Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-05, 14:45

Plan: SB
Stats: 142/135/120 Female 5:3
BF:
Progress:

Sue - I think it is like anything else....you got to stick to it. I phoned to find out the price and it rocked me - $175.00 plus GST for 12 weeks. Then a friend told me that when you don't go to a meeting, you are put down and they still count that as a meeting (say if it was a blizzard and you had to go home early or something). I also went and got groceries at lunch time (camping stuff) and I ran into a lady that used to go to it and the last time I saw her, she looked pretty good. Well she has gained all the weight back so is it worth spending all the money.....may be not. I am broke as is.

So I am rethinking it. I think after this weekend, I will really hit the gym and go back to Induction....in serious!

Cuves - I went to it but I did not really enjoy it. I prefer to do weights and have the gym's free access here. So, what is my excuse? Lazy.... Keep up the good work with your walking.

There were some nasty virus last night -....
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-05, 19:13
Registered Member

Plan: ---
Stats: ---/---/--- Female ---
BF:
Progress:

Hi ladies:

With all the rain, being at a very difficult part in the program and having to pick dd up tomorrow, I needed mental health day so took today off work. I did the curves thing a couple of years ago but it didn't really work well for me. I had to go there right after work so I could get home and fix supper, etc. They're only open till 7 p.m. so going later in the evening didn't help either. I think (know) my eating is related to comforting myself and going somewhere to work out and not talk to anyone didn't meet my needs. I like this board so much better - at least I can come on here, at my convenience, read the posts and then check out our Alberta Cuties board.

Sue: Hope you have a great time with Bayley. He sounds so sweet and I think a red bike is something all boys should have. We got our grandson a red bike last year and he loves it. And yes - we'll hold down the fort while Jas is off having a great time

Jas: Have a great weekend - drive carefully and can't wait to hear about all the fun you had.

Have a great night everyone - and a super day tomorrow.

dashykathy
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 08:13

BF:
Progress:

I am back ladies and what a fine sunny Monday it is. But, it was hard to get up this a.m. - I am tired!

We actually had really nice weather. The fishing was slow but we were not "skunked". The boat motor died but DH had a spare. This is the first time we have had any trouble with it. Yesterday, was our 1st yr. wedding anniversary so we really celebrated. In the upcoming week, we have to get the boat & fifth wheel cleaned and put away as I doubt we will be going out again this summer.

THE TRIP WAS EXPENSIVE!!! GAS ALONE AMOUNTED TO CLOSE TO $250.00 FOR THE TRIP & BOAT!

With all the rain, the grass needs to be cut again.... This is like a 6 hr. job for us because of the amount of land we have!!!

So, it looks like you two were very busy too this weekend? DK - did you pick up DD? How is she doing? Sue, I bet you enjoyed the beautiful weather with Bayley. Cute name!

So today I am re-inducting for 2 weeks.....I am also starting gym - yep, I gained this weekend! BBL when you ladies check in!
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 19:06
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hi Jas - sounds like you had a great weekend - except for the cost of gas though!! DD was home for the weekend and DH took her back last night after she got off work. We also have our granddaughter with us for a week and then she's home to her mom (in b.c.). We have a wedding to go to this Saturday and I have a feeling that I'll be joining you in induction after come Sunday morning

Sue - how was your time with Bayley?? Hope you had a great weekend.

dashykathy
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-05, 12:02

BF:
Progress:

Don't tell me that Sue has deserted us too................check in girl - SOON!

I am so glad that I got all the lawn cut last night! There is a weather advisory on rain for our area and Sue's Edmonton area. DK - is the rain going to hit you too?

So, I am on second day of Induction....feel good - I would love for you to join me when you get back Kathy! How old is your granddaughter? Are you going to drive her back to BC? Enjoy your time with her!!

BBL
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-05, 12:27

Stats: 205/176/150 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 53%

I'm still here, but very, very busy!! Not much time to type a lot, so I'll be abbreviated.....
- had a blast with Bayley on Saturday - played for 2+ hours at the parks
- did the Fringe on Sunday all day in the sun (ouch!) but had a lot of fun there as well (ate wrong too but walked tons!)
- Monday & today very busy at work - my best friend & co-worker left to live in BC, so guess who's doing my work and hers??
- attending an auction in St. Albert on Monday & Tuesday evening, so my evenings are booked as well.

Jas, happy belated anniversary and I'll be joining you & Kathy on induction but have to wait until next week (an excellent idea by the way!!)

Kathy, have fun with your grandaughter - grandkids are just way too much fun - one of the greatest perks of getting older in my opinion!

Well, gotta run - hopefully I'll get to chat more on Wednesday or Thursday!

Sue
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 07:55

BF:

Morning everyone! Have a quick minute here so thought I would post my new 'plan'. I won a draw for a free 2-week membership at the World Health Club, so my sister & I are going on Saturday to get our free membership. It will start on Sunday, Aug. 28 and end on the Sunday of the long weekend. So.....my plan is to go back on induction for these 2 weeks and we're going to go to the 'club' every night for 1 to 2 hours of different exercise (other than walking, that is). I'm also going to keep a log of my eating and what exercises & equipment I use in my journal (hopefully every day!). I figure these 2 weeks should get me down significantly - my goal is to lose 10 pounds. I've always wanted to try out one of these exercise clubs & all their equipment, but just can't justify spending all that money right now, so this free 'mini' membership is coming at a great time for me.

Have a great day and try and stay dry!! It's horribly wet out there today!

Sue
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 08:38

BF:
Progress:

Sue glad you checked in and by the way better develop web feet if you are walking any where today....

We have had over 2.5 inches of rain. My country gravel roads are a mess. Good thing I drive a 4 x 4. It is supposed to go all day and night like this and the wind has also picked up. Talked to Mom last night and she was happy that it was raining as they put sod in front of her area. Sue, did you get sod too?

Awesome job on getting the free membership. I like my gym stuff. It is too bad I quit every now and then when I get lazy! But on the good side, I was up at 6:00 a.m. doing my ab workout.... I have also lost 3 lbs. since Induction on Monday.

Question - are both of you starting Induction this coming Sunday - August 28?

Morning Dashykathy! Are you having rain as well? With both of you ladies talking about grandchildren makes me want to have some - but not quite....

On another note, we are coming to see Santana in September and Judas Priest in October. I may be 53 yrs. old but a young rock & roller 53. BBL
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 16:06

BF:

Well, just checked the weather report for the next 2 days --- Sunny for the next couple of days, at least!! YIPPEE It's about dern time, too!! No need to grow those web feet yet

Jas, congratulations on your 3lb. loss!! I'm definitely going back on induction starting this Sunday - maybe even Saturday, but it depends on when I go for groceries! I'm looking forward to going to the gym as well - I really hope I can get below 165 - it would definitely be a record for me!!

I love Santana!! Can't afford tickets, though, but I've got a bunch of his music on CD's. Who says you have to be young to enjoy rock music? I listen to the K-Rock station all the time - plus CISN Country as well - I pretty much love all kinds of music! How else would I get my housework done ....& my walking!!

Well, it's almost time to pack things up here - talk to you tomorrow!!

Sue
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 19:38
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

This horrible wet rainy weather is getting me down!!! Thank heavens it's supposed to be nice tomorrow. GD is still here and we are sure enjoying her. Last night we went shopping and got all her school supplies, new backpack, lunch bag and two new outfits for school so she'll be looking sharp. Not much time for posting - have to join her on the couch for a movie now!!!

Sue - enjoy the gym - please feel free to exercise for me too Can't wait to hear what you've enjoyed the most there!!!

Jas - congrats on the 3 lb. loss - as soon as dg is gone it's back to induction for me.

Take care both of you!! Hope the weather changes as promised and we can all enjoy some nice hot weather.

dashykathy
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-05, 10:38

BF:
Progress:

Morning Sue & DK - another rainy day for us cuties but as Sue said, the weekend looks so nice.

A state of emergency has been declared for some towns close to us. We live on a big hill in the country and so no water in our basement - thank Lord! There is water in large puddles all over my yard though!

Okay - I have to tell you ladies, I am so proud of myself - I am actually sticking to it this time!! I lost another l lb. Total of 4 lbs. since Monday morning. Of coursethese were the 4 that I gained while on vacation but I will take it!

I am looking forward to you both starting again with me - we can compare menus, hints, etc. Remind me to tell you about the yummy crustless pumpkin cheesecake that I made with Splenda!!

DK - What movie did you see last night? How old is your DG? I hope the weather is beautiful for you on Saturday as I think you have a wedding to go to -

Sue - Do you watch Rockstar INXS on TV?
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-05, 10:52

BF:

Hooray for Fridays!!! I'm pumped about this weekend - lots going on, but I'm also determined to go back on Induction again! Congrats Jas on your continuing loss - you're doing great and you inspire me to get serious about this again. Your pumpkin cheesecake sounds yummy, but for the first week it's gonna be just 'straight ol' plain food' for me like grilled meats, fish and salads & veggies. Sometimes, I find if I use the splenda, it starts my cravings again.

My plan for the weekend is off to the Farmer's Market (for fresh salad fixin's), then to the library for some reading material, register for my free 2-weeks at the gym, and lots of walking. Sunday, my sister & I are playing golf with my son & DIL and then hopefully, head over to the gym for our first try at that place. (I should get quite a workout if I'm doing it for both of us, Kathy! ) In between all these activities, I must get proper groceries for the next 2 weeks as well. I weighed myself this morning and I'm back up to 170 - gained back the 2 precious pounds that I lost a week ago.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you Jas, that the rain stops and gives your ground time to dry out!! I couldn't believe the rainfall amounts that they were saying on the news last night - hope everything stays dry for your house!

It's fairly quiet here at the office today - everyone's on the road so it's just me and a couple of the guys in the office. Hopefully, today will go really fast and it'll be the weekend really soon!

Sue
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-05, 15:41

BF:
Progress:

Good afternoon everyone.....I am just coming up for air!

I was training a new employee and I just got a minute - 1 hr. to MASSAGE & then home!!!

Sue & Dashy Kathy have a great weekend guys! Looks like both of you have tons of things planned! And the weather is great - actually hot here in the office today! Lets start our Induction together ladies - See you on Monday!
  #104   ^
Old Sat, Aug-27-05, 13:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/172/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hi, Everyone!
I just found this forum recently and am thrilled to know there are other Albertans here.
I live in Edmonton, and have been LCing for a few years now.
I love the lifestyle and how well I feel while sticking to it.
I stay at home, raise puppies, and enjoy several kinds of crafts. All my kids are grown, so have lots of time to do the things I enjoy.
It is so nice to know there are others close by that are low carbers, too.
jennilyn
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Aug-27-05, 13:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/172/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 58%

I was just wondering if anyone in the Edmonton area has found a good source for coconut oil, and how much it costs?
Thanks,
Jennilyn