Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 12:29

Plan: SB
Stats: 205/176/150 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Alberta Cuties!

Hey, where is everyone!! It's Wednesday already and no one started this new thread, so I've taken the plunge!! Welcome to all Albertans - current & former ones.Tell us a bit about yourself - I'll start!
I live in Edmonton (Millwoods), am divorced, have 2 married sons & a wonderful grandson who turns 4 this July. I am the administrator for a communications company and I love my job and my life right now - couldn't be happier (well, OK.....maybe once I reach my goal weight, I'll be happier!). I love to cook, so I have to walk! Actually, I love walking - can't run because of bad knees, but I strap on my MP3's and head outside or in the mall if the weather isn't co-operating! Well, that's enough about me........your turn!!!
Sue
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 15:01

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey there! I'm a former born and raised Edmontonian!

Our family used to live in Lakeview, I believe that's in the northern part! We moved to High Level in '90 and then to Yellowknife in '95!

I work for the territorial government, have two brothers who both gave me neices last year. Single, no kids and LC-ing since Feb. 2!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 15:44

BF:

Hey, Misskimbee - I remember now......Korean BBQ, right??! My nephew Ron & his family live in Yellowknife.
Sue
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 15:16

Stats: 142/135/120 Female 5:3
BF:
Progress:

Sorry ladies – I have been MIA – but I am so glad that this thread was started!!

Okay, a bit about me:

I live 2 hours away from Edmonton on an acreage. I am 53 yrs. old and I recently got married to my best friend (last year). Yes, there is life after 50!! LOL I have two grown up kids – son being an electrical engineer and my daughter in 2nd yr. of University. Here is a link to our wedding pics.... http://community.webshots.com/user/jas280 I work full time which is fine by me for now any ways but I don't think it will bother me if I won a million bucks and could seek early retirement!

Sue – my mom lives in Millwoods!! LOL on being happier when reaching the goal – me too! We recently bought a bowflex and a treadmill and DH and I getting very exercise conscious. My hubby is 10 yrs. younger so I need to keep up with him!!! Awesome on having a grandson. I gather your family lives in Edmonton as well.

Hey Misskimbee – Yellowknife – wow a long ways away from the praries. Welcome. What is the weather there like? It is 19 degrees here today but the wind is chilly!

Kapior – I saw your post girl and I see you are close to Edmonton as well!

Carrot-top & Debbie – Hi – come join us.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 15:19

BF:

Ugh, it is still pretty miserable here, ranging from -7 to 7 degrees! Ick! But it's expected, May in the Arctic isn't like May in the prairies :P
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 09:56

BF:
Progress:

Morning everyone - Misskimbee, the weather here sucks as well!!! My lawn mower is fixed but I probably would need a tuke to wear tonight so I think I will leave it for Sunday when it will be a gorgeous 23 degrees. So where are your brothers? Question - what is it to live way out there? I worked in Whitehorse when I graduated and was a young 20 yr. old!!!

Sue - where are you this morning?

So ladies, just to let you know that I do not have internet at home so I do not check in until Monday morning. Have a weekend everyone - I will try to be back later.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 10:54

BF:

Hey Jas - I have one brother here (my twin) and my older brother lives in Grande Prairie. My mom is up here, and my dad is in Trinidad
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-14-05, 08:55

Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215 Male 6ft 2inc
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%

Well I am glad to see some others from Edmonton & Area. My name is Brian and I live in the west end. I am in the Military at the moment and want to get out and become a welder. I have been low carbing since Jan and have lost almost 70 pounds. I love to walk in the valley it is so nice down there. The best place that I have found for low carbers is the low carb galorie on the south side it rocks
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-14-05, 16:39
Still Wicked

Plan: none currently (WFPB now)
Stats: 235/112/120 Female 151 cm (4.11 1/2)
BF:
Progress: 107%

I'm in Red Deer--moved here a year or so ago from Calgary, but I am originally from the states. I love it here--it's close enough to both Edmonton and Calgary so we get to go in for something special, and we have all the pleasures of living in a smaller area too.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-14-05, 21:53
Registered Member

Plan: ---
Stats: ---/---/--- Female ---
BF:
Progress:

Nice to see so many of us here. I'm dashykathy and live in Innisfail - about 15 min. from Red Deer. Used to live in Edmonton (Millwoods) and I love Edmonton. My mom lives in Hay River, NWT. I lived in Grande Cache for about 7 yrs. - that's 2 hrs. south of Grande Prairie - beautiful country up there!!

dashykathy
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 05:12
Still Wicked

Plan: none currently (WFPB now)
Stats: 235/112/120 Female 151 cm (4.11 1/2)
BF:
Progress: 107%

Welcome to the boards DashyKathy!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 08:23

BF:

WOW - it's great to see so many fellow Albertans here! How is everyone this fine Monday morning!! Welcome to you all.
Atmasters, I agree with you about the Low Carb Gallery! I was there recently and picked up more Torani Syrups - I always feel like I'm cheating when I use them.
I'm back on induction again because I've been sliding quite badly these last few weeks. Did my grocery shopping yesterday and my fridge & pantry are stocked with great foods. Now all I have to do is get my a#~ out of bed in the mornings and get some exercising done!!
Sue
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 09:13

BF:

Boy I wish we had some kind of low carb outlet here!! In YK we have 3 grocey stores - Extra Foods and Co-op - and they have very very very few choices for low carb foods! I've noticed recently that Extra Foods has gotten rid of all of their Carb Options brands except ketchup and HP sauce. It sucks!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 11:58

BF:

I really miss the Carb Options items!! I did find 1 lone jar of their peanut butter at a small IGA last night though. The clerks had obviously missed it when they took all the others off the shelf - the jar wouldn't even scan for them. But I finally got it and I'm going to use it sparingly in my satay sauce.
Next time my nephew & his wife (Ron & Lisa) come down for a visit (or my sister goes there) perhaps I could put together a package of things for you? I'll let you know next time and you can give me a wish list!!
Sue
  #15   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 14:15

BF:
Progress:

Been really busy......can hardly wait until the end of the day as we have an extra long weekend! Diet has not been good and I am in need of big time support - starting new as of Tuesday!

Brian - Hey, good to see you - my mom lives in Millwoods! I also have tons of other friends and family in Edmonton - love the place! I have not been to the low carb gallery but will check it out!

Misskimbee - a twin - how exciting! What CARB OPTIONs is gone? When? I love their stuff!

Sue - too funny about the peanut jar.......I need to get a grip here too!! But after this weekend!

Taming & Dashykathy - welcome - so glad to see other Albertans here.....

Will try to be back later - the darn phone keeps ringing!

What are everyone else's plans for the weekend?