1.4lbs
That blog you found was very inspiring to me as well

I am hoping that we are on to something effective (finally)

Just be sure to follow it to a T, do not add the *cheat foods* of low carbing ie; Low carb tortillas, pudding, nuts

It is Definately NOT the HIGH fat version like Atkins, Dukan is based on lean meats (protein)Turkey, chicken, tuna, fish... and fat free dairy products for the *Attack* phase
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-10, 12:01

Stats: 291/240/210 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

I'd also like to add, that I do find it boring, BUT... the results so far are worth it, I have been trying to get below 250 for over a month and had no success until now.

I have not been hungry, in fact I have found a loss of interest in eating, which is good in my case.

I look forward to hitting my goal weight and getting to add some great foods back in, and also the 2 cheat meals a week!! Something to look forward to!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-10, 13:18

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 205/193/165 Male 68.5 in
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Dukan rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Lily
Low carb plus low fat is very dangerous to a person's health. Google "rabbit starvation."

Dukan has you eat a tablespoon and a half of oat bran every day. You get enough high quality carbs and fat to keep you healthy, believe me. Fat is everywhere, so even if you're avoiding it, you'll get enough.

I've been on it since July 1, and the weight is coming off very slowly (12 lbs). It's nice to have it creeping downward, rather than upward. My energy is high, I've felt very positive the whole time and my girlfriend says my skin is looking great.

Meat is the one food I would feel deprived of if I was reducing my consumption of it, so Dukan is the perfect diet for me. I don't mind eating lean meat as long as I can eat enough to feel satiated. This is the first time I've ever been on a diet that does not feel like one.

I've occasionally been out with groups having a meal, and staying on plan has not bee an option in those situations. I don't sweat it at all because I know I'll be back on it the next day.

I'm confident that I'll be at my goal weight in 6-12 months, and I feel like for the first time in my life I have an easily implementable technique to knock off any small amount weight I might gain afterward.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-10, 15:40

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_jonesy
Meat is the one food I would feel deprived of if I was reducing my consumption of it, so Dukan is the perfect diet for me. I don't mind eating lean meat as long as I can eat enough to feel satiated.
well maybe Dukan is not the plan for me then, as meat is the one thing I would happily give up if I could find a good way to stay LC for the long haul without it. But when I do eat meats I love them to be fatty meats. Lean meats? Blech.