Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-15, 12:27

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

The longest my hair had ever grown in my life was to my mid-back. But LCHF grew it down to my waist.

I run into people my age (60), some of whom I knew 10-35 years ago, but I don't or barely recognize them now. Some look to be in their 70s or 80s.
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-15, 14:38

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/200/120 Female 63
BF:
Progress:

I still remember the first time I could cross my legs again....I couldn't stop doing it, it felt so wonderful!!
  #243   ^
Old Fri, Apr-24-15, 18:47

Plan: lo-carb, atkins
Stats: 202/195/130 Female 5ft. 1 1/2inch.
BF:
Progress: 10%

Isn't wonderful to be able to cross your legs again. Wow how I always used to take that for granted!
When I take a shower now also I don't have to pick up a bunch of hair from the drain anymore.
My latest victory....I am losing a chin. Soon I'll only have one.
  #244   ^
Old Fri, Apr-24-15, 18:54
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 215/210/165 Female 5'7"
BF:

I too am SO grateful I found this WOE before it was too late for me too. I was starting to get all the usual complaints, sore and swollen knees, water retention, acid reflux, sleep apnea ... ad nauseum.

Though I have barely lost more than a few pounds, I have lost some inches so there is that.

The absolute best part though is the feeling of well being (not that all the aches have gone away, but most have) and this lifestyle cured my seriously escalating IBS. That was threatening to ruin my life it was getting so out of control. My guts were killing me. Who knew it was carbs all along ? I realized a complete cure in 1 week - this after 25 years of increasing misery. That right there is the biggest NSF I could hope for.

PS - Super long hair is possible for us older gals and I know LCHF is helpful for achieving it. I started growing it longer about 5 years ago (don't ask me why, just had a notion that I wanted to) and I am now at mid-thigh and should make it to knee length by fall. And it is not thin and wispy either. See my Avatar - that was last summer.
  #245   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-15, 06:06

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

I can tell when I am putting on weight mostly in my legs, then I can't cross them.
  #246   ^
Old Mon, May-11-15, 11:54
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I went shopping for new clothes this past weekend for the first time in years. It is not that I never wore anything new; I just let my wife do the honors with finding the 3X and 4X clothes for me to wear. This time, I actually went to the store to shop for myself (cringe). But that is not the NSV. The NSV is that my pants and tops could be found on the regular clothing rack -- not in the Big & Tall section. Nothing on the Big & Tall racks will fit me anymore. My size is at the far end of the regular clothes rack -- but they are on the regular rack and that is what counts. So I've graduated down to normal sized clothes for the first time in over 2 decades! I also have so many more options now -- so much to choose from. How does one decide what to buy? I am so out of practice with this.
  #247   ^
Old Mon, May-11-15, 11:59

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
I went shopping for new clothes this past weekend for the first time in years. It is not that I never wore anything new; I just let my wife do the honors with finding the 3X and 4X clothes for me to wear. This time, I actually went to the store to shop for myself (cringe). But that is not the NSV. The NSV is that my pants and tops could be found on the regular clothing rack -- not in the Big & Tall section. Nothing on the Big & Tall racks will fit me anymore. My size is at the far end of the regular clothes rack -- but I've graduated to normal sized clothes now for the first time in over 2 decades. I also have so many more options now -- so much to choose from. How does one decide what to buy? I am so out of practice with this.
That is a wonderful NSV. I look forward to the day I don't have to shop in the plus section!
  #248   ^
Old Mon, May-11-15, 18:41

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

Ken, that is exciting to be shopping in the normal section.
  #249   ^
Old Mon, May-11-15, 19:23
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Thanks ladies. It actually came as quite a shock that there was nothing I could wear on the big & tall rack. I have to admit - I never thought I'd see the day. I really didn't. The moral of the story here is that you don't have to believe you can do it. You just have to stay on plan. That is when the magic begins to happen and the impossible can become reality.
  #250   ^
Old Mon, May-11-15, 19:41

Plan: <30 Net Carbs
Stats: 270/210/130 Female 5'4"
BF:51/45/ ???
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
I went shopping for new clothes this past weekend for the first time in years. It is not that I never wore anything new; I just let my wife do the honors with finding the 3X and 4X clothes for me to wear. This time, I actually went to the store to shop for myself (cringe). But that is not the NSV. The NSV is that my pants and tops could be found on the regular clothing rack -- not in the Big & Tall section. Nothing on the Big & Tall racks will fit me anymore. My size is at the far end of the regular clothes rack -- but they are on the regular rack and that is what counts. So I've graduated down to normal sized clothes for the first time in over 2 decades! I also have so many more options now -- so much to choose from. How does one decide what to buy? I am so out of practice with this.

Congratulations! The switch to normal sized clothing should come with some sort of plaque or diploma!
  #251   ^
Old Tue, May-12-15, 06:23

Plan: mine
Stats: 222/185/143 Male 175
BF:
Progress:

same person same neck same face same mouth!
My face almost shrinked to half
Sorry can't send full facial pictures but no one can tell they are same person.
I can see my neck and my face is a NSV! before it was hidden under my fat.

#252   ^
Old Wed, May-20-15, 14:04

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 332/282/250 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 61%

My most recent NSV has been a marked improvement in flexibility. I don't think I realized how much my excess fat was weighing me down. Also, I'm running out of breath a lot less easily.
  #253   ^
Old Wed, May-20-15, 17:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/165/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 30%

I've been having a mini pity party latey. I started low carb April 4th and haven't seen the scales move for the past month. After reading through the posts I went and tried on some clothes in my closet that were *very* uncomfortable just a couple of months ago... and quite a few fit well! Woo!!! I really didn't think it was possible because I didn't really feel it in my current clothes.
  #254   ^
Old Sun, May-24-15, 14:23

Plan: lo-carb, atkins
Stats: 202/195/130 Female 5ft. 1 1/2inch.
BF:

micha...how wonderful! That's a big plus. congratulations.
  #255   ^
Old Sun, May-24-15, 15:45

Plan: Atkins72, mostly
Stats: 294/178.6/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Five years ago, before regaining 40 pounds, I found some jeans that I really liked. Of course because I really liked them, the store decided not to carry them any more-- hahaha-- but on the plus side, during their closeout sale I bought several pair for a great price, including 3 pair in a size smaller than I could wear, since I planned to keep losing...... but I did the opposite.

So yesterday I finally took them down off the high shelf in the laundry room where they had been sitting for five years folded with tags still on, and I put a pair on and wore them all day, and they FIT :-)

Last edited by Himadri : Mon, May-25-15 at 06:01. Reason: clarity