Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-19, 14:50

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Exclamation I realized where everyone went......

This board used to be THE SPOT to come to for advice, help, recipes, or just to gripe. Now, it's dead. And then it occurred to me, where everyone has gone....

Off to Facebook. There are so many pages there for the SBD and keto.

And on Reddit. I just joined their SBD subreddit.

I guess online message boards and forums are 'old fashioned' now, and it's a shame. I really enjoy this layout a lot more than FB, which I hate. Reddit is okay though-- once you figure out how to use it.

I'm going to keep coming here though-- to log my weight, post my thoughts, get recipes. It helps me stay on track.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-19, 15:07

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I dont do Facebook.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-19, 20:31

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I did facebook for a while.

Then I found out they were analyzing our likes/dislikes, reading our private messages, reading our public posts, and using the data to feed fraud news to on-the-fence voters for the purpose of rigging a presidential election. So I deleted my data and unsubscribed. (I use fraud news instead of fake news because it is fraud - fake news minimizes the crime.)

I don't care if it's for the candidate I voted for or the candidate I voted against, rigging an election is not in my set of values, and by staying on FB not only says I approve of such actions, but it makes me an accessory to the crime.

They no longer make one red cent of my information to use for criminal activity.

If people continue to support this evil entity, it will never go away. It's past time for all to jump ship off facebook. Unless you want to be an accessory to a crime.

Bob
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-19, 23:00

BF:

Bob, I love you !!!!! I set up FB acct to reach a friend... filled out everything with bogus info. Felt FB was not deserving of my personal data loooong before the last election.

Fake ads appeared in other formats online because I remember one particularly vile anti -candidate ad, and it wasnt FB as that was already a thing of the past.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 02:06
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Arielle, same here. I spelled my name wrong and my last name is actually my occupation - I created this account solely to keep in touch with coworkers, mainly ones that I don't see anymore (our jobs get switched around a lot) plus the one I was close with that got pregnant and went on mat leave.

In addition to the privacy concerns, I deleted my 'real' FB account because it was seriously stressing me out to see the true colours of some of my relatives, acquaintances and coworkers. Things they'd never say at the family dinner or in the workplace, they thought it was fine to spew on social media.

Tip if you're going to keep using it: use FB Purity.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 03:44

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I loathe the way Facebook is unstructured, so the same questions get asked over and over. I wish there was a board like this for fasting, but ...
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 04:37

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

I never liked Facebook, and now I like it far less. Business ethics have fallen so low the guy who made all the money acted truly astonished that he might have a social obligation to the civilization that let him make all that money.

But yes, social media has really cut into the old social structures like Forums. But it depends: we keep going (and I pay for membership every year) because we are a core of people who have been doing this for years, helping each other, following developments, being encouraging and supportive.

Which is far more valuable than random spouting off and dealing with trolls that happens elsewhere
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 05:30

BF:

"FB Purity." Wow, I'm going to check that out! I have never heard of it. I too loathe FB. Truly hate it. I wish I'd never talked my mom into signing up for it. Namely, I use it for my beagle's account--- it's a lot of fun to post his photos and videos of my little guy. Best dog I ever had.... but I really don't use FB much anymore. Too many political ads. TOO MUCH DRAMA~

I thought a lot of ppl had gone to Reddit for SBD, but after looking it over, I realized most of the posts there were old, inactive, and archived. So where IS everybody?

So nice to see you guys here!!! This board use to be JUMPING!!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 07:52

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I've hated FB since the first day I signed up some 15 years ago, and now I despise it even more, especially how FB has taken over everything. Haven't been back for several years, but still haven't deleted the account, heh.

I can't bear how unstructured FB is, can't find anything except what's currently running, much like Twitter. Guess that's the modern brain these days... current 30-second bites of info, with no retention at all.

I wonder what college is like these days....
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 08:10
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Oooooh, yes. FB Purity is the ONLY way to use FB.
Just like ADBLOCK Plus is the only way to use the internet.
Get rid of advertisements and whatever else you don’t want to deal with.
But I love FB because I am in touch with so many people, especially a lot of people that used to be here, at the forum...

Some people have stopped dieting and have accepted the fact that they are heavy and will remain heavy.. many of those people have left this forum.
I’ve been here 16 yrs.
I document everything I can in my journal.. reading back 10 years from now is most enlightening.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 08:49

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

You can use whatever you want, put whatever alias you want, but in the end, you are still aiding and abetting a criminal activity.

I'm not judging, just explaining.

My business is probably hurting by not being on Facebook, but it's worth it to me not to help destroy what's left of the democratic in our democratic republic.

Bob
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 11:03

BF:

When I get home to my iMac later, I'm going to download the FB Purity extension. Thanks for the tip!

(I guess you can't use it on an ipad, can you? I'd love to put it on my mom's. Her FB is so cluttered with political ads, it's terrible! And untruthful news pages too).
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 17:47

Plan: LC/GF
Stats: 208/174/168 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
I document everything I can in my journal.. reading back 10 years from now is most enlightening.
I Agree. Lots of personal value.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 22:23

BF:

My son uses a chat room that keeps info for a bit more than a nanosecond. He's chatting with his friends, info is gone like a phone conversation. I caution him that its really not private, use with care. There are those that can access the stored data off in cyberspace.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-19, 02:46

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal

Myself as well. I started before the health crisis which I am still resolving, and it has been an incredible record of all the challenges and an account of what did, and didn't work.