Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 11:15

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardQuee
Dr. Eades has always been my favorite low carb doctor, and I really miss his blog entries. I hope PP 2.0 is published soon and he gets more active again!

You can catch him over at Dietdoctor.com He has some interviews and presentations over there that are recent.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-18, 05:34

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

I missed Nina Teicholz discussion on processed oils. Makes a lot of sense. I hope Dr Mike has a chapter on the different fats and their effects on our physiology. He is so good at explaining complex chemistry.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 03:46

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Nina has been doing more talks and podcasts, a really good one with Mike Mutzel of HIH, but sorry, I hid it under the Cholesterol and Heart Disease forum. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=480783

This is a good 30 minute version of her Vegetable Oil talk on YouTube. https://youtu.be/Q2UnOryQiIY

For anyone who wants to hear Dr Eades new talk mostly on oils, can always join DietDoctor for the free month and easily unsubscribe if the extra content is not of value to you.

Alas, still no new book on pre-order, no newsletter. Hope that the Eades are having an uneventful summer this year with time to write.

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Aug-10-18 at 03:53.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 04:57

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
I missed Nina Teicholz discussion on processed oils. Makes a lot of sense. I hope Dr Mike has a chapter on the different fats and their effects on our physiology. He is so good at explaining complex chemistry.

Dr. Eades does a whole presentation lecture on fats on diet doctor.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 07:18
Registered Member

Plan: LC, IF
Stats: 256/240/190 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Nina Teicholz' book, The Big Fat Surprise, was superb. She went back almost a hundred years in her research and showed in great detail exactly how we have been lied to and fooled into eating the wrong way all our lives till recently.

I think a huge part of the country and the medical community still haven't caught on (or caught up). Maybe they never will.

I'm still reading frequently about how bad saturated fats are for us, and about the importance of lots of grains in our diet.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 07:27

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan70
Nina Teicholz' book, The Big Fat Surprise, was superb. She went back almost a hundred years in her research and showed in great detail exactly how we have been lied to and fooled into eating the wrong way all our lives till recently.

I think a huge part of the country and the medical community still haven't caught on (or caught up). Maybe they never will.

I'm still reading frequently about how bad saturated fats are for us, and about the importance of lots of grains in our diet.

This , sadly, is all too true.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-18, 14:43

We are all going to have to wait for PP 2.0...maybe a long time.

Dr Eades had a good interview with Dr. Baker. He thinks Dr. Fung is right about fasting, mentioned Fred Hahn has lost fat with fasting, he never limited protein with his patients, and is now focussed on seed oil's impact on mitochrondria as a cause of the obesity epidemic. He quoted Dr. Richard Feinman that to lose weight, Don’t Eat, If you have to eat, Don’t eat Carbs, and If you have to eat Carbs, make them low glycemic.

The Eades have their own small publishing company, so the only problem with finishing the book is that they have no deadline. If something else comes up, the book is ignored. He said nothing to the effect "it is almost done", more like it is at the bottom of the list, no mention of progress or a new publication time.

But in the meantime, here's the podcast: http://humanperformanceoutliers.lib...r-michael-eades

Last edited by JEY100 : Thu, Nov-08-18 at 09:25.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-18, 06:11
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/carb cycle/IF
Stats: 226/213/160 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100

Dr Eades had a good interview with Dr. Baker. He thinks Dr. Fung is right about fasting, mentioned Fred Hahn has lost fat with fasting, he never limited protein with his patients, and is now focussed on seed oil's impact on mitochrondria as a cause of the obesity epidemic. He quoted Dr. Richard Feinman that to lose weight, Don’t Eat, if you have to eat, don’t eat carbs, and if you have to eat carbs, make them low glycemic.

The Eades have their own small publishing company, so the only problem with finishing the book is that they have no deadline. If something else comes up, the book is ignored. He said nothing to the effect "it is almost done", more like it is at the bottom of the list, no mention of progress or a new publication time.

But in the meantime, here's the podcast: http://humanperformanceoutliers.lib...r-michael-eades

Thank you, Janet. I kept wondering if/when PP 2.0 might be coming out and have even checked his blog several times for any recent mentions, but no luck. *sigh*
Sharon
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-19, 13:25

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:

According to Amazon UK, the book(s) is due out in January 2021. However, no date is given on Amazon.com for when it's out in the US.

Protein Power Pyramid Life Planner Custom Paperback – 28 Jan 2021
by M.D., Eades, Mary Dan (Author), M.D., Eades, Michael R. (Author)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protein-Po.../dp/0471663611/

Protein Power Pyramid Transition to Maintenance Custom Paperback – 28 Jan 2021
by M.D., Eades, Mary Dan (Author), M.D., Eades, Michael R. (Author)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protein-Po.../dp/0471663603/
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-19, 05:02
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/carb cycle/IF
Stats: 226/213/160 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Thank you for the info.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-20, 04:04

First blog post from Dr Mike in 800 days...long saga about blogs and podcasts, not a word about a new book.

https://proteinpower.com/tfw-you-re...n-over-2-years/
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-20, 05:53

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
First blog post from Dr Mike in 800 days...long saga about blogs and podcasts, not a word about a new book.

https://proteinpower.com/tfw-you-re...n-over-2-years/

Yess, I just read his blog and can understand why he has not been blogging or working on a new book. I can relate to his frustrations with blog sites and commiserate with his California environmental issues.

I wish him luck with his podcasts