Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-14, 21:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/188/175 Female 65 inches
BF:48/idk/25
Progress: 76%
Default Nsv

This is a great thread. I threw away my scale, which was my ultimate declaration of independence! Here are some of my recent non-scale victories:

-hearing this week someone over my shoulder at work trying to catch my attention by saying, "hey, Skinny." I am not skinny, nor do I want to be, but how very refreshing!

-being able to shop in cool consignment stores where I can get well-made clothes in excellent condition very inexpensively. Nice, particularly while I continue losing and my size is not yet stable.

-someone at work this week told me I inspired her to try low carb and she has already been losing weight and feeling great. Nice to know one more person is saved from the LFHC perils.

-I saw a friend I hadn't seen in a year tonight and she commented on my smaller size.

-being surprised as I pass by mirrors--I love to see my curvy shape these days.

-nearly every day for the last month or two people have commented that I look great.

-I had to donate all my clothes to my sister and dig out those size 16 and 14 jeans to wear.

-almost NEVER feeling hungry! Woo-hoo!

-eating has become simpler: If I don't have something on hand, I just grab some deli meat and smother it in olive oil, mayo, or some other pleasing kind of fat, then pop a handful of macadamia nuts or some veggies and I'm good to go for many hours.

-giving hope to others, especially those I care about who have diabetes or metabolic syndrome.

-going off my statin drugs.

-having more energy through the day and into the evenings.

-Finally feeling in tune with my body after years of trying and struggling to be a "good girl" and follow the establishment's low fat, high carb poisonous advice. I don't struggle or have to wear myself out using willpower to deal with the cravings that were my constant companion when I was eating low fat.

-having a community such as this one that inspires me and supports me.
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-14, 21:24

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1
This is a great thread. I threw away my scale, which was my ultimate declaration of independence! Here are some of my recent non-scale victories:

-hearing this week someone over my shoulder at work trying to catch my attention by saying, "hey, Skinny." I am not skinny, nor do I want to be, but how very refreshing!

-being able to shop in cool consignment stores where I can get well-made clothes in excellent condition very inexpensively. Nice, particularly while I continue losing and my size is not yet stable.

-someone at work this week told me I inspired her to try low carb and she has already been losing weight and feeling great. Nice to know one more person is saved from the LFHC perils.

-I saw a friend I hadn't seen in a year tonight and she commented on my smaller size.

-being surprised as I pass by mirrors--I love to see my curvy shape these days.

-nearly every day for the last month or two people have commented that I look great.

-I had to donate all my clothes to my sister and dig out those size 16 and 14 jeans to wear.

-almost NEVER feeling hungry! Woo-hoo!

-eating has become simpler: If I don't have something on hand, I just grab some deli meat and smother it in olive oil, mayo, or some other pleasing kind of fat, then pop a handful of macadamia nuts or some veggies and I'm good to go for many hours.

-giving hope to others, especially those I care about who have diabetes or metabolic syndrome.

-going off my statin drugs.

-having more energy through the day and into the evenings.

-Finally feeling in tune with my body after years of trying and struggling to be a "good girl" and follow the establishment's low fat, high carb poisonous advice. I don't struggle or have to wear myself out using willpower to deal with the cravings that were my constant companion when I was eating low fat.

-having a community such as this one that inspires me and supports me.

LOVE THIS!!! All of it! Bravo!!! and hear, hear!!!
  #183   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-14, 00:55

Stats: 169.2/137/149 Female 69inches
BF:
Progress: 159%

Mine is qurky,,,,last Oct..I bought silks for my trip to Europe..( silks are slim insulating underwear)...I needed them for my motorcycle trip to Tucson this week.......they were so loose as to be disrupting .. ...too big....way too big...I grabbed my sz 4 DKNY jeans for my trip...way too big..loose sloppy and uncomfortable...they used to be my favorite jeans!!
My skinny butt left me with callouses...from the motorcycle and horseback ride..
  #184   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-14, 10:02

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbedd
Mine is qurky,.....
My skinny butt left me with callouses...from the motorcycle and horseback ride..

That is the one negative thing about weight loss. I am not looking forward to once more having a very sore tailbone, once I lose the padding. I jammed it when I was 17 and when I got down to goal in '99, it hurt to sit. I don't know what I'm going to do. I guess I could have all my loose skin transplanted to my butt bone.
  #185   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 16:15

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

Sore tail bone and when I lay on my side in bed my knees hurt because they are touching each other. Hence, the reason for a pillow.
  #186   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 19:57

BF:

Love this thread!!!
  #187   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 20:02

BF:

I went to the DMV yesterday...4 years ago I got my original drivers license I weighed 150 ( don't ask what happened in between) I was able to honestly put 137 as my weight...my license is good for 8 more years...my goal is to be within 5 lbs when I next go for my license
  #188   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 22:20

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Put on my winter boots for the first time this year - they are too loose! LOL
  #189   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 22:48

BF:

Like Button!
  #190   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-14, 07:54

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatt
Put on my winter boots for the first time this year - they are too loose! LOL

That's great. I know someone with dainty little feet who was never able to find boots that would zip up over her legs. She was always insecure about her 'fat' legs. Well, she told me she'd never lost as much weight in her life as she has now that she's gone low carb- and now I notice she's wearing boots!
  #191   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-14, 08:23

BF:

love the boots thing!!
  #192   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-15, 00:19

BF:

Reviving this awesome thread...

In the hall at school the other day, two former students (now in an older grade) both said, "You looked SO beautiful yesterday!"
"I did?" I asked.
"YES!" they both said together. "We looked out the window at recess and we said, 'Who IS that on duty? And it was YOU!'
"Wow, thanks girls."

...I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to remember what I wore the day before! haha
  #193   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-15, 01:25

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.6/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

I pulled out all my summer sundresses and tried them on. Some of them I haven't fit into in literally years! They ALL fit nicely!
  #194   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-15, 09:15

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCM
I pulled out all my summer sundresses and tried them on. Some of them I haven't fit into in literally years! They ALL fit nicely!

#195   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-15, 09:48

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCM

Just one more reason for you to look forward to summer.