Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 17:44
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 152/152/140 Female 64
BF:don't/wanna/know
Progress: 0%
Default new to SB & have "fat" questions

i'm sorry-i know the "fat" questions have been asked in many different ways...should you/do you keep track of daily fat content? what should the range be? also, how do you stay full on less fat? I do plan to focus on good fats, just unsure how much.

i've been doing protein power, and of course, kept higher fat levels than i can reasonably do now. protein power has worked well to lose, but i have to admit it's not a long-term solution for me. Even though i don't feel deprived of carbs on a daily basis, i've noticed that recently i'm triggered by "breaks" (vacations/weekends away, etc) and end up on 1-2 week long binges. not good i think that eating healthy carbs like oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatos, etc 1x/day or a few times a week will work much better for me. so, today is my first day of SB phase I!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 22:21
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Hi and welcome!

I'd like to ask you if you've read any of the SBD books yet?
We have all the food lists and meal plan guides here in our weighin thread(2nd and 3rd posts) for you to print up easily and use for reference. All guidelines can be seen, fats included, in the meal plan chart and the food lists.

While we don't actually count the levels of fats or carbs that we eat, when following the meal plan chart, it tells us when and how much fat we are to add to our meals.

I can tell you that at your current weight, phase I will raise your carb levels up a bit and fats will come down...if you eat according to the plan. You should see a few pounds of loss during these 2 weeks. You are very close to yur goal so it will be slow going for you to get to your goal.

As for adding in starches(brown rice, sweet potatoes, etc), I'm sure you know that phase I does not include any of them. Phase II is when we add those in.

As for adding fat for fullness, I do add 1/2 avocado and olives to my salads in addition to evoo/balsamic dressing. I am always full for hours after eating them. Also, eggs are very filling and we can eat whole eggs, not just whites.

I hope that this answers your questions. Good luck!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 23:33
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 152/152/140 Female 64
BF:don't/wanna/know
Progress: 0%

yes, i have the book & have read it. i've also printed the foods list. the healthy carbs that i referred to, i know not to eat until phase II. i want to be able to enjoy eating, which i don't think i'm doing right now. i do realize that weight will come off slowly given my stats and i'm ok with that. i think i'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed in regard to transitioning over to SB. i appreciate your response support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Hi and welcome!

I'd like to ask you if you've read any of the SBD books yet?
We have all the food lists and meal plan guides here in our weighin thread(2nd and 3rd posts) for you to print up easily and use for reference. All guidelines can be seen, fats included, in the meal plan chart and the food lists.

While we don't actually count the levels of fats or carbs that we eat, when following the meal plan chart, it tells us when and how much fat we are to add to our meals.

I can tell you that at your current weight, phase I will raise your carb levels up a bit and fats will come down...if you eat according to the plan. You should see a few pounds of loss during these 2 weeks. You are very close to yur goal so it will be slow going for you to get to your goal.

As for adding in starches(brown rice, sweet potatoes, etc), I'm sure you know that phase I does not include any of them. Phase II is when we add those in.

As for adding fat for fullness, I do add 1/2 avocado and olives to my salads in addition to evoo/balsamic dressing. I am always full for hours after eating them. Also, eggs are very filling and we can eat whole eggs, not just whites.

I hope that this answers your questions. Good luck!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-11, 08:43
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny420
yes, i have the book & have read it. i've also printed the foods list. the healthy carbs that i referred to, i know not to eat until phase II. i want to be able to enjoy eating, which i don't think i'm doing right now. i do realize that weight will come off slowly given my stats and i'm ok with that. i think i'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed in regard to transitioning over to SB. i appreciate your response support!

Quote:
how do you stay full on less fat?

Good Morning!
I don't think that I directly answered this question. Sorry!
I have always been a big veggie lover and do fill up on them instead of fat. Its worked for me.